Thread: Replaying KotOR

Replaying KotOR

Let me say I originally started following SWTOR years ago because I was such a huge fan of the first two games. And after beta weekend
    I was left with a need to play more star wars so I started playing the first game again.

The story is just as epic as I remember it being and I'm loving it...
    But the combat is so bad, I spam the same strike cuz it its not efficient to scroll thru attacks and abilities just to one or two shot most things. I know the game has some age on it, but with all the mods for the game I was hoping for a way to see all abilities, but I don't think its possible coding wise.

Any other fans go back and play and shocked at combat system?

Ps... Still an amazing game and one of my favorites.

I tried to play it, but it kept crashing on my new machine. Not sure why.

Otherwise yes, I played it years ago and the graphics shocked me when i tried it recently rofl. Still my favourite game though.
    this game sucks

My only gripe with the combat system was that Que'ing/Cancelling and using new abilities always felt clunky, and if you were slightly to slow at pausing and re-que'ing something you could be dead so easily... E.g You use Flurry... Then you cancel everything a split second to late in pause and use a medpac another flurry goes off and you die.

Other then that though amazing game, I'm replaying slowly atm (Probs about 40% done on Taris) just trying to really do all side quests, Pazzak and everything to soak all I can out of the game one last time before SWTOR and it's really paying off Reconfirmed my thoughts that it is my most favorite game of all time

I went a play through and a half of KotOR II a month back, when my internet was down. It was amusing.

Well, until I realized I had nothing else to do, then got bored with the second file within a week. -__-
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

If you tried it on pc, it crashed on me with Windows 7 till I opened config and disabled movies, then in game options turned if grass. Then it was smooth... Except combat haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever i try to replay it i can never seem to get through the first planet without bashing my head in
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Tried to instal KOTOR 1 and it refused to run properly cuz of Win7 and after I uninstaled it something went wrong, so now whenever I try to install it again, it acts as if I'm trying to uninstall it again ??? O_o
    So until SWTOR (beta) I have to satisfy myself with KOTOR 2, which is quite good as well and probably more darker than 1st. Only problem was that I didn't know until a week or 2 ago that there were mods to make game "full version" with cut content, so I had to restart when I was already on Korriban (last planet).

PS: Kreia's awesome! =)

hey guys i did this back a few months ago when I wanted to play KotOR this thread did a great job getting my game running with win 7.

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

try it out should work on win 7 machines like it did for me

I just started playing KOTOR for the first time, and I'm pretty terrible with the combat system. Trying to rescue Zaalbar atm but failing terribly lol

And is autoleveling bad because I don't feel like researching my class at all and am not sure what points to put things in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried playing it a while ago as well, but holy crap this game hasn't aged well

The combat feels really really clunky, and there's more bugs than in the TES series
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    My only gripe with the combat system was that Que'ing/Cancelling and using new abilities always felt clunky, and if you were slightly to slow at pausing and re-que'ing something you could be dead so easily... E.g You use Flurry... Then you cancel everything a split second to late in pause and use a medpac another flurry goes off and you die.
    Probably my only pet peeve in that game even after 10+ playthroughs (All dark side, no less). It was especially lame if I hadn't saved in a while and somehow got molested by a group of Gamorreans in the sewers (Really? Gamorreans? Come one!). Other than that, if it wasn't such a hassle to play on Windows 7 - I got it working fine eventually - I'd probably go through it all again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's soooo old nowadays I find it really hard to enjoy sadly. Getting through that first planet always gives me a bit of a headache. I would LOVE to play KoToR2 though, sadly I cannot find it for computer. xD
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    It's soooo old nowadays I find it really hard to enjoy sadly. Getting through that first planet always gives me a bit of a headache. I would LOVE to play KoToR2 though, sadly I cannot find it for computer. xD
    Especially if you're keeping your toon at level 2 in order to maximize the Jedi levels granted when you hit Dantooine.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post

The combat feels really really clunky, and there's more bugs than in the TES series
    Yeah totally, I'll suffer through though. The main reason I'm playing, and I'm doing both games how revan and the exile are in canon, its so the story is fresh in my head for swtor.

The one thing that stood the test of time is the story so I'll power strike my way thru it .

Deleted

Aww come on, the game's not that old, only a few years, right .. right???

Like, look at Final Fantasy 7. That's a game with aged graphics. (I'm actually worried that there may be people on this forum born after FF7's release)

Also, I shed a tear every time I see the word "the" before an acronym beginning with The.

Deleted
    I was unfortunately unable to find my copy of kotor 1, but ive been replaying kotor 2 to get me in the mood. Since im going consular healer / dps, ive been playing as a consular / sith lord. Getting so damn excited for swtor now!

I personally love the combat, makes it really strategic that you can easily fully control your entire party. It's bit buggy though yes, but that could be at least partly because I'm running it on W7 64bit though. Still it's awesome game and it's not a secret that Revan seems to play a large part in TOR too (based on there being a TOR book just about him), so it helps if you know how his story got started. Also from screenshots you can see that eg. Korriban looks very similar as it did in KotOR, Taris is still recovering from being bombarded to the ground by Lord Malak, etc. At least for me little tidbits like really enrich the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    This got me in the mod to play again. I only have KoToR 1. Also i forget the tactic do you save all skill points or w/e theyre called till you actually become a jedi or what. Its been many years since i played.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    This got me in the mod to play again. I only have KoToR 1. Also i forget the tactic do you save all skill points or w/e theyre called till you actually become a jedi or what. Its been many years since i played.
    You can do that if you want. It allows you to advance lot further in the jedi line than you could otherwise, on the other hand you will be really weak while on Taris. My opinion is that you should level up when you can because not leveling up before being a jedi really screws up the difficulty level, and you end being really OP at the end.