Thread: 5.5 - Gamespot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    oh god the first comment had to be someone who can't read "work in progress". Why do you hate me sorry? Why? Why???????????

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow really? I personally hope it does well, but that's because I'm tired of WoW and just want something else. But, this is also the reason I won't pre-order games anymore or buy them at release. I think this is a little too soon, but we'll see. Again, I hope it does well, but in all honesty, odds are against new MMO's.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

How does a game with ZERO reviews get a 5.5?

/boggle
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Haha, okay.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I don't understand how gamespot works, but why does it have a 5.5 score if it doesn't have a review of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I don't understand how gamespot works, but why does it have a 5.5 score if it doesn't have a review of the game?
    Pretty much this, they've been confusing me lately. First their review on Skyward Sword criticizing it's recycling (cause TP didn't right?....oh wait) and it's controls (which have pretty much been critically acclaimed by everyone else), and now this....a score without a review. Say what?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

inb4 WoW fanboys posting here and on other forums saying TOR sucks.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Is either a glitch or somebody decided to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Pretty much this, they've been confusing me lately. First their review on Skyward Sword criticizing it's recycling (cause TP didn't right?....oh wait) and it's controls (which have pretty much been critically acclaimed by everyone else), and now this....a score without a review. Say what?
    They're also reviewing an MMO still in closed beta with significant content patches releasing every few weeks, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i will trust my friends who said the game was incredible over a website that gave it a 5.5 with zero reviews.

I think this is pretty funny to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably a placeholder/default value because there are no reviews.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamespot has been a shit review shit for a long time now. I'm curious how they give a score without a review but in the end its irellevant. Pc Gamer is a far better publication. I'll wait to see their review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    They're also reviewing an MMO still in closed beta with significant content patches releasing every few weeks, so...
    Yeah I haven't been really paying much attention to Starwars info lately cause I want it to feel for me like every other MMO did......a whole new world to explore but yeah, if that's the case then I agree.

Stupid
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

WoW Fanbois: L0L UR GAME SUX W0W R0X
    SWTOR Fanbois: 0MG GAMESP0T SUX SWT0R R0X

It's a word I'm looking for... what was it again? Oh yeah... bias.

This looks like a bug. Reviewing an MMO a month before release would just be plain dumb to start, and the front page for the PC section shows no review or review score for SWTOR.

Anyway, Gamespot already lost all their credibility years ago for me, but when i saw on metacritic that they gave Skyward Sword the lowest score of all the internet reviews (7.5/10) they managed to sink even further down in terms of credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    WoW Fanbois: L0L UR GAME SUX W0W R0X
    SWTOR Fanbois: 0MG GAMESP0T SUX SWT0R R0X

It's a word I'm looking for... what was it again? Oh yeah... bias.
    It's called opinion.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    This looks like a bug. Reviewing an MMO a month before release would just be plain dumb to start, and the front page for the PC section shows no review or review score for SWTOR.

Anyway, Gamespot already lost all their credibility years ago for me, but when i saw on metacritic that they gave Skyward Sword the lowest score of all the internet reviews (7.5/10) they managed to sink even further down in terms of credibility.
    yeah, it seems weird to review an mmo before it is on the live servers, when all the changes are in, and because actually playing with other people at release should be important for the review.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In one of TotalBiscut's mailboxes he talks about the current horrid VG rating system that is in place. A lot of what he said I completely agree with, specifically the part where he says something to the effect of "If you want to play a game, don't let someone tell you how good it is. Go out and play it for yourself."

I'd go out on a limb and say that the only reason this rating was posted is just more nerd bait to get TOR fans up in arms.

It's a mistake/bug, GS doesn't review games in beta.

It is now rated a 0.0, lol.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? It says 0.0 for me.