Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sith Warrior Juggernaut

Ok, so now that the NDA has been lifted can anyone tell me how they like Juggernaut as DPS? I would like to know because the two things I like to do in WoW is tanking and melee damage. This class seems to have both but if the DPS is poor and not very fun I just might have to figure something else out. Please help me out!

ps. I haven't played beta so I have no experience in the game... yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindgame2552 View Post
    Ok, so now that the NDA has been lifted can anyone tell me how they like Juggernaut as DPS? I would like to know because the two things I like to do in WoW is tanking and melee damage. This class seems to have both but if the DPS is poor and not very fun I just might have to figure something else out. Please help me out!

ps. I haven't played beta so I have no experience in the game... yet
    I was in the last beta weekend and while I only got my JK guardian (same as the Juggy, just didn't want to ruin the story for launch :P) up to level 21ish I found it to be perfectly capable of doing as much dps as I needed in any quests etc. Hell seemed like I was doing the most damage in the couple flashpoints I did. However I can't give concrete numbers and i was still low level. So perhaps a full time tester could let us both know eh?

Just to clarify I was specced the dps spec of Guardian.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

well that didn't help at all..

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    The jugg was a bit lackluster compared to the marauder DPS wise. Of course, the jugg can tank...

well that didn't help at all..
    Well if that response didn't help you, nothing probably will...seriously, consider:

-It's still in Beta
    -There are no damage logs or combat logs or parsers (thank god)

So really, if you're looking for some concrete answer, you're not likely going to get one. To me, when I did the beta weekend as a JK/Guardian in dps spec, I also felt perfectly fine soloing mobs, could kill stuff adequately in pvp, and was fine holding my own in flashpoints. If you go to the rumor log, other specs "appear" to be doing better, but really besides that, I don't know what sort of answer you really are expecting, as what, the only other options are Jedi Assassin and a spec of BH/Trooper right?

Zachyveng's answer was helpful. I was referring to the off-topic post that got deleted. I'm not really looking for numbers since there are none really. Just some personal opinions.

I was a Juggernaut too, and my companion was doing more dps then I was. But I did enjoy him playing him. Deflecting blaster shots, parrying, etc are just fun to watch. I've heard that it's only going to be a 5% dps difference between jugg and marauder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I was a Juggernaut too, and my companion was doing more dps then I was. But I did enjoy him playing him. Deflecting blaster shots, parrying, etc are just fun to watch. I've heard that it's only going to be a 5% dps difference between jugg and marauder though.
    I think the 5% myth is from the old WoW hybrid tax thing. I really doubt anyone can tell 5% damage difference between classes without any kind of dmg meter.

You've heard completely wrong, or actually, you've heard it wrong but that was for another game so... :>

Deleted
    Lets be honest here guys, from release there are going to be many buffs/nerfs over the coming months in regards to class balance so, judging the "DPS" from one class compared to another at this early stage probably doesn't mean a lot in the long haul (considering you are going to use this class as your main). In time things will balance and I don't think there will be too much difference damage wise between them, obviously the gameplay and aspect of 1vs2 light sabres should determine your class rather than who hits harder. - Oh and who can tank

Zachyveng's answer was helpful. I was referring to the off-topic post that got deleted. I'm not really looking for numbers since there are none really. Just some personal opinions.
    My bad then, gotta hate it when mods do that...

But yeah, still your only other 2 AC options for tank/dps are Sith Assassin/whatever Jedi version is and BH/Trooper. I've heard ranged tanks are generally more preferable than melee, but it depends on if you like ranged dps as well (though to be fair, from my brief experience I thought BH kinda played like a ranged/melee hybrid with the rocket punching and all). I honestly didn't care for Sith Assassin (dps spec anyways) since it felt like I was always waiting on force to regenerate, whereas with SW, you make your own force...points I guess? to use for moves, which is a bit more involving I thought instead of spamming basic slash while waiting on a regen item.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    You've heard completely wrong, or actually, you've heard it wrong but that was for another game so... :>
    The person I heard it from was referring to swtor. just some random guy in a chatroom though.

Deleted
    Uh...people saying Sith Juggernaut is lacking dps is....mad.

I've a Lightsided Sith Juggernaut at level 25.

There is no way I'm lacking dps. I'm doing so much more dps than Vette and I can handle elites easily if played right.

I love the force choke since the enemy can't attack you while you're force choking him. A good saver from damage and it does A LOT of damage.

The down part with Sith Juggernaut is that it doesn't have a strong AOE spell (at lvl 25 at least). But your single DPS damage is indeed good and enjoyable.

I also wanna note that I've some points in the tanking build, some points in the shared tree, and some points in the DPS tree. All because the talents are very useful in all 3 trees.

Also, my ship rocks

Probably because your a much higher level then people tested it at. I was only level 19, and Vette was doing a whole lot more dps then I was.

Deleted
    Probably because your a much higher level then people tested it at. I was only level 19, and Vette was doing a whole lot more dps then I was.
    Then you're doing it wrong.

Since I got Vette I've never discovered that she was doing more damage than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong.

Since I got Vette I've never discovered that she was doing more damage than me.
    Not much to do wrong when your a tank with 5 skills. Don't insult me.

Deleted
    This thread is going well guys, lets not get it into a I CAN DPS MOAR THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO DPS METERZ TO TELL OMG thread please

And this is really good information coming across, I was torn between Jugg/Mara (Guardian/Senti) but was more leaning at the Jugg/Guard for the tanking capabilities, and this information is supporting my choice even more

The only real difference I've noticed is that Marauder seems to feel quicker, like a fury warrior, while Juggernaut seems to feel like you're hitting them with a semi, like an arms warrior (kinda...)

The juggernaut seems to have more oomph behind his swings.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Vengeance tree, Juggernauts (and Guardians) get access to the Shien form, which refunds Rage when you use an attack, and generates rage when you get hit. Plus you get a talent that grants you rage points when you get CC'd. The tree finishes off with some nasty Lightsaber strikes that do some pretty good damage.

I'm rolling that tree for Melee DPS.

I'm looking forward to seeing a skilled Jedi and Sith go at it in duels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much to do wrong when your a tank with 5 skills. Don't insult me.
    they are asking about the non tank jug spec, so thats probably why you are on the low end of damage, if tanks did as much damage as dps no one would play dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.