Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ask a beta tester anything .

I've been testing for the past month or so . Ask me anything you'd like .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Has the NDA been lifted yet?

Deleted
    How balanced is the PvP
    What kind of PvP is there in the game
    How much skill is required to PvP
    Is PvP in the game fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    1.In low levels it's a bit unbalanced as most classes don't have their big nukes . Light armor classes seem to die pretty fast (I play juggernaut)
    2.Until level 35 or so there is only Warzone and duels . After that there are some Wintergrasp like open pvp areas .
    3.It needs some skill to use your cds wisely and detect the healer (it's a bit trickier than WoW)
    4.It's become fun after level 18 that I got my interrupt every healer is easier to die and I'm happier. Still there are some scrubs that won't pass the ball in Huttball.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    Im tempted to buy this game, but i heard some bad stuff for instance, does this game really need that much (200~~hours) to be top level ? And what about end game content ? If you could what part of WoW (Xpac) will you say Swtor looks like (Feels like), THANKS !!!
    1.Just think you need to spend about 20-30 hours for the first 3 planets (about 25 levels) and then think that things get harder as you go to the higher levels .
    2.At the moment in the party lockout window there are 2 raids: Eternity Vault and Karagan Palace (forgive me if I misspell it) . They both have seperate locks for 8 man and 16 man squads and different locks for normal difficulty and hard/nightmare difficulty (my guess is that's the heroic modes).
    3.It really feels more like TBC and that's why they have started nerfing the first few Flashpoints (instances). For example level 10 flashpoint is done with 2 players (not the full 4 man group needed).
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    1.In low levels it's a bit unbalanced as most classes don't have their big nukes . Light armor classes seem to die pretty fast (I play juggernaut)
    2.Until level 35 or so there is only Warzone and duels . After that there are some Wintergrasp like open pvp areas .
    3.It needs some skill to use your cds wisely and detect the healer (it's a bit trickier than WoW)
    4.It's become fun after level 18 that I got my interrupt every healer is easier to die and I'm happier. Still there are some scrubs that won't pass the ball in Huttball.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:23 PM ----------

1.Just think you need to spend about 20-30 hours for the first 3 planets (about 25 levels) and then think that things get harder as you go to the higher levels .
    2.At the moment in the party lockout window there are 2 raids: Eternity Vault and Karagan Palace (forgive me if I misspell it) . They both have seperate locks for 8 man and 16 man squads and different locks for normal difficulty and hard/nightmare difficulty (my guess is that's the heroic modes).
    3.It really feels more like TBC and that's why they have started nerfing the first few Flashpoints (instances). For example level 10 flashpoint is done with 2 players (not the full 4 man group needed).
    WHen you dont know the class really well and all being only 2 is REALLY hard in my own, being 4 makes it faster and easier.

Deleted
    Has anyone played an Imperial Agent (specifically a Sniper AC/Marksman spec) to any greater extent? How did it feel? Was it fun? Was it any good? Did the cover system gimp it for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Has anyone played an Imperial Agent (specifically a Sniper AC/Marksman spec) to any greater extent? How did it feel? Was it fun? Was it any good? Did the cover system gimp it for PvP?
    Friend of mine played Consular, Knight, Bounty Hunter, and IA and said she had the most fun with IA.

Do you know if it's true that only the Sith Inquisitor can get the 'Darth' title? Or can Sith Warriors also get it?

Thanks in advance !

Deleted
    I was browsing through the Torhead database, and I noticed the limited amount of skills each class had (plus they are the same for empire and alliance except the names). Are there really so few skills in the game : http://www.torhead.com/abilities/adv...101/level/1-50 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I was browsing through the Torhead database, and I noticed the limited amount of skills each class had (plus they are the same for empire and alliance except the names). Are there really so few skills in the game : http://www.torhead.com/abilities/adv...101/level/1-50 ?
    Do you really want 50 skills for a launch title?

There are roughly 30 per class.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Do you really want 50 skills for a launch title?
    There are roughly 30 per class.
    Well my bad, I was looking at a spec's page, but there are a lot of class skills too.

Another question, how varied/interesting are the environments/fights in the flashpoints/operations ? I've seen only dark places on the two streams I watched, but maybe I was unlucky, and the opponents were of maybe two types through the whole instance (beasts and generic two-legged shooters)

Deleted
    This will not be as polished as WoW is today, Think back to Vanilla and think unbalanced but still fun. It takes years for an MMO to develop into a monster hit but i am sure ToR will succeed and flourish in its first year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    I had/have a lot of fun with the sniper. Out of all classes that I played, it had the highest burst of all. In PvE cover is fine, you'll use it without thinking and it won't be an annoyance, well at least it wasn't for me. In PvP, so far it has been the most fun I've had. I think it's because people haven't seen me as a threat so I can literally just sit in cover yelling BOOM HEADSHOT. In this one game though there was this JK who was CONSTANTLY up on my ass so I had to kite him around but while doing so, I couldn't use the abilities that did the most damage obviously. I had to CC him, run, set up cover, shoot, he would force leap, I would knock him back, slow him, run, rinse and repeat. I survived, but barely, and then I got shot in the back by a scoundrel.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    There is much more than is listed on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    This will not be as polished as WoW is today, Think back to Vanilla and think unbalanced but still fun. It takes years for an MMO to develop into a monster hit but i am sure ToR will succeed and flourish in its first year.
    1. Is Emperor Vitiate in the game yet?
    2. Do you get a bag of gear specific to your advanced class now once you choose your AC?
    3. Do you remember what Darth Marr's armor looks like? Which AC of the Sith Warrior uses that armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was working on a questline in Hoth related to a HK-51 but never finished over the weekend Beta, I have heard rumours that he is a companion, could you confirm/deny?

How big is the resulting difference between assigning crew on tasks and doing them manually? Is this system a possible solution to gathering bots that we see in all other games?

How difficult are the flashpoints? compared to say low-level dungeons in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    1. Is Emperor Vitiate in the game yet?
    2. Do you get a bag of gear specific to your advanced class now once you choose your AC?
    3. Do you remember what Darth Marr's armor looks like? Which AC of the Sith Warrior uses that armor?
    I only have experience with the Consular, Inquisitor and Knight, but upon choosing an advanced class I was given a choice of weapons and with the Knight, a shield as well. Your armor is the same regardless of AC until you get to higher levels and start getting secondary stats on your gear.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    How difficult are the flashpoints? compared to say low-level dungeons in WoW
    I'd say similar really. You may have an area with almost no trash, or you may walk into a room and have trash rushing you. I haven't done any flashpoints at the level you're supposed to do them at, but I was able to solo both the lv 10ish FP's at lv 14 if that tells you anything about difficulty. Lower level bosses definitely have more detailed mechanics than lower level bosses in WoW. Unfortunately I haven't done any of the higher ones so I couldn't say how much the difficulty ramps up.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    How big is the resulting difference between assigning crew on tasks and doing them manually? Is this system a possible solution to gathering bots that we see in all other games?
    If you're referring to crafting, YOU never manually craft anything. You always assign your companions to do it. As for your second question, possibly because physically gathering is only one of two ways you get mats for crafting. The other way is by sending your companions on missions with crafting mats as a reward.
    Last edited by Bearshield; 2011-11-19 at 07:08 PM.

Who was Bon Jovi's publicity agent during the late '90s?