Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    Can some 1 give me the link for the legendary procs in Poweraura, thanks!

This is what I use for the agility stacks
    Version:4.23; icon:inv_misc_volatileshadow; buffname:shadows of the destroyer; texture:74; alpha:1; mine:true; textaura:true; size:0.23; y:-164; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.b:0; stacks.g:0.5373; stacks.y:-143; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.UseOwnColor:true; stacks.h:1.14; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency
    And this for the proc itself (hard to miss, right?)
    Version:4.23; b:0; icon:Spell_Shadow_Shadowfury; buffname:fury of the destroyer; r:0.1529; texture:20; alpha:1; y:-142; texmode:2

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Well at least it sounds a lot more fair that everyone has got to do (about) the same effort in acquiring a perticular legendary now. (ifyou take raid size into consideration)
    Question is what you consider “easy” of course.
    Warglaives were pure luck based. Although you can argue that people needed to get to Illidan to get lucky in the first place of course.
    I got the MH warglaive on the very first kill (you can call me a liar now but it is true) . Was that hard? Of course it wasn’t, it was pure luck.
    It sucked if you killed him 50 times and had no luck, but RNG just is RNG, there is nothing difficult about RNG, except that you have no influence on it.

The daggers, staff and shadowmourne were a lot more difficult to obtain (at least in the way I see difficult).
    Doing Creed in assassination spec sure was challenging for me, but apparently combat specs had it a lot easier. (doing Nalice in combat spec was a lot less satisfying though)
    But even then, for me, doing a boss and defeating him yourself, is more challenging than getting lucky on a drop.

Our guild got the legendary staff a week before Dragon Soul was released (thank god it is still releveant in this content) and we were doing 6/7 HC so for us, I didn't see that as being easy.
    I tend to agree with you here, I have never considered any legendary "hard" to get I think it had more to do with the amount of them. And I do feel that's where they failed here. There are far too many of them. I think they should have set the number of clusters at 1 per boss normal 25 man, 50% chance for one in 10 man. Then in hard mode get 2-3 cluster per. This at least would give the advantage to those guilds who were doing hard modes but not keeping it away from people who don't do them.

Overall I prefer the build up process over the random drop. I guess when it drops its more exciting because of all times it didn't drop, like winning the lottery, but the build up is less exciting because you knew you were going to get it, just a matter of time.

Edit: I will get mine this Thursday, hopefully, but my luck has been terrible 1 3 and 3 1s....fu rng fu. 4th in guild btw.
    Last edited by phenom568; 2012-06-03 at 08:00 PM.

I currently play sub (always have been) obviously i note alot of dps increase (hitting 40k without playing perfect, 50k on LFD/HoT) I havn't completely set up my POWA for the legendaries (got them a week ago, thanks to emo people my guild splitted) and i was 2nd in line to get them.

I'll take the powa's of naifas (THX!)
    But my main questions are; Should i spec combat now? will the dps be a increase? With my stage 2 daggers i get awfully close to combat rogues as sub in pugs, even if they have legendaries im less then 5k behind them. With the Fangs i expect to be able to beat them even if my gear ain;t that good overall... On a sidenote, ive had my OH enchanted with Wep chain during the whole of stage 2....
    Currently i'm running with T12 Shoulders (hc) and Gloves (378) Should i still keep doing this? or is it time to go 4P T13?

For PVP i have a sort of the same issue, Fangs is not a free road to any arena rating, i know that so far. And currently i have Wep chain untill our next heroic raid attempts.
    Should i go all out on pvp gear? Since vial never dropped for me, what trinket should i use (goblin) And should i use a 4/5p pvp gear or add 2p pve gear?
    In arena and bg's i have a huge problem vs Enh Shamans and Hunters. In arena that setup completely rapes me and my FM partner. So obviously im abit affraid to remove alot of PVP gear. Also should i reforge my pvp gear to haste or crit?

