Spoilers: Revan/Exile's fates

So i just finished reading the Revan novel, a tie in to TOR:

Seriously if you don't want to know what happens to the two of them then do not read this thread... in fact why the hell did you click this thread if you didn't want to know? Anyway this warning should fill up text sample for the mouse overs.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revan, after finding mandalore's mask with Canderous, visited the Sith emperor's home planet checking on a clue he got from a holocron. The ebon hawk was shot down and he was imprisoned on Dromund Kas for three years.

3 years later the Exile, officially named as Meetra Surik, goes off and searches for him with T3.

The wind up on Dromun kas and aly with a sith who acted as Revan's warden, Lord Scourge.

They broke Revan out of prison and made an assault on the emperor.

Scourge betrayed them and killed Meetra while the emperor Destroyed T3. Emperor granted Immortality to Scourge and is currently keeping Revan stuck in a box where he is sucking the life out of him slowly for centuries, while Meetra is a force ghost and is keeping Revan alive as long as she can.

So Yeah, really interested in seeing how they are going to work this into the actual game, if they do at all.

MOD NOTE: We have spoiler tags. [spoiler][/spoiler]
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-19 at 08:42 PM.

If true, I'm wondering how that will work into the game, as rumor is Revan is apparently an end boss in some 30s dungeon (as to whether that's true or not I have no clue, just what I remember reading somewhere).

What's most interesting (assuming what you've posted is true) is that Lord Scourge is one of the JK's companions in SWTOR as well, so unless it's a different one (the one in SWTOR is a male pureblood sith), that's kinda...interesting to say the least.

No hints to who the emperor is yet? Still wondering myself personally who the hell it is considering he's been alive for about 1000 years now. Overall, from your description it sounds fairly...boring? given Revan's general badassery.
    Last edited by Shinryu; 2011-11-19 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    There's a rebellious camp outside Dromund Kaas.

They are Revanists, they worship Revan.

Their theory of Revan was that he came back to DK after being "reborn" (memory wipe) and confronted the Emperor.

He killed the Emperor and took the rank of being the emperor and then locked himself inside his chamber ever since.

The Dark Council are the only ones who knows the secret that Revan is being their emperor while the others think the real emperor is still ruling.

Funny how the revanists are wrong about this theory though. Since like you say; revan is locked up, rescued by Republic and then killed by the Empire....all in some flashpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    If true, I'm wondering how that will work into the game, as rumor is Revan is apparently an end boss in some 30s dungeon (as to whether that's true or not I have no clue, just what I remember reading somewhere).

What's most interesting (assuming what you've posted is true) is that Lord Scourge is one of the JK's companions in SWTOR as well, so unless it's a different one (the one in SWTOR is a male pureblood sith), that's kinda...interesting to say the least.

No hints to who the emperor is yet? Still wondering myself personally who the hell it is considering he's been alive for about 1000 years now. Overall, from your description it sounds fairly...boring? given Revan's general badassery.
    Oh, it's true. It's also the same Lord Scourge + the emperor's backstory is fleshed out as well, including who he was, where he came from and how he became immortal.

The book itself, as far as Star Wars books go, is in the better half.

Spoilers....obviously.
    Revan is in the game. I can't confirm it, but I've read it from multiple sources. I wish I could go back and "unsee" this spoiler, though.

SUPER SPOILER
    (Highlight to read)
    You Kill Him. He is simply a flashpoint last boss. Kinda disappointing really.
    Last edited by KvanCetre; 2011-11-19 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Figuring out best way to add a spoiler :)

actually they did reveal the emperor's background.

Spoilers: He was born Tenabrae, the bastard son of a pureblood sith commoner and a sith lord named Dramath. He came to power and took over his planet by age 13, then basically did a much more perfected version of what Nihillus did and sucked the force out of everything on his home planet., becoming immortal. Came to Koriban and became Lord Vitiate. The rest is pretty much already revealed to us..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vitiate

end spoilers:

Deleted
    I just did the Revanite quest line again.

Here you have a screenshot where the "master/leader" of the Revanite group thinks of the Emperor situation;

http://up.k10x.net/dspyxqqnbiniz/fdvscx.png

http://up.k10x.net/pzfhxlxvpzsog/regfdcv.png
    Last edited by mmoc0bf86c05d8; 2011-11-19 at 08:36 PM.

Spoiler (Highlight to read):
    You kill Revan with HK-47 in Foundry flashpoint.
    You kill Emperor in jedi knight quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    You'd think they could have at least made him the last boss before an expansion or something :\
    Last edited by KvanCetre; 2011-11-19 at 09:39 PM. Reason: If you quote that type of spoiler, it shows up clearly. Who knew!

Well at least they updated wookiepedia real quick, in the last week or so since I read the Sith Emperor's entry lol...

But man, I'm definitely making JK as my main for the republic side now...

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    The first one is unsurprising, as that's the rumor I heard. The second though, that is rather disappointing and lame in a way.

Just finished it last night.

I was already rolling a Sentinel before the book, but I'm super geeked to play it now.

Feel like the exile kinda got screwed tho =/

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was planning to play a good obedient Imperial Operative. Then I read the book, that emperor is crazy evil. decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post

Revan is only a boss for Empire faction players I believe, which makes sense. In addition, I don't think he actually dies at the end of the fight as nothing is left, not even his robes - he's known for pull things out of a hat in battle.

I'm quite surprised that you can kill the Emperor yourself though as a Jedi Knight - I thought Revan would be the one to kill him in the encounter, similar to how in WoW fights an NPC usually is the one to finish off a lore character as a boss.

Well, Lord Scourge had a vision before his betrayal of Revan and the Exile in which he saw a Jedi Knight (not Revan) fight and kill the emperor. So I would assume the player JK is that knight, which would also explain why a pureblooded Sith Lord becomes the players companion.

As for the Revanites ... In a somewhat twisted way the worship Revan, but there is no indication that they actually have any inside information on the emperor. Therefore I would think that their version of the story (Revan killing and replacing the emperor) is nothing more than wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Azhreia; 2011-12-16 at 04:47 PM.