Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
    I was thinking the very same thing, everyone is going to be darkside and lightsaber wielding classes.
    Most of the polls are showing fairly even, and keep in mind, much like WoW, group composition will matter in actual end-game content. You can probably make a guild of nothing but Sith Inquisitors, and raid normals fine, since the Assassins can tank/melee and the Sorcerors can heal/ranged, but I doubt it will be as effective as a balanced guild.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    guys, it doesn't matter if SWTOR low level content is utterly shit and boring, as long as other games are utterly shit and boring at low level
    It's an optional, out of the way, "easter egg" type world boss. It doesn't need to be super awesome.

The flashpoint bosses are much better than this. The final boss of the Black Talon, the level 10 Sith instance., for instance, resets agro, teleports, and force pulls you towards her right before doing her AOE.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2011-11-19 at 10:54 PM.

These bosses are meant to teach new players how to form a group and interact with people early on. I really hope nobody is judging the game off one one video, because that would be entirely ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    This game is gonna make Wow look serious by comparison. It just looks silly enough that Im willing to bet Jar Jar Binks will be involved in many quests to "take som of the comedy out"....
    Well, considering SW:ToR takes place over 3500 years BEFORE Episode 1, I don't think there's a chance in hell that that abomination of a character would appear in ToR. Also, I wouldn't judge your opinion on one video of the beta test. I was on the fence about it until last weekend when I got a chance to try out the beta and I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I know it's beta and I know it's low content, but most 1-60 WoW content is almost 7 years old. I think it's fair to expect a bit more. Show me something from SW:TOR that will impress me, rather than saying it's supposed to be rubbish... GW2 has shown little but low level content as well, but that at least attempts to engage players and make them do things other that what appears to be standing around a glorified target dummy. SW has to compete with what WoW is now. Low level content is Gilneas and The Lost Isles. It's Deadmines. This seems to have ignored many years of progress, replacing it with excited squeaks of "OMG Light Sabres"...

Infract away if you don't want people bashing SW, but as far as I'm concerned a video like that has it coming.
    This over and over again. Buckwald did you play WoW when it was released? Does everyone forget all those elite quests we used to have...yes they were called Elite quests not group quests.....and you can't compare today's WoW with old WoW with SWTOR. Different times, experience, knowledge.

7 years have gone by and blizzard has made the game easier because they feel the need to cater to the 90% casuals that play the game, which sucks for the hardcores but is smart business wise.

So what I see or thought anyways from SWTOR was that it would be a next gen MMO with new highlights and NOT follow the same path WoW did. I don't see anything riveting about those bosses fights even though they are lvl 18 and 22. and the lightsabers everywhere made me mute the sound. I will be trying this game, don't get me wrong but why would you infract someone based on their opinions? Just because you can?

I'm sorry it just seems a little childish because I haven't read anything on this topic that seemed worthy of an infraction aside from you threatening to start throwing infractions out.

Oh and as for WoW world bosses, emerald dragons, azuregos and kazzak were much more engaging fights that had "some" important mechanic(s) to worry about at the risk of dying.

Granted it is a low level boss, the healing looked really mellow and nearly non-existant. The sith fight especially, the health bars barely moved at all. Even the guy tanking didn't take that much damage. That could be just an overgear thing or something, but even for low level the healing seemed very minimal.

Sorry been healing for years so its the first thing I look for in any MMO. Seemed alright, it looks like a beta still for sure, but I am excited still to give it a go. The thing with lightsabers for me is they should be instant killing devices So watching someone slash at something with a lightsaber forever is weird. MMOs also need more blood

Quote Originally Posted by Iakhovas View Post
    This over and over again. Buckwald did you play WoW when it was released? Does everyone forget all those elite quests we used to have...yes they were called Elite quests not group quests.....and you can't compare today's WoW with old WoW with SWTOR. Different times, experience, knowledge.

7 years have gone by and blizzard has made the game easier because they feel the need to cater to the 90% casuals that play the game, which sucks for the hardcores but is smart business wise.

So what I see or thought anyways from SWTOR was that it would be a next gen MMO with new highlights and NOT follow the same path WoW did. I don't see anything riveting about those bosses fights even though they are lvl 18 and 22. and the lightsabers everywhere made me mute the sound. I will be trying this game, don't get me wrong but why would you infract someone based on their opinions? Just because you can?

