Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I was watching a new swtor video and I saw a sentinel using a different colored lightsaber in each hand, so guess you don't have to have 2 of the same color.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    So I was watching a new swtor video and I saw a sentinel using a different colored lightsaber in each hand, so guess you don't have to have 2 of the same color.
    That's correct - Artificers can create color crystals, so although light sabers you find tend to start with the same color crystals (ie Imperials typically find Red light sabers), you can change out the crystal on all of them if you have one (made one, traded it, bought it, etc).

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They also JUST added restrictions on colors. If you are "Dark 1" you cannot use blue or green sabre crystals, and if you are "light 1" you cannot use red crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How about being able to tri-wield lightsabers with the force like the last boss in KOTOR2
    No, you put the third one into your mouth and weild it sideways
    http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/8/80/Zoro2.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    Welcome to Corneria!
    I like swords!

Actually, seeing different combinations of colors and hilts is enough for me. Are there options to customize the saber like in KOTOR? If so, can all weapons be modified like that?

What I'd like to see are more unique stances. In I, Jedi, there's a character that holds his saber in his left hand, blade pointing downward, and controls the thing with his right hand on the pommel. The motions of the blade go in somewhat of a triangle pattern. Now that's unique.

Deleted
    I find it pretty annoying that theres only green blue red black with yellow (preorder one) orange purple and white colors in the game atm, surly it cant only be the hilt that u barrely see thats the only thing that differs regular lightsabers and raiding ones :/

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    I find it pretty annoying that theres only green blue red black with yellow (preorder one) orange purple and white colors in the game atm, surly it cant only be the hilt that u barrely see thats the only thing that differs regular lightsabers and raiding ones :/
    Why not let your skills speak for you instead of your weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Lightclub

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightclub
    Essentially the opposite of the shoto, lightclubs were massively oversized lightsabers that projected overlong blades. They were almost universally wielded by individuals of overlarge stature to accommodate their size. An example of such a being is the mutated Gamorrean Dark Jedi; Gorc.

Githany wielding her lightwhip.
    Lightwhip

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightwhip
    Lightwhips were exotic variations on the typical lightsaber that saw only rare usage. Like a lightsaber, it emitted a coherent beam of energy, but instead of a straight meter-long blade, it was several meters in length and flexible. Most lightwhips were produced by emitters extended from the hilt. The energy field was then created around the solid emitters. Wielded in a whip-like manner, they were used to attack opponents at a range and provide an element of unpredictability in combat. However, they were significantly weaker than standard lightsabers, and their blades were ineffective defensively. Lightwhip wielders include Githany, Lumiya, Silri.

Lightfoil

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightfoil
    Lightfoils were small and elegant energy swords based upon lightsabers. They were popular among certain nobles of the Tapani sector, especially those that called themselves "saber rakes". Lightfoils were weaker than authentic lightsabers due to the poor quality focusing crystals used in their manufacture and the relatively low level of craftsmanship compared to Jedi artisans. They did not require any connection to the Force to create, and were fully usable by non-Force sensitives.

Underwater

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse
    While most lightsabers shorted out when the blade touches water, this blade was made to operate underwater due to two crystals employed in a bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse.[2] Generally only Jedi from aquatic races would go to the trouble of constructing a waterproof saber, as only they had the mobility to use it effectively underwater. However, there were several other non-aquatic lightsaber-wielders who modified their weapons, so they were functional underwater.

The darksaber.
    Darksaber

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Darksaber (lightsaber)
    This ancient lightsaber had a unique black blade that was flattened and came to a point like a traditional sword, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers.

------

I think he meant things like this.
    The only thing is, shit like lightwhips didn't make an appearance until well after the movies, and considering TOR takes place about 3k+ years before, you're not going to see that kind of tech since (theoretically) tech should be less advanced. Lightfoils technically don't even really count I'd think, and if they did why would you want basically a thinner, weak lightsaber...obviously there's no swimming at all in the game, so underwater ones are pointless.

Onto the other random ideals I've seen, light axes/hammers are just a plain bad (and redundant) ideal, wrist mounted ones I would think would likely lead to you eventually severing your hand, linked ones are...well, sword-chucks are all I have to say on that matter, and canes just have a very elongated handle, which serves no real purpose; if anything, it'd probably make it like a polearm/spear, in which someone just cuts off the end that emits the plasma and you get to be screwed.

Of those, the only the light club and darksabers I can see being around TOR, though those just sound like an aesthetic difference really; light clubs are just oversized (as you can modify the lightsaber in novels to extend or retract the length of the beam, or even weaken it for like training purposes), while darksabers just sound more pointy (which is pointless seeing how lightsabers cut through almost anything).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Why not let your skills speak for you instead of your weapon?
    Probably due to the age old battle of skill vs gear and gear always winning said battle. Also you have to remember for some people this is the second, third, fourth, fifth, maybe sixth MMO they're playing and with that comes several years of standing out in a crowd based off of your appearance.

I'm sure we've all experienced that awe and envy over another player at some point in time in a game. The character that looks bad ass due to that nifty weapon they got off of raid boss X. For me personally it was my first time seeing Zin'Rokh Destroyer of Worlds on an undead warrior back in vanilla WoW.

The best identifier you'll see for rarity of specialty in terms of lightsabers is going to be saber color. We know that there are lots and lots of different color crystals in the game via confirmation from Patch notes and developers but few of us testers have ever found them. They are high level and very rare.

There has been suggestion that some might have different "effects" like the different color crystals in The Force Unleashed series where the blades pulsate and flicker. We don't know for sure though.