List of stats and what they do?

Like the title says what are the stats and what do they do?

Very simple system:
    Strength: Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior stat. Raises melee power.
    Will Power: Jedi Consular/Sith ... Raises Force Power.
    Cunning: Smugglar/Imperial Agent stats. Raises Tech Power.
    Aim: Trooper/Bounty Hunter stat. Raises Range Power.

Persuation: Raises your companion's abilities.
    Endurence: Raises HP and defenses.

That's it. Really when looking for gear, just look for your class base stat and you will always find good stuff. Their base stats also raise they base melee/range damage.(So JK need STr to raise their melee damage, JC needs willpower to raise their melee damage, etc.)
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Very simple system:
    Strength: Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior stat. Raises melee power.
    Will Power: Jedi Consular/Sith ... Raises Force Power.
    Cunning: Smugglar/Imperial Agent stats. Raises Tech Power.
    Aim: Trooper/Bounty Hunter stat. Raises Range Power.

Persuation: Raises your companion's abilities.
    Endurence: Raises HP and defenses.

That's it. Really when looking for gear, just look for your class base stat and you will always find good stuff. Their base stats also raise they base melee/range damage.(So JK need STr to raise their melee damage, JC needs willpower to raise their melee damage, etc.)
    A decent start, but not quite. NOTE: TOOLTIP SCREENSHOTS REGARDING SECONDARY STATS: http://imgur.com/a/V3D6U Disregard second half of album, the upload got duplicated because I derped something up

Strength, aim, cunning, and willpower are primary stats.

Strength increases damage done by melee weapons, the chance to score a critical hit with melee weapons, and is the primary stat for JKs/SWs. For those two classes, one point of strength also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of willpower.

Willpower increases damage and healing done by force abilities, the chance to score a critical hit with force abilities, and is the primary stat for JCs/SIs. For those two classes, one point of willpower also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of strength.

Aim increases damage done by ranged weapons, the chance to score a critical hit with ranged weapons, and is the primary stat for TRs/BHs. For those two classes, one point of aim will also provide the bonus that would be given by one point of cunning.

Cunning increases the damage and healing done by tech abilities, the chance to score a critical hit with tech abilities, and is the primary stat for SRs/IAs. For those two classes, one point of cunning also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of aim.

Endurance increases your total health and your out of combat health regen.

Presence, crit, accuracy, surge, power, and alacrity are secondary stats.

Presence increases the health, damage, and healing of your companions.

Crit increases your chance to score a critical hit with damage or healing abilities.

Accuracy increases your chance to connect with attacks. Past 100%, it reduces the defenses of the target.

Surge increases the critical damage or healing bonus applied when you score a crit.

Alacrity causes the cast time of abilities to be sped up. This stat does NOT reduce the GCD, and I cannot confirm for certain that it even appears on melee gear.

Power is applied a couple different ways that I know of. For a trooper, power will be applied to damaging abilities as a "bonus power" stat that is added on, and multiplied for longer cast time abilities, aim also contributes to this stat. It also contributes to healing power which boosts heals and determines the healing provided by combat support cell. I am unsure exactly how power is applied to other classes, but generally speaking it boosts your general effectiveness. Comes in both generic "power" and "force power" variants.

Edited because I originally typed this on my smartphone and it was full of typos
    Last edited by Tigercat; 2011-11-19 at 06:43 AM.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    A decent start, but not quite.

Strength increases damage done by melee weapons, and is the primary stat for JKs/SWs. For those two classes, one point of strength also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of willpower.

Willpower increases damage and healing done by force abilities, and is the primary stat for JCs/SIs. For those two classes, one point of willpower also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of strength.

Aim increases damage done by ranged weapons, and is the primary stat for TRs/BHs. For those two classes, one point of aim will also provide the bonus that would be given by one point of cunning.

Cunning increases the damage and healing done by tech abilities, and is the primary stat for SRs/IAs. For those two classes, one point of cunning also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of aim.

Endurance increases your total health.

Crit increases your chance to score a critical hit with damage or healing abilities.

Accuracy increases your chance to connect with attacks. Past 100%, it reduces the defenses of the target.

Surge increases the critical damage or healing bonus applied when you score a crit.

Alacrity causes the cast time of abilities to be sped up. This stat does NOT reduce the GCD, and I cannot confirm for certain that it even appears on melee gear.

Power is applied a couple different ways that I know of. For a trooper, power will be applied to damaging abilities as a "bonus power" stat that is added on, and multiplied for longer cast time abilities. It also contributes to healing power which boosts heals and determines the healing provided by combat support cell. I am unsure exactly how power is applied to other classes, but generally speaking it boosts your general effectiveness. Comes in both generic "power" and "force power" variants.

Edited because I originally typed this on my smartphone and it was full of typos

Thanks alot for the useful post mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgarde View Post
    Thanks Tigercat; great info.
    Shit, I'm just glad to be allowed to talk about it now.

I've edited the post again to add a couple things I left out(mainly, primary stats also increase the crit chance with their associated weapons/abilities) and am working on some tooltip screenshots.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

so for SI tanks will power is the first stat you need to look for in gear good to know wasint sure if str was better then willpower thx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by dendaros View Post
    so for SI tanks will power is the first stat you need to look for in gear good to know wasint sure if str was better then willpower thx for the info
    You should never need or want to gear for strength as a SI

PS: Edited with screenshot album, disregard the second half because for some reason it uploaded everything twice

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    A decent start, but not quite.

Strength increases damage done by melee weapons, the chance to score a critical hit with melee weapons, and is the primary stat for JKs/SWs. For those two classes, one point of strength also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of willpower.

Willpower increases damage and healing done by force abilities, the chance to score a critical hit with force abilities, and is the primary stat for JCs/SIs. For those two classes, one point of willpower also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of strength.

Aim increases damage done by ranged weapons, the chance to score a critical hit with ranged weapons, and is the primary stat for TRs/BHs. For those two classes, one point of aim will also provide the bonus that would be given by one point of cunning.

Cunning increases the damage and healing done by tech abilities, the chance to score a critical hit with tech abilities, and is the primary stat for SRs/IAs. For those two classes, one point of cunning also provides the bonus that would be given by one point of aim.

Endurance increases your total health and your out of combat health regen.

Power is applied a couple different ways that I know of. For a trooper, power will be applied to damaging abilities as a "bonus power" stat that is added on, and multiplied for longer cast time abilities, aim also contributes to this stat. It also contributes to healing power which boosts heals and determines the healing provided by combat support cell. I am unsure exactly how power is applied to other classes, but generally speaking it boosts your general effectiveness. Comes in both generic "power" and "force power" variants.

Tyvm, that's exactly what i was looking for 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sithwarrior.com is shaping up to be the EJ of tor or a rough equivelant at any rate. If you want more in depth stats information its a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sithwarrior.com is shaping up to be the EJ of tor or a rough equivelant at any rate. If you want more in depth stats information its a good start.
    Unless they add Republic classes as well it wont be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    To be fair the classes across factions are mirrors, but it'd be much easier to digest with the proper ability names etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    They are exact mirrors and we have the only known mirror ability list that I'm aware of. Some of the compendiums are done Empire side and others on Republic side. It's easy to translate back and forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sithwarrior.com has a thread dedicated to conversions, so you can easily check the rough equivelants on either side of the plate.