I'm sorry it just seems a little childish because I haven't read anything on this topic that seemed worthy of an infraction aside from you threatening to start throwing infractions out.

Oh and as for WoW world bosses, emerald dragons, azuregos and kazzak were much more engaging fights that had "some" important mechanic(s) to worry about at the risk of dying.
    WoWs world bosses were max level, these world bosses are level 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think the raiding part of TOR will look silly.

They need to not focus on raiding as much as WoW does, because people are just tired of it, imo.

More PvP please.
    Big agree. It doesn't really fit Star Wars at all. Star Wars is perfectly suited for Pvp. A mob of guys beating on a giant beast with lightsabers just looks incredibly silly. Not silly in a good way either imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    WoWs world bosses were max level, these world bosses are level 20.
    I realize that but when those world bosses were out at lvl 60, it was the first great MMO out there and was also 7 years in the past. New MMOs should be about making everything more interesting lore, character, gameplay, mechanics, at all levels of play.

Not saying there shouldn't be any easy boring tank and spank fights but adding mechanics doesn't mean it makes an encounter more difficult it just means you have to pay more attention and not stand in 1 spot for X amount of minutes until your target falls over.

The Flashpoint videos that others posted were much better examples of SWTOR gameplay albeit not a world boss where this all began.

Seriously, some of you are just looking for a reason to bash the game and I think you feel like you've found it. And that's ok. Just don't play it and move along. Nobody gives a shit what you feel like anyway.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XKkI4PHbprI

Don't act like there aren't silly WoW zerg vids out there. These guys were clearly zerging and full to bursting on melee. Do you really think they would stand a chance against a level cap raid boss? Come on dudes be serious.

If you are judging PVE encounters in this game from this video of 20-something melee dps zerging LV16 world bosses then do all of us a favor and don't play.

GTFO the thread and go talk pandas or whatever. Turned off from he game? CSB, now keep it moving.

Having watched that video, I do appreciate that it's a low level outdoor raid boss.

However, it does lead me to wonder what the average proportion of light sabre wielders will be in an end-game raid.

Hopefully it won't be most of the dps...

(I have a SWTOR preorder btw)

Pff, this just goes to show that BioWare is putting no thought into their game.

Lightsabers short out if they touch water.

Where is the DAMAGEMETER 101??????????????

Also I have a feeling that I will get VERY tired of the lightsaber sounds very fast, and find an addon to turn it off.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-11-20 at 01:03 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Fuck me sideways... That is what Deathwing should have been in WoW. Instead we get some half arsed tentacle hentai galore fight.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-11-20 at 01:12 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Fuck me sideways, what is that game ? That is what Deathwing should have been in wow. Instead we get some half assed tentacle hentai galore fight.
    It's Guild Wars 2. And those kinda bosses are going to be what replaces raids since GW2 has no raid content at least in the WoW sense. You can find these bosses for all levels of play.

Instead of raiding it's now raving.

This game was made to be played while on ecstasy. Just need some terribly loud music and half naked drunk chicks and I really think this would be a hit to the New Jersey demographic

I kid I kid. I know it is lower level content so of course everyone is probably going to be some jedi class since it is a Star Wars game. Probably in later content it looks much smoother since everyone won't be able to be jedis to succeed, and it won't look like a bunch fist pumpers with glow sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Gotta love the one-liner replies...

If you're basing your opinion on this video, I'd suggest actually trying beta or watching some of the high level content.

This is a slightly better representation though it still is somewhat inferior to actually trying the game in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyANt...ailpage#t=145s
    I have.
    WoW's combat animations are as fluid and in some cases moreso than TOR's. Sorry.

Why are the ravers standing around attacking the dragon with their glowsticks, don't they have attack ships and lasers and artillery? Even a handful of dirty hippy jedi could scrape together enough money to buy a T-16 and engage the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    I have.
    WoW's combat animations are as fluid and in some cases moreso than TOR's. Sorry.
    You mean like that mid-air seizure that female undead use for Pummel? Or the hop-swing that male undead use for every single special attack with a two-hander? Yeah, those are real fluid...

15+ Year Old Account
    I find more often than not WoW cuts-off animations early for either an AA, proc, or another skill's animation and it's fairly jarring. I never notice this on SW ( athough, with no AA, and not having any procs at the time that could very easily change. )