Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

"What gives you the right to dictate to the Greek and Italian people?"

Another great speech by Nigel Farage on the European Union:

Where do people think this fiasco is going to end up? In my opinion, hopefully a big reduction in European bureaucracy. However its going to take something catastrophic because the only people who can end it are the people who sit within it, unfortunately.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    they want our money so they should listen to us...this was one of the most ridiculous speeches I have ever heard in this matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itedo View Post
    they want our money so they should listen to us...this was one of the most ridiculous speeches I have ever heard in this matter
    No, actually they don't want your money.

Besides it doesn't matter how much money you pump into Italy. As long as it uses the same currency kept at the same value as other countries with comparable production centers, it'll never become fiscally sound because it can't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Reported this thread because my son reads these forums and I don't want him brainwashed by politics and sex.
    <Infracted>
    Last edited by Maharishi; 2011-11-18 at 07:28 PM.

I get it the new ''thing'' is to bash Germans and call us Nazis... well never gets old i guess /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Reported this thread because my son reads these forums and I don't want him brainwashed by politics and sex.
    awesome, no wait, its not
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I get it the new ''thing'' is to bash Germans and call us Nazis... well never gets old i guess /shrug
    So it wasn't just me that thought that this guy was puling a massive Godwin's law style of trolling to the EU parliament?

funny thing is he isnt far off, however point is they want/need our money we have the right to dictate.

Don't think he called anyone Nazis, he was just making a comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the type of blowhard, publicity-seeking argument I normally expect from my own government congressmen.

Europeans are dealing with a problem. It is not the time to point fingers but to look for solutions, yet there is always some jerk trying to get publicity off of misfortune. I love how he tries to point out how they are not elected officials and then continues to make an argument sounding like a solution-less politician. Blame game time.

if blacks can still complain about their ancestors being slaves over 100 years ago, euros can complain about germans wanting to commit genocide and take over the world 70 years ago

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    This is the type of blowhard, publicity-seeking argument I normally expect from my own government congressmen.

Europeans are dealing with a problem. It is not the time to point fingers but to look for solutions, yet there is always some jerk trying to get publicity off of misfortune. I love how he tries to point out how they are not elected officials and then continues to make an argument sounding like a solution-less politician. Blame game time.
    i don't know enough about the situation to fix anything, but he seemed to be saying "your system sucks, it's failed, time to move on"

he suggested removing them all from power and trying something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    He was basically stating that Germany should not be allowed to become too powerfull, since they're still all Nazis striving to take over Europe. This surely is the type of accusations that aren't gonna help anyone.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    A fucking retarded one yeah.
    Italy and Greece both failed in their infrastructure which was the main cause of whatever is going on now.
    In order for that to change they need A) Money, which they are getting if they B) Change stuff to a way it works.
    Its that simple.
    And then some British loud-mouth can think whatever the bloody hell he likes but without the financial support its game over, bye bye countries. And that will tremor to pretty much the entirety of southern Europe, Spain would fall, Portugal while actually growing to a healthier state atm would plummet to the ground and many others, including Britain for that matter, would suffer a massive setback. No countries, no export to said countries. No profit from those countries.

So go ahead, make a big statement about it being the Germans that are taking a major part of the burden, you sure as hell aren't doing it. Stupid vid of an even worse leader.

Definition of cheap politics. Every muppet can point fingers and blame. When you want solutions everybody hides though.

I am greek btw we blew it up we ll suck it up. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if blacks can still complain about their ancestors being slaves over 100 years ago, euros can complain about germans wanting to commit genocide and take over the world 70 years ago

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 11:48 AM ----------

i don't know enough about the situation to fix anything, but he seemed to be saying "your system sucks, it's failed, time to move on"

Going back to the old currency isn't even feasible at this point, only idiots claim that such a thing could happen.
    It might not be in a strong state now, going backwards would make it only worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    He was basically stating that Germany should not be allowed to become too powerfull, since they're still all Nazis striving to take over Europe. This surely is the type of accusations that aren't gonna help anyone.
    well, he's saying what most people would agree to in a different situation. if bill is promoted to manager and fucks everything up until he's fired, you'd not be eager to make bill manager again.

there is no reason to give germany more power. not only did they completely fuck up the world last time they were clearly a dominant nation, it just isn't what this world is about now. it's about equality (real or perceived)

Deleted
    Both Italy and more so Greece have been funded by EU since they came along. Now they need more money from us and it sure gives us a say what we want them to spend it at. Like we want them to work on being self sufficient in some way and not so we have to pay for their failures.

Deleted
    This guy is full of shit. While it's true that Germany (along with France) kinda dictates what's going to happen, they do so according to wishes of most EU countries. Countries that are trying to help Greece (and Italy and Spain). Countries that actually aren't miserable failures.

My best guess is that most people in this thread don't even have some Macroeconomics 101 class, let alone something greater so why don't you just not comment at all...

And trust me, I am not the biggest fan of Germany considering what they've done to us over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

I will admit I don't know the full transaction, but all I heard in that spew was personal and cumulative attacks. You don't find a solution faster by fighting with the very people who you need to help solve it. You in fact purposely slow down the process by doing that. If he wants to be part of the solution, he would do well to represent a well thought out solution of his own or why the current direction, in a respectable manner, won't work.

He failed to do any of that, so I come to a conclusion that he is likely a media hog or an overcooked ham.