Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    thanks

wow I'm really having a hard time deciding which professions to get for my sorceror
    bio/bio/dip
    syn/arch/under
    art/arch/treas

those look all very nice
    Can't you just take slicing and then get a mission skill once you get multiple extra companions?

Deleted
    Is slicing like lockpicking in some RPGs: there are containers that are locked in the world and your character can manually unlock them if he/she has the slicing skill? Because in those games, it can be frustrating to have to pass on those containers due to a lack of skill. (Although no different from having to pass on a mining or herb node, or a skinnable corpse in WoW, I guess).

Are the Lightside/darkside points from diplomacy only? I thought I read something about other mission skills giving them. Are the points valuable? I suspect playing a consistent light (or dark) character, you could max them out by other means and the benefits anyway may not be so big (mainly a flavour thing?).

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Is slicing like lockpicking in some RPGs: there are containers that are locked in the world and your character can manually unlock them if he/she has the slicing skill? Because in those games, it can be frustrating to have to pass on those containers due to a lack of skill. (Although no different from having to pass on a mining or herb node, or a skinnable corpse in WoW, I guess).

Are the Lightside/darkside points from diplomacy only? I thought I read something about other mission skills giving them. Are the points valuable? I suspect playing a consistent light (or dark) character, you could max them out by other means and the benefits anyway may not be so big (mainly a flavour thing?).
    --Yes, slicing is similar to lockpicking. In addition to world nodes, you can send your companion out to gather boxes--for a price. Zones generally contain a certain level of boxes & if you find you're not high enough you can consider sending your companion out to level it up.

--Currently the only light/dark points I've seen are from diplomacy. The points per mission are in the 5-15 range (nothing MAJOR). To compare, quests that give light or dark points generally give like 40 or 100.