Post Resto PvP How Bad Can It Be..

So i hear alot of qq about resto druids in pvp setting in trade chat from guild mates but like how bad is it? I thinking of going Resto pvp full time and stop raiding all together. Ill be doing mostly rbgs but some arena aswell so how are they in these areas. I wonder if the people qqing is not using any type of cc..or whats the problem i know druids aren't no hpally but i always thought they were strong healers. Any help to make up my mind would be great. thx

Deleted
    Limited experience only in lower brackets (and I'm sure I've missed out some abilities) but... you don't have the heal throughput if someone gets focused. It's not so bad in BG's but its a sod in arenas.

Pally - holy shock, WoG and wings flash flash flash - basically lots of 'oh shit' buttons
    Priest - shield, penance, PI flash flash flash (only know disc) + 'oh shit' buttons like fear, suppresion etc
    Druid - you can blow nature's swiftness for one insta heal, after that hots and swiftmend while good just don't have the same thru put to keep people up, going tree in BG's is like having a big sign that says - ignore everyone else and kill me!

Haven't got an 85 shammy so cant say about them but the other healers just seem to have more concentrated healing oomph when its needed than a resto druid.
    Feral PVP on the other hand is great - fun and quite powerful atm

You get shat on if you let the other team pull of decent switches on your team so your team need to control the match, you are better of using roots/cyclones to prevent damage then healing because as the above poster said you just cant keep up with damage.

The spec works but deffo requires great teamplay and good team mates and a ton of peels and control, more so then other healers. It's a fun spec and if you utilize all the tools a druid got you can have a laugh, don't expect to be able to take much of a beating against a decent 3v3 team though, you can basicly be killed straight through barkskin and treeform.

Deleted
    all they need is there armour back and that would stop the melee murder!

Deleted
    If you are going to focus on battlegrounds i would say that restodruid is viable since you hardly ever encounter anyone good enough to take you down.
    For arenas you will be in strong need of partners that can babysit you the whole game since restodruids are very vulnerable for switches.
    For instance they gib on of your partners and as soon as they see 3 lifeblooms on him they switch to you and you are screwed.

If you want to achieve gladiator with pure skills and not class then you should def go for restodruid and some great partners for godmode peeling and babysitting.
    Its way easier to get glad with shamans, priests and paladins but that just isnt as worth the achievement as it is with restodruids

Good luck in your choices!

Deleted
    probably of the first times resto druids havent been the better healing class. In the pass resto druids just raped.

Already been said, but once ToL form is done, they are very prone to hard switches, whereas all the other healers have fast effective heals, some instant cast even. Switching to travel form to flee isn't as effective either, many of the classes have tons of snares at this point to keep you grounded. That being said, I'm kinda glad for they've been nerfed, if u did arena in BC, you'd understand lol.

Deleted
    It's fine right up to the point where the other team is intelligent enough to hard switch to you and kill you in a stun. A druid that's free to cyclone and cast heals is very powerful. Just like any caster. The difference is other healers can tank damage better than druids and actually have decent heals. Resto druids heals are worse than other healers because of cyclone. Unfortunately blizzard doesn't realise that getting off a cyclone while being tunneled is completely impossible.

So yes, you can do normal bgs and rated bgs up till 1.7k or something, then it's bye bye. There's just no reason to take a resto druid into RBGs when they can die to a melee cleave during tree form and barkskin. Their healing is beyond a joke even in tree form.

Resto Druids are not in a good state, i did 3's on my druid on Tichondrius - US, and all went good up to facing teams about 1900-2k mmr

Running Resto Druid / Enchance / Rogue

once teams learned to hard swap. it was over, Im not the greatest player ever, but If they could ever catch me without any hots, I was dead, within 6 seconds, *4100 Resil*

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 08:54 PM ----------

Also.... Dispels.

Lets see, prone to hardswitches which literally kill us in a stun.

We require constant babysitting from the other members of our team (people say just get peels, unfortunately why would a team bother with a resto druid they have to babysit constantly when they could just get any other healer and actually go on the offensive instead).

TOL is the biggest piece of wank ever. The only mobility we have is thanks to switching forms, and guess what, you do that in TOL and you've wasted the CD. So its either waste the CD or spam regrowth and lose the mana battle.

But I can sum it all up with one example. On my resto shaman, with the shock healing bonus up my GHW can crit for 100k+ easily. And with tidal waves perma up, it has the cast time closer to regrowth. Regrowth crits for 20k.

Our single target heals are just pathetic and we have no way of reducing damage outside of barkskin, which they can just hardswitch when its up and then back on you when it's down.

