Deleted

Computer's gone haywire

I just cleaned out the fan, and ironically now it's blowing like it never has before. What happened?

EDIT: In fact, it's gotten even hotter since I cleaned it. What the hell? <_<
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2011-11-19 at 06:22 PM.

Which fan? What did you clean it with? Who are you? Where are my pants?

More information, please.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you cleaned your fan using compressed air....

Did you spray the compressed air downwards, into the fan base/heatsink? What might've happened is that you may have sprayed some of the dust or dislodged some of the dust and gotten it stuck in your heatsink, restricting the flow even worse.

As the above poster mentioned, more information is needed to help you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OverClokx View Post
    Assuming you cleaned your fan using compressed air....

Did you spray the compressed air downwards, into the fan base/heatsink? What might've happened is that you may have sprayed some of the dust or dislodged some of the dust and gotten it stuck in your heatsink, restricting the flow even worse.

As the above poster mentioned, more information is needed to help you.
    Yeah, I sprayed it downwards, I suspected the heatsink got screwed over. My computer is a Fujutsi Siemens Scaleo P 2680.

Well, don't run it if its getting too hot. Try to clean the sink where it sits with an old toothbrush and air, or take the heat sink out and clean it that way. Heat is a computers arch nemesis.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 07:06 AM ----------

Oh, one more thing... if you ever have the need to spray compressed air into your fans. Never ever spray the fan blades and let them free spin. You'll end up ruining the bearings. Hold it steady with your finger or a Q-tip and spray away!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to try removing the heatsink and dusting it out. That excess dust can cause overheating and hardware failure.

Addressing this issue is very important, and handling it ASAP without experiencing hardware failure/damage is critical.

The fan from my pc(the one from back of pc near the power cable) stopped working like 2 months ago and i had no issues with the pc at all since then,the pc gets really HOT(i even got burnt on my finger multiple times after i checked how hot it is) when i'm on torrent downloading something or when i play a game but the performance didn't change and i rarely shut down my pc last time i turned it off was 2 weeks ago when i was away from home for 3 days! the only thing that annoys me is that now i can hear the HDD everytime.

You may ask why i'm not shutting it down,one of the reasons is i can't sleep if in the room is too quiet so i got used with the noise from the pc,another reason is when i start up the pc it takes like forever to start something from windows because of the errors i get after i enter in windows.

I know someday will stop working but next month i will get a laptop and don't really care now anymore for this pc D: