Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Valor Points Changes to 4.3 PTR, 4.3 BG Conquest Rewards

Update - Diablo 3 Beta Patch 6 is released tonight and as usual, you can check out Diablofans for the coverage. Don't miss the Diablo 3 Beta 6 Official Patch Notes and the Diablo 3 Beta Patch 6 - Unofficial Information/Datamining with new achievements and extra spell changes.

Valor Points Changes to 4.3 PTR
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've made slight adjustments to the Valor Point (VP) drops on the 4.3 PTR which testers can now see. In both 10- and 25-player raids, bosses will now drop 100 VP each (down from 115 and 135 respectively). We’ll also be changing Firelands raid bosses to drop 50 VP per kill upon release of the patch.

This change is being made to further emphasize the desire to kill bosses for the items they drop. In the 4.3 raid, tier sets can only be earned from boss drops, and as Raid Finder will allow for just about anyone to get a chance to kill bosses, we think there will be less need for Valor overall. We want to try to match the lower desire for VP with a slightly slower acquisition rate.

We appreciate your thoughts and constructive discussion on how these changes may affect you and your guild once 4.3 is released.

4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-11-18 at 05:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooh normalizing the VP for 10 and 25 man now are we? Wonderful!

inb4 this is death of 25 man raids

Deleted
    Well that doesnt seem very good.

I like the Conquest thing. I hate doing rated BGs in my realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool i like the conquest point changes.

Deleted
    Back to running heroics for VP are we? Yay...

Incomming 25-man raider "I DESERVE MORE THAN 10-MAN RAIDERS" crying.

But yeah. If they really want to slow down the aquisition rate of items-through-Valor points, they'd reduce the weekly cap. Reducing the amount of points per boss kill just forces raiders to use the random LFG tool.

It's almost like the Conquest and Valor changes contradict each other. Allowing PvPers more options to get their Conquest, then making PvE raiders have to do LFG dungeons over and over to cap if they aren't able to progress through a raid completely in a single lockout.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2011-11-17 at 05:24 PM.

Conquest point change I'm happy about. hated trying t get them through arena or trying to get people together to do RBG's...

So sad how blizz keeps killing 25 man raids. People already run the 10 mans cause they are easier.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Incomming 25-man raider "I DESERVE MORE THAN 10-MAN RAIDERS" rage.
    I can totally see that coming. the extra 4 items dropping from each boss are nothing, compared to a currency that will be rendered useless in a month for a weekly raider

just kinda shocked that they did something I have thought made perfect sense for a while now

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not like VP is hard to cap anyway for either 10 or 25 raids. Most people will work until they cap anyway, at least in the start of the tier. After a few weeks VP seizes to be important anyway.

Conquest points change SUCK. Do normal raid give heroic loot? ANOTHER SLAP IN THE FACE FOR PVPers... -.-"

Maybe so. But I will say that is requires a lot more work to put a 25m together then a 10m. The cap was fine the way it was before. If you were clearing 10m Firelands (7/7) chances are you didn't care if you were 120 VP from cap. More then likely you did a BH anyways for the last VP you needed. The only difference was that 25m raiders didn't have to do BH to cap. Which wasn't a big deal.

I only do 25s, I don't care if I get the same as a 10, didn't even know they got less :P. I just want to cap out from raiding, not doing heroics

Why not just give "Player Points" for all content? 50 for BGs, 10 for quests, 100 for boss kills? And you can spend "Player Points" on whatever you want, be it PvE gear, PvP gear, Vanity Pets, whatever. That's the direction we're heading, why not just cut to the chase?

Deleted
    Holy cow... What are they doing? Did someone just get wasted and posted this?

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrollingsworth View Post
    So sad how blizz keeps killing 25 man raids. People already run the 10 mans cause they are easier.
    ROFL

maybe normal modes, but a majority of the HC fights 10 man is harder.

Deleted
    Great changes! Now i dont have to sit and wait for a pug RBG to form for 1 hour and then disband after the first loss