Deleted

When they'll improve archaeology, will they use the same races?

I wonder if I should keep my night elf tablets. If there are more artifacts they should be valuable. If they add more on the same race that is.

Deleted
    What if on a what if? There was a rumor of increased items upon dig from PTR, how did you get to 'they will improve' beats me.

And, yes, it is safe to assume they will use the same races, maybe more in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xingu View Post
    What if on a what if? There was a rumor of increased items upon dig from PTR, how did you get to 'they will improve' beats me.
    forum raaaaage.

Anyway, I was looking for informed opinions based on fact. I can speculate on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingu View Post

And, yes, it is safe to assume they will use the same races, maybe more in MoP.
    Yup, i see no reason to stop using nelf etc.

As for new races, pandaren might be one, since thats what this whole expansion is about and it might be a great reason to give them some more background story. I hope we get some extra artifacts for existing races aswell though.

As for the improving, there was a blue post where they said they would make it less grindy.

Deleted
    They should just copy the whole chocobo system of FFIX. Felt much much much more fun even if it's was the same basic idea (dig for items).

Deleted
    It will still be boring, too much grind for items which are basicly useless (apart from epic weapons back in 4.0/4.1).

Deleted
    They might as well take the "do what you want to do, the way you want to do it" route and convert all the useless grey items you get into something useful. Get a grey, exchange it in the archeology site of SW for a currency, use the currency to buy useful things, trade items for example. Leave the rare things as they are, and revamp the act of digging to something more dinamic and fun. That's why I mentioned the FFIX system, it was really simple and much more fun to do. The more time you manage to stay in one round, the higher the chance to get something rarer in the last excavations you manage. Would be much better to be something you have to pay attention instead of afking it.

The best way to improve arch would be to remove it from the game. Its a horrible boring grind with meagre rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology could be a LOT better imo. What I hate about it is that Archaeology is VERY grindy with little pay off and it's extremely RNG dependent. This profession embodies what about what sucks mmos in general.

I want to love it, believe me, but I rather have a my carrot on the end of my stick knowing when I can get my carrot rather than rolling dice for a chance for one to pop up.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

I like it. I don't really care what the do, so long as they keep adding items and races.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

archaeology was awful, and they really need to improve it next xpac. Just basically not fun, but they items were kinda cool. Should add in a puzzle solving fun thing to it.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Quote Originally Posted by zirrhose View Post
    It will still be boring, too much grind for items which are basicly useless (apart from epic weapons back in 4.0/4.1).
    Except that Zinrokh is one of the best looking sword models in the game ever, and anyone that can use a 2 handed sword model, will probably still be trying to get it to proc long into MOP.

But yes, the chances of getting the 359 epics, if only for the vanity of having them is far to chaotic and RNG based.

1 year anniversary of Cata's release is a little over 3 weeks away and there are people who have done archaeology every day since it went live and still dont the rares they want.

I can live with just the increase in fragments, on live its 3, 4 or 6 fragments (more if a dwarf) on the PTR it's 7, 9, 11 fragments with more if you are a dwarf.

But it would nice to see an increase in the drop rate of the 359 rares now that with 378 gear in 5 mans, and 384(LFR)/397(norm)/410(heroic) in the raid, the 359 epics have long been obsolete.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    plz make Archaelogy to have some interest all the BOA items have to be from 1-85lv and for all those ppl that go up and down the kingdom for hours the epic items have to upgrate for FL. Items like the innkeepers daughter,chalice of the mountain king,ancient amber...... is for kids!!!better to give some fly mounts(not only for alchemist) some items for buffs, trinkets,rings,necks for all classes upgrade to FL and 4.3.
    AAA!! and something that came up to me now an ultimate random treasure of 10-20k gold good idea??)