Thread: Beginner Tips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post
    As of two betas ago, I would have recommended PVP at low level for some insane gear. As of last weekend, all PVP gear was level 50.

Does anyone know how current build is treating PVP rewards?
    When I played last weekend (not sure if there was a new build or not) all the PVP gear came from the boxes you could buy from the PVP vendor. It would grant a random PVP item, and the boxes were made for certain level, such as the 70 valor point item got the level 20ish gear, and the 150 valor box got the level 30 gear, etc. Again, that could have chanced, but that's how it was last weekend.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    You're saying there isn't any PvP level brackets, then how are the battleground levels handled?
    I'll better explain that, I meant to. You que up and it picks 7 other players, and puts you in the BG, and then it finds the average level and brings everyone to that HP mark and will buff/nerf you base off that, and makes all damage equal etc.

Example, I was level 12 and had like 2k hp or something, and would normally hit for 200. When I went into the BG I had 12k hp and was doing normal hits for 1k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    You're saying there isn't any PvP level brackets, then how are the battleground levels handled?
    That wasn't an entirely correct statement.

There is brackets, 10-29, 30-39 etc which the game will try to match up. However if there is not enough people in a select bracket, instead of like WoW when you just sit in the queue for 4 hours until there is enough people. It matches people of any level and bolsters everyone's stats to around the highest level.

So you have the HP of a level 50 (lets say) and your abilities do the damage of a level 50, but you only have the skills that you have at your current level.

Thank you for clearing up, will reflect that.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 10:57 AM ----------

Btw if anyone else has any questions or additional feedback, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the tips!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering, how quickly does leveling go? I've heard it will be rather slow compared to other MMOs, but how far have people gone in previous beta test weekends?
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Just wondering, how quickly does leveling go? I've heard it will be rather slow compared to other MMOs, but how far have people gone in previous beta test weekends?
    Last weekend I got to 39 on my BH and that was playing A LOT. some people got 50 but I chose not to skip and dialogue. I'd expect the average gamer to get around maybe 25-27 if they play consistently through the weekend.

Come to think of it we all get till Monday this time, so maybe a few levels more.

Great guide.... this whole phasing thing is getting me worried.

I feel as though it kills the MMO experience, I hope it doesn't apply to the main city.

Is the grey Play button going to activate on itself if i was logged back when it was grey, or do I have to restart the launcher once 10 hits?
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

They "Play" button will be active when your allowed to play (so either Fri @10 CST or whenever the Saturday "wave" goes).

The phasing is just the beginning area, so it'll be okay after the first few levels.

As far as leveling goes, 1-50 is about 100-150 hours depending on if your power leveling or not.

np, glad it could be helpful!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome. Good on you to post this for new people. The biggest thing i can say is DO YOUR CLASS QUEST! 90% of your questions are answered there. ie; "When do i get a lightsabre?", or "When do i get my starship?" Also, most planets you should be closer to 9 or even 9 before your done. Grinding isn't really necessary, but killing a handful of extra mobs while running around is a good idea. Also, when you leave your starter world, there are two little quests on the space station, so if you're close to 10 do those.

hello great guide is there anyway to see where my mouse is at when im playing?

Avoid going to Tattooine before you are 25 and have 48k for the mount skill/purchase. It's really not suited for running. You will thank me.

Deleted
    I couldn't find an option to turn the chase cam off, I found if you are running and pan the camera so its facing in front of you then let go of the mouse button the camera would spin back behind you, or you would just run the other direction..

That was only gripe really, I want full camera control.

Deleted
    I want to add two very usefull video's I wish I'd seen before my beta weekend as a healer:

Focus target:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BujnS...7243500255E651

Healing frames:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip4hv8ca-aM