Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Balance] getting peeved about dark intent, need some help/comments

ok so our raid leader is a spriest with the legendary and he takes dark intent no exceptions because he feels it's better for him in any case, now i'm trying to prove him wrong and i need to know first what you guys think about this:

ok so i am a boomkin who is past the haste breakpoint if i am given dark intent. now our spriest is running at 2474 haste rating and can pick up 230 haste with ease.Now knowing that the spriest haste breakpoint is 2679 would it be more beneficial for the raid dps for him to take a loss of 230 mastery in order for him to reach the haste platue and give me dark intent.

please help in anyway you can his armory link is below.

here is where i see he can pick up an extra 230 haste by taking the heroic neck off of majordomo which would be +110 haste and then reforge his legs from crit to spirit to crit to haste which would be +120, this would put him at 2704 haste which is well past the spriest haste platue. now he says he is all for increasing the raids dps and i tried to point this out to him but he rejects the idea and then punishes me by not giving me gear.... so finally would the loss of 230 mastery from a spriest to reach a haste platue and give me "the boomy" dark intent be a bigger raid dps increase? i also found that he is losing mastery from the fact he would have to reforge mastery into spirit on a peice of gear to reach hit cap and mastery would be his only choice to lose.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mythiix; 2011-11-19 at 11:40 PM.

The difference would be miniscule for increased raid dps. It boils down to a matter of personal DPS from this point on... especially if you both play at the same level of skill.

the thing is, since he has the legendary staff and probably much better gear, the bonus haste will benefit him more pretty much no matter what. I mean it might give you a large % dmg boost than him, but when it comes to overall damage it probably benefits him more pretty much from the fact that every stat increases exponentially in value with other stats like int. I haven't looked at the gear but since you said he has legendary staff I can imagine that it would benefit him more.

Plus he's raid lead, it may not be in your best interest to prove him wrong :P (I'm kidding, if your raid leader is like that then I would leave your guild)
    Plus I read that shadow priests are the best target for DI. I can't remember the reasons but if it goes beyond the haste then that may be another point in his favor.

Its better for a shadowpriest. no exceptions. ever.
    This is proven

even if he can reach the haste platue without dark intent by sacraficing a little mastery when a boomkin can't?

Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    even if he can reach the haste platue without dark intent by sacraficing a little mastery when a boomkin can't?
    Yes.

10 characters.

I'd say it goes to the spriest, but I'm biased

Have you tried running SimCraft to compare the increases?

I would personally flip a thousand shits if a Moonkin demanded that he get DI over my spriest.

But I tend to play my lock more than my spriest, so I control the buff.

This is why I don't like Dark Intent. Any/all DoT classes adore the buff, but it's so exclusive, that they all can't get it, so someone loses out. If I had to choose between a Spriest and a Moonkin, though, it would be the Spriest. Every time. They simply give/get too much of a benefit to the lock to consider using anything else.

Sorry if you don't like being the second choice, but that's just how things are.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

and about skill level where would you put a 388 average ilvl spriest who is given di and legendary when he is pulling 33-34k?
    i mean i didn't do so great this week but on most of the boss kills usually i am right next to him and on single target fights as this week on all the annoying wipes on heroic baleroc for the most part i was pulling 34k on him except on the kill where i got screwed by having to pop out heal myself and the multiple linking stuff that was always given to me.
    If thats true and he got the legendary staff over you then I'd say that your raid has problems rooted deeper than who is getting DIl

i may be wrong it just seems that it is the benefit the 230 mastery would have on him using the legendary staff vs me having di and seeing a 2k dps increase

I've just run a very quick and dirty SimCraft and the benefit appears to be almost identical.

Personally, I wouldn't get so upset about it, if you're not top of DPS meters, who cares?

it just bothered me that he closed down the recruitment of warlocks completely to us when we only have 1 warlock and dark intent is given to him.
    just seemed kind of greedy in my opion cause warlocks are quite good this tier am i wrong? esp. with them having dark intent to give out.
    Warlocks are always a nice asset to a raid, for numerous reasons. Is this 10 or 25? Because if it's 10, I could understand him closing Warlock recruitment. If it's 25, ask him about it. I'm sure it's nothing personal, but don't do it in a bad way, ask him nicely.

I do not condone you inciting Guild drama!
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Warlocks are always a nice asset to a raid, for numerous reasons. Is this 10 or 25? Because if it's 10, I could understand him closing Warlock recruitment. If it's 25, ask him about it. I'm sure it's nothing personal, but don't do it in a bad way, ask him nicely.

I do not condone you inciting Guild drama!
    25 man sry didnt mean for it to be a dramatic post and i did question his action of closing it down but he just responds badly cause he gets offended when i ask.

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    If thats true and he got the legendary staff over you then I'd say that your raid has problems rooted deeper than who is getting DIl
    I think this combined with what you just said he did says a lot about what's going on here. There's nothing you can do. You'll probably get gkicked soon if you keep bugging him about it. I don't know if you consider him a friend or not, but your raid group sounds primed to explode soon with someone like him getting such an important item.

i always get my DI so screw the SPs as i have always done more dps even before legendery. The DI should go on the player who gets max use out of it and which is doing max dps out of thier class.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

here is where i see he can pick up an extra 230 haste by taking the heroic neck off of majordomo which would be +110 haste and then reforge his legs from crit to spirit to crit to haste which would be +120, this would put him at 2704 haste which is well past the spriest haste platue. now he says he is all for increasing the raids dps and i tried to point this out to him but he rejects the idea and then punishes me by not giving me gear....
    Stopped right there. Forget the maths, if your raid leader gets that mad for getting constructive criticism, and does something as childish as this, it's time to find another guild.

From my understanding Spriest > boomkin
    All your saying is make him reforge a little so you dont have to. And with a legendary staff, it would probably be an even bigger increase for him.
    But yeah more locks being closed off just sounds like a dps whore of a guild master (Or loot whore).

(Not because I play spriest, mains ele sham alts a boomy)

Legendary > Haste Plateau > Usual tiering list.

I've done a decent amount of sims with DI, and the difference between spriest and boomkin is incredibly small, and I just give it to whoever I feel the better player is or whoever isn't being a whining nancy about getting it.

Although next patch I'll be interested to see if fire mage takes precedence over spriest/boomkin.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

if they are equally geared it usually is better for moonkin actually. People fail to realize that Simcraft isnt an accurate depiction of Moonkin dps with how haste and dots are effected, nor do they realize every single shadow priest dot was nerfed after that post was made. Add to that most fights involve moonkins dot-cleaving these days it really is a no brainer.

But since he has the staff and you do not than in most every situation it will actually be better for him than you, sorry to say it

EDIT: Also whoever is a better player should go into account