Poll: Which Theme Song Sounds Best?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whose Theme Sounds the Best?

Ok, so i was roaming youtube, and found a theme for all the races!! Whose do you think sounds the best? I'M NOT SAYING WHAT RACE YOU THINK IS BETTER, JUST VOTE BASED ON THE SONGS

Sylvari: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGrzN...eature=related

Charr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQYTK...eature=related

Human: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0H7x...eature=related

Asura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgm9...eature=related

Norn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdwz0iyiJAU

NOTE: The youtube video for norn says that it's the main theme, but it's totally norn sounding if you ask me, so disregard that =D
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its really hard to pick because they all have the same thematic material. I think its absolutely fucking BRILLIANT of the composer to do to unify all the races under one melody that is merely varied.

However, if at the end of the day I had to pick one, I'd actually say human. It is very late 17th cen./early 18th cen. classical in the sense that it opens up with the "Guild Wars" meldoy that we're all familiar with in a "slow introduction," that leads up the primary theme slightly varied from the established melody from the slow introduction, then it continues to develop the "Guild Wars" melody in a way unique that is not heard in any other race's themes.

The same could be said for the Sylvari, but this is due to the fact that the GW theme is burred in the Sylvari theme.
    Last edited by theredviola; 2011-11-18 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Its really hard to pick because they all have the same thematic material. I think its absolutely fucking BRILLIANT of the composer to do to unify all the races under one melody that is merely varied.

However, if at the end of the day I had to pick one, I'd actually say human. It is very classical in the sense that it has a slow introduction that leads up the primary theme and then states the theme slightly varied from the established melody from the other race's themes.
    Indeed, i picked sylvari because i just loved how mystical it sounded.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Indeed, i picked sylvari because i just loved how mystical it sounded.
    In all the races Jeremy Soule truly showed off the character of each race. The Sylvari theme, as youi stated, sounds mystic and mysterious. The human theme is nobal, the Norn them is brave, the Asura theme is smart and quick, and the Charr theme makes you want to invade a small country.

Also, this man loves his brass, specifically his horns. That man has so many John Williams aspects about him. The orchestration can -sometimes- be questionable, but DAMN can he write a tune.
    Last edited by theredviola; 2011-11-18 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    In all the races Jeremy Soule truly showed off the character of each race. The Sylvari theme, as youi stated, sounds mystic and mysterious. The human theme is nobal, the Norn them is brave, the Asura theme is smart and quick, and the Charr theme makes you want to invade a small country.
    lol you hit the nail on the head! And the description of the charr one is great xD!

Deleted
    I really like norn theme

10+ Year Old Account
    The Theme Song Also, the track of Divinity's Reach is beautiful

10+ Year Old Account
    the norn music is the best it has that sense of adventure that makes me want the game to be out NOW

plus its the GWEN theme song (or similar)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    The Charr.

They're an original race to Guild Wars (non-playable but still a big part of it), and I feel the race shows off how you can fit "technology" into a sword and magic fantasy game quite well. They also remind me of Wemics from D&D only instead of a tribal theme, we have Legions/technology.

Source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wemic

Norn. Feels epic. Truly heroic.

It's the GW theme in my mind.

Norn with Asura as a close second.

I hope they include the music with the CE of this game. Jeremy Soule is a bad ass.

Deleted
    The human one is just ... Epic?

imo, norn with sylvari close second.

norn music calls for epic adventures while hearing the sylvari one just sort of gives a "thirst for discovery" taste in a mystic & magic world.
    guess that's just jeremy soule for you.

**melts**

Deleted
    The sylvari theme, especially the beginning. Also, Divinity's Reach ost.

I'd say asure, and sylvari as a close second. Asure has that melodic adventurous theme going on, i love it. :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'd say asure, and sylvari as a close second. Asure has that melodic adventurous theme going on, i love it. :d
    That's asurA

Voted Norn, because it's just the gw2 theme for me. Second charr, love those war drums.

Not a big fan of the asuran one honestly.
    Not because I dislike the music but because I think it doesn't fit that much for the race imho.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    I really like the Asura theme - sounds pretty cool, and is quite similar to the main theme IMO

15+ Year Old Account
    All them are good, it is very hard to choose one. But if I had to then it'd be the sylvari. Very mystical and elfish sounding. Much like.