Am I just being a total n00b? Changing file size of sig pictures.

I just received an infraction for my sig picture being too big, and it was also removed...I managed to find it however and when I look in Paint, it says under "Attributes" that the pic is 430 by 65, and 13.030 byte...The infraction message said the following:

"Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information."

Was it the text around the picture perhaps that made it too big, or am I missing something here? I've never been any good with computer programs, despite playing games whenever able...

In the FAQ:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orumrules_sigs

In short, anything in the signature is fair game. Yes, there are users out there who have far exceeded these rules -- if you see any, report them and we'll take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Was it the text around the picture perhaps that made it too big, or am I missing something here?.
    It is probably the text around your signature. I am not sure how many pixels tall regular sized text takes up, but I could imagine the 60 remaining pixels of height you had to play around with could have easily been used up by text.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    In the FAQ:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orumrules_sigs

In short, anything in the signature is fair game. Yes, there are users out there who have far exceeded these rules -- if you see any, report them and we'll take care of it.
    I've read that, didn't explain to me what's causing the problem. I've seen sigs with far more text and pictures than mine, and yet they remain, so clearly I must be way off...I wish there was some indicator in the Sig management side telling wether or not the sig is too big or good, for us n00bs at programs...

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    It is probably the text around your signature. I am not sure how many pixels tall regular sized text takes up, but I could imagine the 60 remaining pixels of height you had to play around with could have easily been used up by text.
    Thank you, I'll have someone more skilled than me at this resize the pic to fit the text then...gonna be hard though when I can't see wether or not it's good in the management.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 08:15 AM ----------

Ok, I've tried changing the size of the pic...can anyone be so kind to tell me if it's correct now?

It's now 360x54 pixels. You can make it a bit bigger if you wish, unless you are going to add text in the signature as well.