Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Remember most about your child hood?

I drank a lot of koolaid and watched rugrats hahaha.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I ran around in our bathing suits ALL summer long. Good god..Where were my parents? I'm surprised some pedo didn't snatch us all up.

I also remember tying jumping rope around us all and pretending we were sled dogs.

I'm still obsessed with huskies to this day. :P

The only thing i remember from my childhood is breaking my arm on the monkey-bars >_<. i still have the scar today

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing computer games.

:3

Video games. Lots and lots of video games.

And lots of attempts by my parents to get me to do something else. Yeah... That worked out well, didn't it.

Shaving in 7th grade, to the immense jealousy of all my friends, who didnt start till 9-10th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I grew up around penn state and have some pretty bad memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    My strongest memory is when my brother introduced me to gaming. I was six at the time, he was ten, and I was watching a particular morning kiddie show he hated:

Bro: "Come over here! I wanna show you something cool!"
    Me: (Always idolized him): "Okay!" *tap-tap-tap* "Is that worm holding a shotgun?"
    Bro: "Yeah. The goal of the game is to kill all the worms on the other team! We can control one team each, wanna try?"
    Me: "YEAH!"

And thus, a gamer was born on a version of Worms I still don't know the name of. It had two maps (One snowy with a bridge to the far east, and one "hell" map).

^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I remember spending countless hours catching frogs, playing army, and just all around adventuring in the summer. I also remember loving the N64, and Nes. It was like I lived in between the generations that played outside all the time and the ones that don't go outside at all lol. My brothers don't go outside at all they just play minecraft and dragonage all day lol.

I still have a vivid memory of the birdbath I ran into when I was 5 >< That might be because of the stitches I needed, right on the edge of my eye socket!

Other than that ...
    - Sharing dog biscuits with my grandparents' labradors!
    - tobogganing down the West Hill in Hastings.
    - Endless summers on the beach, catching crabs and fish with my dad and brothers.
    - Sitting on my dad's shoulders (cos the sea floor was muddy, and I'd sink too much) as we fished for shrimps in a home-made net, in the sea in light rain (we caught 2 buckets full - my mum makes great prawn cocktail! :-)
    - Countless times charging around the woods with my friends, making bows and arrows.
    - The games I'd play on our ZX Spectrum
    - Trying to ride my bike with a broken arm (before I knew it was broken).
    - Playing football with said broken arm wrapped in fibreglass - it was practically indestructible!

Good times :-)

Deleted
    Running around for hours on end and never getting tired.
    Jumpers for goalposts and games of footy going on from the end of school til you got called in because it was pitch black outside. Scores ending up at like 108-92.
    Popping wheelies on your bike and making jumps out of bricks and boards. Whoever got the furthest usually became most popular until someone broke your "record".
    Doing keepy ups and bragging to your friends about how many you could do.
    Everything smelt so much better. I still get taken back by smells and im well out of my teens.
    Getting absolutely filthy and not having a care in the world.
    Getting your face pinched by your parents friends who thought you were "cute".
    Kisses from granny in front of your friends that made you blush and immediately wipe off to save face.

I could go on forever, great topic.

I recall...anger management issues, asshole gym teachers, watching rugrats, and splitting my lower lip and having to get that fixed.

bah, looking back that makes my childhood look pretty crappy. except the rugrats. that was a good show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Singing in choirs at school. Good times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spending all day at the dance studio with my friends since I was in ballet, tap, jazz and hiphop. We'd play in the field next door on our breaks and make bridges out of branches and picnic in the tall grass. We'd always have sleepovers and visit eachother outside of the studio like a big family. I miss that a lot.

Climbing trees, swimming, making up games and exploring the neighborhood with the kids who lived nearby.

Spending summer days inside with neighborhood kids all in our pajamas with lots of snacks and Super Nintendo. We must have beat Donkey Kong 20 times every summer and it never got old.

Riding my aunt's weimaraner around the house whenever we visited.

My grandpa taught me all sorts of things like how to fish, drive the lawnmower, split logs and such. He always had really neat stories to share and always checked to see my sister and I kept our rooms clean and answered all sorts of our questions. My grandparents lived on 20 acres in the forest and it was so much fun exploring the property and sledding down the hills in the snow during winter. My grandpa was so much fun. I miss him so much...

I practically lived at my babysitter's house from the time I was 3 months until I was 10 years old because my mom was single and so busy with work. We had a lot of fun there, even though I had to do all sorts of chores. The husband was a ton of fun and reminded me of my grandpa since he'd show me his hunting gear, taught me how to work with his bird dog, and he'd turn me upside and walk me around the cieling and pretend that the deer head mounted on the wall was a monster and it always scared me >.<

We used to go to my aunt's house every summer and go to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm which was always a ton of fun.

Thinking about it...I had an amazing childhood. I miss it and am thankful for every moment of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waking up at 5-6 AM, asking my dad for Strawberry milk, and then watching Elmo's World

Playing video games, watching cartoons, and not liking other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born -81
    Climbing trees, staying out until 22:00 before being of school age(because it was safe then, and parents couldnt find us ) messing around in abandoned buildings, Star Wars, He-man, Transformers, Thundercats, Dr. Snuggles, Fraggles, Ika i rutan, Björnes Magasin etc. Most importantly, experiencing injuries, limitations and pressing out little bodies to our extremes, sleeping properly and no computers!(no cotton wool treatment from parents!)
    Last edited by Psilo.; 2011-11-22 at 02:17 AM.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

disappointment.......

10+ Year Old Account
    DUN DUN DUN

I want to be the very best