Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Not much to do wrong when your a tank with 5 skills. Don't insult me.
    I'm saying that if I can play a tanking/dps specced Juggernaut then everyone else can because I'm just a mediocre player. Not hard finding out a good rotation and hitting your keybinds.

If you find "you're doing it wrong" an insult, you need to relax.

I decided a long time ago that I'd be maining a single saber DPS Sith Warrior, so trust me, I have a beard, single saber DPS will be awesome.

So the Sith Jugger from what I understand is more single target for tanking. Or can you spec in the way to be more of a group controlling tank? Also does anyone know how the other tank classes play out?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMun View Post
    So the Sith Jugger from what I understand is more single target for tanking. Or can you spec in the way to be more of a group controlling tank? Also does anyone know how the other tank classes play out?
    From the information I've gathered on abilities and talents, all tanks have a reasonable amount of AoE (read, close to the same number of abilities, maybe off by 1-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I'm saying that if I can play a tanking/dps specced Juggernaut then everyone else can because I'm just a mediocre player. Not hard finding out a good rotation and hitting your keybinds.

If you find "you're doing it wrong" an insult, you need to relax.
    When you say "you're doing it wrong" I take it as you saying "I'm better then you, and you're retarded and don't know how to play your class". I was level 19, I had Ravage, Sunder, Force Scream, some proc skill on parrys that I forget the name of, and assault(first skill you use). I can see how later on you are able to pull of better dps, when you get force choke and all that, but at 19 I wasn't able to. But with no recount or anything, it's impossible to know how much dps I was actually doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    The jugg was a bit lackluster compared to the marauder DPS wise. Of course, the jugg can tank...
    Yeah you didn't play beta did you?

Marauder hit like a wet noodle.

At low levels Vette does more damage, at least it feels like it, but by the time you get to 20ish, it's fine.

This game (thank god) isn't really about the numbers, I always thought that was what was crap about WoW.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Probably because your a much higher level then people tested it at. I was only level 19, and Vette was doing a whole lot more dps then I was.
    I had the same problem with Vette taking aggro til about 14-15, then I started using the threat aura. The first aura (lightsaber form?) didn't seem to do anything. Some of it is definitely getting the hang of it without having any tank skills to speak of until 14.

Also if there's a huge difference in your weapons, that won't help either. I always found better guns for Vette than Lightsabers for my Jug.

I played a Jedi Knight Guardian (DPS) from Level 1 to Level 35-ish three builds ago. My experiences:

-I was hardy. I could hang onto a lot of mobs or enemy players well and cut through them easily enough.

-Damage output in PvP was a tad lackluster. Balancing melee and ranged is an ongoing battle for all MMO developers and melee damage was all around low back then although its been buffed since.

-Easy to position. Force Leap or whatever they called it is an incredible ability and one of our most powerful is used intelligently. We make for excellent ball carriers in Huttball due to our ability to leap through Fire Traps, over Acid Pools, and leap onto other platforms. All this assumes an enemy is in place where you need them to be. Sometimes some enemies are particularly stupid and try to defend their Goal Zone inside of it, allowing you to leap to them and score. Using Force Push we could actually take great advantage of Force Leap, allowing us to drive the battle where we want it. Push + Leap = now fighting in a safer (or more dangerous) spot.

-Challenging priority rotation, but fun. Massive pool of good abilities and applicable debuffs that you must watch like a hawk.

-Versatile. Changing between Lightsaber Forms was the difference between soloing that elite or taking a dirt nap. Jumping between Offensive and Defensive forms in PvP allows keeps your enemy guessing and opens up a ton of new possibilities for you, especially if it's a team battle.

-In my humble opinion, has two of the best companion characters in the game. T7 and Kira are amazingly well written, well acted, and well spirited.

-The combat was fun enough that I've decided to switch my main from Consular to Knight (well, Sith Warrior since my friends are making me roll Empire). I intend to roll Juggernaut Vengeance.