Copy few more banned topics from official forums

I suggest you add few more banned topics that are instantly locked or deleted from the official forums, to be exact all of those "I quit" threads and "I posted this in official forum and was banned, what do you think about it" threads.

Both are totally non-constructive, very prone to flamefests. And the case of "I got banned so I'm posting it here" is a form of ban circumventing and moving the problem from official forums to here, which is not something that this site should promote or tolerate. If you allow it, this forum just turns into a trashcan of rejects that were banned from other forums, often for a good reason.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Nah, I disagree.

Firstly, the reason a huge number of people even use MMO-C is because they were banned from the official forums. It would make no sense to turn them away. Secondly, lots of people are currently leaving WoW and it's good to get insight into why they are leaving. If the post is merely "Bye, I quit" then it should be closed but if it details the problems the poster has with the game, then it's fine. In a nutshell; the rules are fine as they are.

If they're non-constructive, they're locked anyway. A lot are (probably something like 90%), but some aren't, and that's why no blanket rule is going to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Firstly, the reason a huge number of people even use MMO-C is because they were banned from the official forums. It would make no sense to turn them away.
    I didn't say ban those people, but lock the topics that are simple reposts of locked/banned topics in the official forum. Original post was locked for a good reason in most cases, and it will do no good continuing it here circumventing the original ban.

Secondly, lots of people are currently leaving WoW and it's good to get insight into why they are leaving.
    Not you, not me and not anybody else reading this forum needs the so-called 'insight' of why somebody else quit. It's a personal decision made from personal reasons, and Blizzard is the only possible party who would benefit from it if it's more than just QQ of the month.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I didn't say ban those people, but lock the topics that are simple reposts of locked/banned topics in the official forum. Original post was locked for a good reason in most cases, and it will do no good continuing it here circumventing the original ban.
    Once again, not true. Blizzard is a business and as such they will close controversial threads that may hurt their image. Many valid topics on the official forums are closed for no reason at all. I think it's good that this forum affords people an alternative avenue to discuss these issues with other members of the community.

Not you, not me and not anybody else reading this forum needs the so-called 'insight' of why somebody else quit. It's a personal decision made from personal reasons, and Blizzard is the only possible party who would benefit from it if it's more than just QQ of the month.
    This statement is void of logic. Half of the posts on this forum are meaningless in the grander scheme of things. That still doesn't mean they aren't valid discussion topics. We have threads about iPhones that are not read by Apple, we have threads about Afghanistan that are not read by the Taliban and we have threads about WoW that are not read by Blizzard.....

Stop trying to find an excuse to censor people.

This statement is void of logic.
    Explain to me by what logic anybody else besides blizzard and you benefit from knowing the reason why you want to start or stop playing WoW? Or are you unable to make decisions by yourself and need to follow the latest fashion?

Give it a try at least, I want to see how deep hole you can dig for yourself when trying to logic that out.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Explain to me by what logic anybody else besides blizzard and you benefit from knowing the reason why you want to start or stop playing WoW? Or are you unable to make decisions by yourself and need to follow the latest fashion?

Give it a try at least, I want to see how deep hole you can dig for yourself when trying to logic that out.
    I'll do that right after you find any other post about WoW that contains any profound level of intrinsic value and meaning.

"What class will your Pandaren be in MoP?" is obviously soooo much more informative than an "I quit WoW because xxx!" thread.
    /sarcasm

They might as well ban every topic besides theorycrafting/guides and just close the forums since no threads offer as you say any "benefit" to non-developers. The only one digging a hole here is you. Just stop.....

Well everyone should have their chance here.
    Some topics, like, I HAVE A VALID POINT ON WHY I'M QUITTING, that get locked, locked on new versions, then locked agian, that come here should be killed outrite.
    But dumb shit that they lock, like, Help i'm depressed, should be given some freedom here.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 10:14 PM ----------

Because it's to stir up drama and people love drama. The benifit is drama, aka entertainment.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

What does the OP even want. More censoring...less censoring? I have yet to see a truly constructive "I quit" thread...ever. Not to say it's 100% worthless...but pretty close. Every "I quit" thread is filled with either rampant QQ, or raging about already known and accepted problems that have either no solution or a controversial one.

Furthermore, you can debate whether these forums are constructive or not(or the official ones for that matter). To me it seems more like a shot a dark on Blizzard's behalf. I imagine a BLUE perusing the forums finds only a handful of semi-interesting threads on a daily basis.

I would find that job annoying to say the least. A lot of the QQ from players is about known issues....a lot of their QQ is simply because they don't know you posted about this 2 years ago, or there's a thread on the forums you never found. Finally, most players just cannot comprehend the gravity of some problems and vastly underestimate their importance or impact.

Designing a game like WoW and then using the official forums would drive me to censor a lot of posts too. First, because it's fair game due to the Terms of Service. Secondly, because most BLUEs fully understand the futility in some cases and have seen a similar discussion turn badly all too often in the past. Third would be because a fix is otw...no point in discussing how it's currently broken eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's a constructive thread, like "I've now quit because I really can't stand these particular things and I think they might be able to be fixed in the future"... that's potentially a good thread for discussion.

If it's a non-constructive thread, like "I QUIT HAHAHA YOU SUCK", report it and it will be closed.

We don't like to have a ton of blanket rules banning various things which could potentially be decent when done correctly when a simple "don't post pointless / non-constructive threads" suffices.

If you see the bad kind of thread, report and move on without replying to bump it further.