TLDR;
    1) Combat worth it if im a good sub
    2) 3p or 4p T13 if i dont have heroic T12 gloves
    3) What trinket to use in PVP
    4) do i use any pve armor in pvp?
    5) haste or crit in PvP (bis gear)

can i do the 333 crystal quest in the next xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    can i do the 333 crystal quest in the next xpac?
    Yes you can. As with all other legendaries they are obtainable in the next xpac's
    They have said nothing about the removal of the quests...
    Seeing that MOP is quite close they should have given out a warning if they where thinking about removing it allready.
    I dont expect people that start on the quest now are able to complete them in 10 man before MoP comes out.
    Seeing the time it takes;
    333 gems is 66 ish bosses and 60 clusters = 60 bosses = 126 bosses = 16 weeks to complete
    With abit of luck you get it a week faster or later if you are very unlucky with gems...
    Its juli now and i expect a release in september.. or early october

Just tossing it on here for reference - detailed info on proc rates from recent blue post:

Fangs of the Father
    Assassination: 23.139% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    Combat: 9.438% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    Subtlety: 28.223% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    These chances are multiplied by 0.9 for lvl 89 targets, 0.8 for lvl 90 targets, 0.7 for lvl 91 targets, 0.6 for lvl 92 targets, and 0.5 for lvl 93+ targets.
    After adding a stack, if you have >30 stacks, you have a [1/(51-stacks)] chance to proc the Fury buff.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=14#261
    Last edited by Skulldouggery; 2012-09-01 at 01:27 PM. Reason: better link

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldouggery View Post
    Just tossing it on here for reference - detailed info on proc rates from recent blue post:

Fangs of the Father
    Assassination: 23.139% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    Combat: 9.438% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    Subtlety: 28.223% chance on white/yellow melee landing, no ICD.
    These chances are multiplied by 0.9 for lvl 89 targets, 0.8 for lvl 90 targets, 0.7 for lvl 91 targets, 0.6 for lvl 92 targets, and 0.5 for lvl 93+ targets.
    After adding a stack, if you have >30 stacks, you have a [1/(51-stacks)] chance to proc the Fury buff.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=14#261
    Except sub isn't getting a 28% proc rate for a large number of people... Poisons also appear to be stacking it now which would mean assassination has an unstated advantage in addition to its 23%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the OP.

Poisons also currently proc the stacks because they have been taken off the spell hit table and moved to melee hit table, so Assassination has a lot higher proc rate than what it has been said to be.
    During our 10-man T11HC clear this week, our rogue procced FotD 3 times during a mob with around 1.3M hp.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2012-09-04 at 06:26 AM.

Is anyone getting improved stack rates for Sub now? I seem to be getting somewhat closer to what I am as assassination now at least.

Has anybody checked to see if the fangs are still decent at the start of 90 heroics or (Lord forbid) normal raiding? Probably just easier to ask when their benefit is outweighed by the higher ilevels of new gear? Mind you, this assumes you have appropriate ilevel weapons anyway for dungeon requirements. Mostly I ask because I remember Shadowmourne still being pretty good in early cata.

Also, I get insane stacks as assassination with fan of knives/deadly poison and the new aoe finisher makes Yorsahj adds a breeze because I can proc wings after only a couple (about 4 or 5) fans and end the phase back with 20+ stacks for the next time. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Has anybody checked to see if the fangs are still decent at the start of 90 heroics or (Lord forbid) normal raiding? Probably just easier to ask when their benefit is outweighed by the higher ilevels of new gear? Mind you, this assumes you have appropriate ilevel weapons anyway for dungeon requirements. Mostly I ask because I remember Shadowmourne still being pretty good in early cata.

Also, I get insane stacks as assassination with fan of knives/deadly poison and the new aoe finisher makes Yorsahj adds a breeze because I can proc wings after only a couple (about 4 or 5) fans and end the phase back with 20+ stacks for the next time. Fun times.
    Maybe for level 90 heroic dungeons, but most certainly not for pre-raid gear. Remember that the stacks have half the normal chance to proc against a level 93 target, and being at ~30-40% less weapon dps and accordingly 30-40% less stats, the set bonus won't make up for that given the much slower proc rate--which is twofold, lower proc chance and less haste/hit/exp due to stat depreciation.