Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

PTR Release Build, Class Balance and Dragonwrath, Fan Art, The Daily Blink

Diablo 3 - Today we have Beta 6 Screenshots and a Blue Post on Monster Affixes! I will be newsing D3 news regularly in one short line since more than half of the readers bought the annual pass anyway.

PTR Back to Release Build
    Another Release flagged PTR build (15005) was pushed recently with no significant changes. Don't forget that Season 10 is ending on November 29, just around the time that 4.3 should go live.

Statistics: Class Balance and Dragonwrath
    One of the more popular requests for a Statistics post has been a class balance type of post. For the first graph we simply took the class balance for characters that have earned more than 5k Valor points, resulting in a sample size of roughly 1.8 million characters from the US and EU. This helps to remove the massive amount of alts we saw last time. Nothing too unexpected here, warlocks and rogues are still coming in last place.

The second graph shows you how many new Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest were created each week. The slight decrease in the last displayed week may be due to the frequency of our data updates, so regard it with some skepticism.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Blizzard Art Gallery Update
    The World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Art gallery has been updated with five pieces representing the Warcraft universe.

The Daily Blink - When Skyrim Meets WoW
    The Daily Blink hopped on the Skyrim bandwagon this week!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-11-19 at 05:02 PM.

hahaha comic is hilarious.gg daily blink.

damn i wanted to be first

Lol @ daily blink.. i really need to get that game i think

That is a funny comic, lol.

Lol daily blink never fails to make my day

raise your hand if you aren't surprised that rogues are dead last such a sad state for our class its been for way too long now.

Daily Blink, Oh you!..... *rolls eyes* /giggle

Quote Originally Posted by embriox View Post
    Lol daily blink never fails to make my day btw 4'th, cus third second and first are too over rated :>
    Fifth you mean

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome comic! As for the graph: makes sense that Druids and Paladins are at the top due to their diversity of roles, but I'm surprised that Shamans are higher than Mages, for example. It feels like every third toon in Stormwind is a Mage (and probably arcane spec).

LMFAO complex moral crime xD

15+ Year Old Account
    That Daily Blink....so true!

As long as its only a setback and not merely a setback, we should be fine. Also its true, dont attack the chicken.

It would have been funnier if the game compared to wow wasnt this total crap called skyrim

The Daily Blink really needs to stop making stuff. They clearly have lost any of the wit and humor they 'used' to have. All I get from that comic is that "LOLZ SKYRIM IS BTRRER TAN WIW" Justify it all you want, but even if it's an "unfair and unreasonable" (and I'll personally add in uneducated) comparison, they could have at least tried to make wow sound better than they did
    .-At level 4 in wow, you can single-handedly curb a rebellion (Undead), take on a legion of Worgen, be the largest business tycoon in the area (Goblin), and much more.
    -Warrior Shouts can send people running for their lives, disorient people to the point that their movement is impaired, cause enemies to use less force with their attacks, and even rally allies, giving them more vitality
    .-Exploration gives you achievements, tabards, as well as knowledge of locations that would be relevant for later (WELL, I'll give you that it isn't much, but it's still more than 'fatigue')

I have nothing against Skyrim, but the Daily Blink is really peeving me lately.
    Last edited by SvetlanaSvetlana; 2011-11-19 at 08:31 AM.

Is it just me or is that graph completely useless? As Warlock and Rogue are the least populous classes, saying that they have the fewest characters with over 5000 valor points is essentially saying the exact same thing and tells us nothing useful in the slightest. It would be much more useful to sample each class individually, then see what percentage of the total of that class is over 5000.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daliyblink ftw ! as for vp gain its said to see rogue lowest played class to get 5k vp , theyre just not too good in PvE :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    The Daily Blink really needs to stop making stuff. They clearly have lost any of the wit and humor they 'used' to have. All I get from that comic is that "LOLZ SKYRIM IS BTRRER TAN WIW" Justify it all you want, but even if it's an "unfair and unreasonable" (and I'll personally add in uneducated) comparison, they could have at least tried to make wow sound better than they did.-At level 4 in wow, you can single-handedly curb a rebellion (Undead), take on a legion of Worgen, be the largest business tycoon in the area (Goblin), and much more. -Warrior Shouts can send people running for their lives, disorient people to the point that their movement is impaired, cause enemies to use less force with their attacks, and even rally allies, giving them more vitality.-Exploration gives you achievements, tabards, as well as knowledge of locations that would be relevant for later (WELL, I'll give you that it isn't much, but it's still more than 'fatigue')I have nothing against Skyrim, but the Daily Blink is really peeving me lately.
    That faint whistling you hear is the sound of The Joke sailing right over your head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, I enjoyed that daily blink. Was also interesting to see the statistics; Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Is it just me or is that graph completely useless? As Warlock and Rogue are the least populous classes, saying that they have the fewest characters with over 5000 valor points is essentially saying the exact same thing and tells us nothing useful in the slightest. It would be much more useful to sample each class individually, then see what percentage of the total of that class is over 5000.
    A followup to address just that is coming soonish.