Thread: Torhead lives!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

And yeah, I feel bad for the competition. I'm so used to WoWhead that it'll be hard to convert.

Hope they add a Datacron section.

Very clean, attractive, easy to use, and familiar interface. I was just trying to get used to the other up-and-comming database sites when torhead comes out of nowhere to steal me back!

http://db.darthhater.com/
    http://r2-db.com/
    http://www.swtor-spy.com/

I'll still try to give these guys a fair shot, but they are now playing catch up

Awesome + love Wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    im happy and sad. happy cause wowhead rocked. But sad because i have a sneaky suspicion it was my need to know everything in wow that made me get bored of it. though maybe it was the 4 years of playing it. who knows. yey torhead
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

If torhead is as amazing as wowhead, then all the other databases can just give up now.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Sites like Torhead.com are indeed quite nice, such as when you are looking for specific gear upgrades, general quest information etc.

But what i'm more concerned about, is will there be (or is there already) a site like Wowpedia, but for TOR? Would really love to get detailed information on how crafting works, which professions work best with each other etc.
    This may help you: http://www.wikiswtor.com

10+ Year Old Account
    did the people behind wowhead bother with a rifthead, LOTRhead or any other heads?

could this be a sign? or are they just hyped up fanboys too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    did the people behind wowhead bother with a rifthead, LOTRhead or any other heads?

could this be a sign? or are they just hyped up fanboys too?
    Yeah they must have confidence that this game will succeed to put so much effort into a new site. If it works in a similar way to wowhead it will have to be the most common DB site used which is good for us but a shame for some of the other sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torhead is SO SLOW the DH one is much better at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Torhead has the individual class abilities. DH doesn't.

DH needs to fix that, asap.

Nice site! Torhead - Awesome name!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Only due to the huge influx of people visiting it now that NDA is dropped, trying to suss out gear/specs etc.

It also happened with the first week of WOTLK and CATA.

Just wait a few days and it will start loading faster, since -Database + Large amount of Users = Lag-

Great site though.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    I'm sorry for the "competition".

Deleted
    r2-db is much MUCH better.

Unfortunately, AT THIS MOMENT, DH beats out Torhead (My opinion). I am confident that in the end, I'll be using Torhead. Torhead talent calculator is EXTREMELY broken (Hi, I'm putting in 4 ranks and it gives me credit for 7 but doesn't unlock tier 2... but it'll unlock tier 2 on another skill tree with 3 ranks!). I have always loved WoWhead's "cleanliness", but for functionality right now, DH is slightly ahead (Once again, just my opinion).

Deleted
    Of course torhead.com, once it's out of beta, will be of the same quality as wowhead.com is known for.

Comparing it right now to other stuff makes no sense.