Is this deal too good to be true?

Can't build this comp for less don't know what to think if i should build/buy i know Cyberpower is risky but i plan on checking it making sure every things good and possibly even take it to a shop to double check.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229284
    $690 i5 2500k 8gb Radeon 6670

If anyone has tips and/or suggestions regards to this let me know. If you could build this for less please post has to have a OS though but it can be 4GB.I know the GPU on it isnt that good but i'm only playing WoW and a 6670 can easily Ultra it

A 2500K with an H61 chipset motherboard is pretty useless to be honest. No overclocking capabilities on an unlocked processor really makes no sense. That's part of the cost savings.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Computer uses an Intel H61 motherboard so you won't be able to overclock with that i5 2500K without purchasing a P67/Z68 motherboard.

I don't plan on overclocking. Does everything else look ok though?

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I don't plan on overclocking. Does everything else look ok though?
    You should use a processor without a K at the end if you will not be overclocking.

Quote Originally Posted by criminy View Post
    You should use a processor without a K at the end if you will not be overclocking.
    I can't really find any other computers without it seriously its not a big deal its like a 10 dollar difference lol

Can't build this comp for less don't know what to think if i should build/buy i know Cyberpower is risky but i plan on checking it making sure every things good and possibly even take it to a shop to double check.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229284
    $690 i5 2500k 8gb Radeon 6670

If anyone has tips and/or suggestions regards to this let me know. If you could build this for less please post has to have a OS though but it can be 4GB.I know the GPU on it isnt that good but i'm only playing WoW and a 6670 can easily Ultra it
    That GPU is pretty weak. You're not "ultraing" anything in raid / bgs / cities unless you're running in 1366x768. I'd also be wary of the PSU included with it, especially if you end up putting in a more demanding card.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Tell ya what. You buy that PC and we will swap Straight up for Processors. Ill send u a I5-2500 and you send me the 2500k that is in that PC. At least that CPU will get some use then.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    That GPU is pretty weak. You're not "ultraing" anything in raid / bgs / cities unless you're running in 1366x768. I'd also be wary of the PSU included with it, especially if you end up putting in a more demanding card.
    My friend runs 6670 and he runs on Ultra in 25 man raids. Yeah probably will put a 6870 in it if its that bad so i think 600w can handle it but honestly i think 6670 is really good for WoW i actually know someone that streams with a 5750 on really good settings so i'm not worried too much about the card, just more about if its a solid deal or not.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friend runs 6670 and he runs on Ultra in 25 man raids.
    Unless he's running an abysmally low resolution like the proposed 1366x768, no.

And he's likely got a 6970, not a 6670. Trust us, a 6670 is damned weak, and an H61 motherboard is such a stripped down Sandybridge it is *sad*... it is most definitely *NOT* a gamer-oriented motherboard chipset. No SATA III support, no OC'ing support, very little bandwidth availability, I think it doesn't have USB3 support, might be wrong....

See where I'm going? It's crummy.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

My friend runs 6670 and he runs on Ultra in 25 man raids. Yeah probably will put a 6870 in it if its that bad so i think 600w can handle it but honestly i think 6670 is really good for WoW i actually know someone that streams with a 5750 on really good settings so i'm not worried too much about the card, just more about if its a solid deal or not.
    Read the post above this one. :P

Also, it's not that you should be worried about 600w, it's that you should be worried about a 600w PSU in such a cheap build. It's probably one of the cheapos you see on newegg/tigerdirect/whatever that have 2/5 ratings with people blowing out their boards and components.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

And he's likely got a 6970, not a 6670. Trust us, a 6670 is damned weak, and an H61 motherboard is such a stripped down Sandybridge it is *sad*... it is most definitely *NOT* a gamer-oriented motherboard chipset. No SATA III support, no OC'ing support, very little bandwidth availability, I think it doesn't have USB3 support, might be wrong....

Bad for the price? I honestly been trying to build a i5 2500k with a 6870 with OS and i keep going over 900$ with a 700-800 budget really don't know what to do because OS is always fucking me up so i just said w/e and thinking about buying a pre-built.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Bandwidth on H61s shouldn't be an issue since you couldn't fit 2 GPUs on one anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 06:39 AM ----------

Bad for the price? I honestly been trying to build a i5 2500k with a 6870 with OS and i keep going over 900$ with a 700-800 budget really don't know what to do because OS is always fucking me up so i just said w/e and thinking about buying a pre-built.
    Here, $736 bucks. Strongly recommend using an existing HDD due to the current prices from flooding in Thailand. Case even has a notebook to 3.5 adapter. If not, this build still leaves you with a $65~ budget for a drive.

NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $50
    PowerColor AX6870 1GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6870 $160
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W $67 - put in the recommended promo code
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB $25
    BIOSTAR TZ68A+ LGA 1155 Intel Z68 $110
    Intel Core i5-2500K $224
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit $99
    Last edited by glo; 2011-11-19 at 06:44 AM.

build pics

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^Even includes Windows!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    He is not going to overclock so maybe changing the CPU to an i5 2300 would suit him just fine and add $30 to his HDD budget and even drop the GPU down to an HD 6770 with a nice 450w psu like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817207018 that will all keep him under budget and will still be more than enough for WoW.

Added bonus of keeping the z86 motherboard is he has a nice upgrade path for the future and if he wishes can get an unlocked CPU to overclock next time round.