Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Usually when something evolves the original species dies out, but you have a good point I forgot how long ago te jade wid occurred, ad maybe even before that we got krait
    All present day life everywhere would like to disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Tengu are practically guaranteed, especially since they will have a city in an expansion as confirmed by a dev (I'm not linking it, since I'm on mobile).

As for others, I'm open to centaurs, naga, and MAYBE kodan (they might make a better non-playable ally). For naga and centaurs, there would have to be considerable story added to introduce either of them.

Centaurs would likely involve some references to Ventari, which of course means there would have to be a mass exodus of a group of centaurs away from standard pillaging and killing.

Naga could go any direction. According to the Guild Wars wiki, there were once naga that were friendly with humans, but apparently some lake crystalized, or something. So there would have to be some catalyst that brings them back to that state (whether it's reconciliation or realization of the danger of the dragons).

To be perfectly honest, I'll be content with just Tengu. It's about time some game had playable birdies. Now, if only we could convince Arena Net to make their next MMO (new IP) have playable dragons, we could have pure awesomeness and take away Istaria's playable dragon monopoly (worst monopoly ever, too... The trial bored me to tears).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luregas View Post
    Naga could go any direction. According to the Guild Wars wiki, there were once naga that were friendly with humans, but apparently some lake crystalized, or something. So there would have to be some catalyst that brings them back to that state (whether it's reconciliation or realization of the danger of the dragons).
    when Shiro (body guard to the emperor of cantha) killed the emperor the luxon and kuzick champions, archemorus and saint viktor both killed him with his own swords together (but we all know archemorus REALLY struck the killing blow now dont we...) after vizu distracted him. as he died he let out a curse which turned the sea of cantha into jade and the echovald forest became petrified

thats probably the "lake" you are refering to

EDIT: and it probably wont be turning back
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

not to shoot any one down but first playable races have to be bipedal a centaur/naga will never happen because animations for leaping death blossom and other skills just wont work/look right

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    not to shoot any one down but first playable races have to be bipedal a centaur/naga will never happen because animations for leaping death blossom and other skills just wont work/look right
    Picturing that in my head is really funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga could work, not sure about centaur though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    [URL="http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kodan"]Kodan!

THIS is how you make a Bear so awesome that no one gets annoyed when they become playable!
    Norn can already turn into bears :S

On topic: Tengu would probably fit the best lorewise, especially with Cantha being (presumably) the first continent which we return to in an expansion.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Naga could work, not sure about centaur though.
    I highly doubt we'll see centaur, like you said. They just (minus a few notable ones) don't seem to want to meddle in our affairs unless they're swinging a sword at us. Naga though, we've never really seen them as a friendly race or anything but hey who knows, Charr became nice and fuzzy afterall :3
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2011-11-22 at 02:32 PM.

Horses can jump. I don't see why a centaur wouldn't be able to leap. Stealth, on the other hand... there's the "tauren rogue" issue. Muffle the hooves, maybe?

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Norn can already turn into bears :S

On topic: Tengu would probably fit the best lorewise, especially with Cantha being (presumably) the first continent which we return to in an expansion.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:25 PM ----------

I highly doubt we'll see centaur, like you said. They just (minus a few notable ones) don't seem to want to meddle in our affairs unless they're swinging a sword at us. Naga though, we've never really seen them as a friendly race or anything but hey who knows, Charr became nice and fuzzy afterall :3
    why not elona? its just over there... past the horde of undead controlled by palawa joko... (voiced by christopher walken PLEASE BE VOICED BY HIM)
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Horses can jump. I don't see why a centaur wouldn't be able to leap. Stealth, on the other hand... there's the "tauren rogue" issue. Muffle the hooves, maybe?
    Naga totally could... Pony men probably could be stealthy.... *ponders for a moment* I suppose as long as no one that hears you lives you could be stealthy....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP

i dont think a centaur could contort and twist the way you do for leaping death blossom

upside down horseman? that would look silly
    The Original Ganksta

I don't care how much it contradicts the lore, I want my playable margonites!
    YOU ARE A GOD! I would kill for a Margonite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP

i dont think a centaur could contort and twist the way you do for leaping death blossom

upside down horseman? that would look silly
    I don't think a Norn would contort and twist the same way an Asura would, either, but that doesn't mean they can't do it. As for the clopping, muffled hooves. Becomes more of a light tapping noise, if any noise at all.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I don't think a Norn would contort and twist the same way an Asura would, either, but that doesn't mean they can't do it. As for the clopping, muffled hooves. Becomes more of a light tapping noise, if any noise at all.
    They creep me the fuck out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quaggin seem pretty bad-ass

My bad I thought it said "Races you want to play" T_T
    Last edited by Scrabblet; 2011-11-25 at 12:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    removed cuz i thought this was in the wow forums lol
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-11-24 at 11:18 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Oh btw, screw Centaurs. I want magical flying pony's as a playable race.

<----