Poll: Which Theme Song Sounds Best?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think Norn wins this one for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr theme, because it kind of reminds me of "Anvil of Crom". Like a baws.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Norn, with Charr being a close second. The drums in the Charr theme are just...amazing.

Human sounds rather familiar..just kinda sounds like other things I've heard. (Probably just me! )
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nigh impossible to choose. I'll go with Charr for the darker theme.

This thread has really gotten me into the soundtrack. What I love, besides the music just being plain awesome, is that he used a lot of old music from GW1 and updated into the newer music. I still get that awesome nostalgia feeling from the first one, but at the same time it's updated and new. IDK if that makes any sense but whatevs

This has got to be my favorite track thus far:

Norn was the most bold of them all, full of emotion, worthy of a movie theme. The others didn't do much for me though, although the harp in the Sylvari theme was relaxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the Norn theme followed by sylvari then charr,the others are meh to me anyways.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura / Sylvari kind of tie. I like Asura theme because it has the oriental aspects. The sylvari one simply stands out as being the most 'different' of the bunch. The rest are far too cliche for my tastes.

All the music is amazing! But...

Norn wins IMO. So epic! (Plus, my chosen race, so I'm rather bias)
    The Charr theme takes the silver.

I can only hope that the soundtrack will be included in the CE. *fingers crossed*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whill4 View Post
    This has got to be my favorite track thus far:
    Epicness at 1.45

Have to go with the Norn theme. Not biased at all, not like i'm gonna play one or anything, *cough* :|

Followed by Charr.

Deleted
    Human or Sylvari

I voted human, though Norn and Sylvari come in at a close second. Charr theme is dead last, which is ironic because that's my first choice for race to play (since I'm picking a Guardian, I'm adopting the philosopy "go big or go home"... Plus, I want to see how far I can go making a Charr equivalent of the stereotypical paladin look. Will I be able to make angry kitty into holy kitty of virtue? We shall see =P ).

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Its really hard to pick because they all have the same thematic material. I think its absolutely fucking BRILLIANT of the composer to do to unify all the races under one melody that is merely varied.

However, if at the end of the day I had to pick one, I'd actually say human. It is very late 17th cen./early 18th cen. classical in the sense that it opens up with the "Guild Wars" meldoy that we're all familiar with in a "slow introduction," that leads up the primary theme slightly varied from the established melody from the slow introduction, then it continues to develop the "Guild Wars" melody in a way unique that is not heard in any other race's themes.

The same could be said for the Sylvari, but this is due to the fact that the GW theme is burred in the Sylvari theme.
    He does the same with the Elder Scrolls games, Jeremy Soule is just simply brilliant. Everything he does is beautifully composed.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naithallis View Post
    All the music is amazing! But...

Norn wins IMO. So epic! (Plus, my chosen race, so I'm rather bias)
    The Charr theme takes the silver.

I can only hope that the soundtrack will be included in the CE. *fingers crossed*
    lol ^^ probably will :] as I recall it did with all the GW1 CE's. I could be wrong and I'm not really able to check right now, but I do think we'll see it this time around regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr by far....Norn is a worthy second.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    Charr by far....Norn is a worthy second.
    Agreed, I love the Charr theme ^^ It was a tough decision cause Norn is so badass

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Agreed, I love the Charr theme ^^ It was a tough decision cause Norn is so badass
    Yea the same for me but the drums are just awesome.........

Norn. Feels epic. Truly heroic.

It's the GW theme in my mind.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    He does the same with the Elder Scrolls games, Jeremy Soule is just simply brilliant. Everything he does is beautifully composed.
    I noticed that. I youtube'd the Elder Scrolls themes and it is just... amazing work. So much depth to his compositions. So much so that I say that Mr. Soule's music is a character in the game by itself. The music supports the scene, or feeling, perfectly; but also can stand on its own as simply beautiful music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I noticed that. I youtube'd the Elder Scrolls themes and it is just... amazing work. So much depth to his compositions. So much so that I say that Mr. Soule's music is a character in the game by itself. The music supports the scene, or feeling, perfectly; but also can stand on its own as simply beautiful music.
    Off-topic:

Has anyone noticed Jeremy's last name? Soule? Hinting at the passion maybe that he puts into his work?

Nah, must be just me! Haha!