All of our CC shares schools with our healing. So guess what, that cyclone or roots gets interupted? You've just lost the match when they hardswitch onto you and all you can do is go bash your head on the wall.

And no one can even argue that people should just 'L2Play' either, as there are even videos of Cottage, one of the best resto druids in the world, getting killed in 4 seconds by some scrub TSG. For once it isnt the player, it is the class.

All in all, a resto druid is pointless at the moment. You'd be better off just going with a blank bit of wood called Tim.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Lets see, prone to hardswitches which literally kill us in a stun.

We require constant babysitting from the other members of our team (people say just get peels, unfortunately why would a team bother with a resto druid they have to babysit constantly when they could just get any other healer and actually go on the offensive instead).

TOL is the biggest piece of wank ever. The only mobility we have is thanks to switching forms, and guess what, you do that in TOL and you've wasted the CD. So its either waste the CD or spam regrowth and lose the mana battle.

But I can sum it all up with one example. On my resto shaman, with the shock healing bonus up my GHW can crit for 100k+ easily. And with tidal waves perma up, it has the cast time closer to regrowth. Regrowth crits for 20k.

Our single target heals are just pathetic and we have no way of reducing damage outside of barkskin, which they can just hardswitch when its up and then back on you when it's down.

All of our CC shares schools with our healing. So guess what, that cyclone or roots gets interupted? You've just lost the match when they hardswitch onto you and all you can do is go bash your head on the wall.

And no one can even argue that people should just 'L2Play' either, as there are even videos of Cottage, one of the best resto druids in the world, getting killed in 4 seconds by some scrub TSG. For once it isnt the player, it is the class.

All in all, a resto druid is pointless at the moment. You'd be better off just going with a blank bit of wood called Tim.
    Yes great post made me laugh as I know it's that bad. The big change I'd make is that getting inturupted on cyclone and roots would not lock you out of healing. This also would not be a pvE buff.
    There are no buffs to resto pvp in 4.3, and it's sad as I love to heal and druid is my main. Ps with mortal strike and wound poison getting buffed, even worse it will be.
    Last edited by Joycemiester; 2011-11-21 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Yes great post made me laugh as I know it's that bad. The big change I'd make is that getting inturupted on cyclone and roots would not lock you out of healing. This also would not be a pvE buff.
    There are no buffs to resto pvp in 4.3, and it's sad as I love to heal and druid is my main. Ps with mortal strike and wound poison getting buffed, even worse it will be.
    It reallly is that bad, I went as a joke, double healer, Resto Shaman/ Resto Druid, and i took SOOOO much more damage than there shaman, it wasnt even close.

My heals, per cast time. are 1/4th... ~22k crits regrowth, his GHW with tidal waves is same cast time as regrowth, 90k crits...

The only comps Resto Druid can play are huge control comps (generally lock, mage and rogue variants). If 2 DPS connect once, you will blow all your cooldowns to survive. If 2 DPS connect twice, somebody (generally you) is on the floor.

Deleted
    Just try to heal in PvE , without using tranq , and look in recount .
    Like in 4.03 where tranq used to be 8 min cd .
    Now look on MS buff ,some meeles get bonus damage for PvE purposes , cyclone-root locks ur healing spells when silenced , lack of armor , mages can dispel too and dks necro strike can obliterate ur hots .
    Good luck
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-11-21 at 10:14 AM.

Resto PvP is at the level that other healers should be brought down to. You wont kill a resto 1v1 which is fine, but you can still pressure enough to cause them to have to heal themselves, unlike other healing specs who can happily heal themselves and keep up a team mate.

Necro strike is op and should be nerfed to help healers out a little bit, but overall healing is too strong right now and resto druids are simply the lowest rung of that ladder.

So i guess with all these repleys sayin there that bad i'll stick to feral/boomkin for pvp. feral rocks and boomkin well u get hit like u naked but with some heals and being able to free cast u wreck faces most bgs i top damage and hks. But i want a healer aswell for 4.3 so what about a shaman? they still gonna be asgood with the nerf to there windshear? How well do they take damage when targeted? Thanks for all the feedback also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    So i guess with all these repleys sayin there that bad i'll stick to feral/boomkin for pvp. feral rocks and boomkin well u get hit like u naked but with some heals and being able to free cast u wreck faces most bgs i top damage and hks. But i want a healer aswell for 4.3 so what about a shaman? they still gonna be asgood with the nerf to there windshear? How well do they take damage when targeted? Thanks for all the feedback also
    The nerf to wind shear wont be enough to make them less op so rolling a restoshaman for pvp is a very good idea if you want to get higher ratings
    with less effort than rolling restodruid. Restoshaman also has ALOT of more viable comps for arenas than all the other healers. Go FOTM!