Loading operating system

Hey guys,

So basically, I've just built my first computer ever. Seems as if everything is working fine and without a hitch when I plug it all in. However, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when setting up the BIOS and installing Windows, and basically what happens is when my computer gets to the black "Loading operating system" screen, nothing happens. It just sits there and does nothing.

Twice it has booted the Windows disc and I nearly managed to get it installed, however I wasn't able to get the system to recognise my SSD and had to reboot and change some BIOS settings.

I'm at the stage now where it recognises my SSD, and the DVD drive obviously works as it booted the CD twice, so I don't think there's a hardware fault? I just have no clue as to why it won't boot the operating system disc...

Would anyone be able to help me out here? Like post the settings I need to use or something? For the record, I'm trying to install Windows onto an SSD and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in the BIOS, just following instruction manuals for the most part. I've tried using IDE, AHCI and RAID(XHD) and only IDE and RAID recognised my SSD.

There's several options that can be found in nearly every BIOS.
    Boot Devices is one of them, and allows you to change the sequence the computer looks at several sources to "start-up"
    Look around in your bios until you've found it, and you'll be asked (generally) for 4 options.

To boot (like installing a OS) from a cd/dvd, place the cd/dvd option on #1,
    your ssd/hdd on #2, etc etc.

If you're not to familiar with any BIOS settings, I'd advice to not screw around too much with the IDE/AHCI/RAID settings.
    It might get you stuck sooner or later, without knowing what you actually changed (Default!).
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2011-11-19 at 01:11 PM.

Oh, ok. Atm I have the boot sequence on HDD #1 and CD/DVD as #2. I'm in bed currently and am going to fiddle around in the morning, haha, but I'll definitely try this if you think it'll make a difference.

1) Set DVD drive as boot device #1, this will allow you to boot the windows installation disc
    2) Install windows into SSD/HDD
    3) After installation is complete, set the SSD/HDD as boot device #1 (not required, but speeds up booting by second or two)
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Like the others have said, you need to set the CD/DVD drive as the first boot device.

Basically, your Windows installation is going through, but when it reboots itself to continue installation, it's attempting to boot into your partially installed Windows, not the disc to continue installation.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics