How to Make Stupid Piles of Gold in Skyrim with Enchanting

Skyrim is a wonderful world of wonder, but sometimes you run out of that shiny fuel that keeps you chugging potions, buying that third house, that third replacement horse and, of course, more armor. Here's a little trick to make gold a non-issue.

Requirements!
    -Access to an Arcane Enchanter.
    -A crappy, though filled Soul Gem.
    -A crappy weapon.
    -Knowledge of any weapon enchanting recipe.

To before we start, the higher your enchanting is and the more points you've invested into the first enchanting perk the better.

To start, we need to find one of these. Petty Soul Gems are preferable, though any can work. Problem with the other gems are they're expensive and that just cuts into our profit margin. You can get these from your friendly, neighborhood mage-in-the-yarl's-house and you can fill it with any wolf out in the world. Why wolves? They're everywhere. You'll need either a weapon enchanted with the Soul Trap enchant, or you can just cast the Soul Trap spell on the wolf before you kill it. You can most likely get Soul Trap from that mage we talked about.

Now, you need a throw-away weapon. One that is going to be vendored anyway. Armor won't work here, since the whole point of this is to exploit the fact that you can adjust the power of a weapon enchant by lowering the charges to increase the damage(or max level of enemy affected) and the game just seems to think that more power equals more money.

Now, after selecting your Soul Gem and Weapon, got to the enchant section of the Arcane Enchanter menu and flip through your enchants. Select whichever has the highest worth at max power. For me it's Banish, but Turn Undead is nice and much more accessible.

Now, have fun with your new money-making strategy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide. Also, if you want level up both smithing and enchanting at the same time and make a decent amount of money just grab some petty soul gems, make iron daggers and enchant them.

Its not like gold is a big problem in game.
    Why whould you waste your talent points for enchanting?

Deleted
    gold is plentiful i'm level 27 in this yawn fest and have like 70k in gold..and every draw, cupboard, chest in my house has more gear/items and mats to triple that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    gold is plentiful i'm level 27 in this yawn fest and have like 70k in gold..and every draw, cupboard, chest in my house has more gear/items and mats to triple that..
    You amassed 70,000 gold in a game you didn't enjoy?

He has 2 Shiv's. He's been in jail.

Also, money is a non-issue in this game. Just by doing quests you'll easily end up with 10k after a few quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylenas View Post
    You amassed 70,000 gold in a game you didn't enjoy?
    Tell this to millions of wow players who play for years and enjoy just 1-2 first weeks of the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Because you can go thirty levels without finding the item you want. My character is Smithing/Enchanting with the rest of the points spread among Block, Heavy Armor and One Handed Weapons.

My armor and the enchants I put on it are my playstyle and from what I have seen it is one of the most viable playstyles, even if it's silly. And you can't really argue with 400+ armor and 50%+ resistance to fire and ice.

I figured I'd share this little trick to turn trash into treasure, since I'm sure many don't even consider Enchanting in the first place since it doesn't give you the instant satisfaction that the pure damage trees do.

And now I'm off to go hunt some dragons and some Souls to finish crafting off my Dragon Armor.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    You know there are harder difficulties for curing your "yawn fest".

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau View Post
    Skyrim is a wonderful world of wonder, but sometimes you run out of that shiny fuel that keeps you chugging potions, buying that third house, that third replacement horse and, of course, more armor. Here's a little trick to make gold a non-issue.

Requirements!
    -Access to an Arcane Enchanter.
    -A crappy, though filled Soul Gem.
    -A crappy weapon.
    -Knowledge of any weapon enchanting recipe.

To before we start, the higher your enchanting is and the more points you've invested into the first enchanting perk the better.

To start, we need to find one of these. Petty Soul Gems are preferable, though any can work. Problem with the other gems are they're expensive and that just cuts into our profit margin. You can get these from your friendly, neighborhood mage-in-the-yarl's-house and you can fill it with any wolf out in the world. Why wolves? They're everywhere. You'll need either a weapon enchanted with the Soul Trap enchant, or you can just cast the Soul Trap spell on the wolf before you kill it. You can most likely get Soul Trap from that mage we talked about.

Now, you need a throw-away weapon. One that is going to be vendored anyway. Armor won't work here, since the whole point of this is to exploit the fact that you can adjust the power of a weapon enchant by lowering the charges to increase the damage(or max level of enemy affected) and the game just seems to think that more power equals more money.

Now, after selecting your Soul Gem and Weapon, got to the enchant section of the Arcane Enchanter menu and flip through your enchants. Select whichever has the highest worth at max power. For me it's Banish, but Turn Undead is nice and much more accessible.

Now, have fun with your new money-making strategy!
    you should post this in the main thread as its gona get closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Eh Enchanting is probably THE best skill in the game. Wasting Perks? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    you should post this in the main thread as its gona get closed.
    I didn't see a thread about making gold in Skyrim in the first couple pages.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Eh Enchanting is probably THE best skill in the game. Wasting Perks? No way.
    Indeed. The ability to enchant your gear with -% of mana cost to a school enough to be able to cast any school of magic of your choice for free is nice. Also, +45% to 1h or 2h damage per accessory/boots/gloves is pretty OP. Don't forget Soul Trap on weapon or massive amounts of extra damage per swing. I'd say it's able to do what most of the other trees do, at least as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau View Post
    I didn't see a thread about making gold in Skyrim in the first couple pages.
    Second sentence in the Skyrim thread: ''This is now the official Skyrim thread - Any new information, tips & tricks, questions, etc. should be posted here.''