Healing: Mouseover Macros Guide/Explanation

**You guys can just look at the description in the video for the macros**

This is one of my first youtube video guides with a very brief explanation on how mouseover macros work. I don't know if this video/explanation fits into this forum; If not, just move it to wherever it belongs.

Mouseover macros can never be outdated like many addons such as Healbot or Vuhdo. They persist through patch and, in my opinion of course, are the best method when approaching healing in anything from Arenas to End-Game tier. This video description shows priest macros, but they can obviously be replaced by other classes healing spells.

Effective add ons to use with Mouseover Macros:

Grid - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5747-Grid.html

Clique (If you use any mouse buttons to heal) - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...08-Clique.html

Power Auras (Not necessary) - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...asClassic.html

Watch in 1080p!!!

Enjoy
    Last edited by AlexTheGreat; 2011-11-20 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would mouse over macros work with elvui's grid? I have never used a mouse over macro, and dont see why it would be needed, but I may try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would mouse over macros work with elvui's grid? I have never used a mouse over macro, and dont see why it would be needed, but I may try it out.
    Yeah mouseover macros work with the standard Blizzard UI and also with addons like Grid or any other raid frames. Most of mine are set up like
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal
    Many people agree that for healing, it's the quickest way to respond to people taking damage, by moving your mouse over their frame and healing through that (either through keyclicks or keybinds) instead of having to keep clicking people's names first simply to target them and then choosing your heal.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Yeah mouseover macros work with the standard Blizzard UI and also with addons like Grid or any other raid frames. Most of mine are set up like
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    Many people agree that for healing, it's the quickest way to respond to people taking damage, by moving your mouse over their frame and healing through that (either through keyclicks or keybinds) instead of having to keep clicking people's names first simply to target them and then choosing your heal.
    I suppose that makes some sense, but 99% of the time it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I suppose that makes some sense, but 99% of the time it wont matter.
    Well I've talked to many healers who used healbot. If you bind the left and right click to heal bot, it forces you to keyboard turn.
    Now with Mouseover Macros, you could still have a habit to keyboard turn, but due to fast reaction, you can just scroll over a frame and cast your heal and turn your character with your mouse quick.

Since I switched to this style of healing, I can finally keep my center of attention in the middle of my screen. Raids are a joke now since I have more situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    Yeah there's so many variations of the macro. It's really saves a lot of time to heal as well and honestly, you can just spam spam spam healing spells without having to individual targeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used mouseovers to heal. I tend to like this type of macro though...

#show
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Flash Heal

This will heal yourself without a target, your mouseover if present, or your current target. The downside is that if your heal can also be used to do damage to an enemy, you may accidently penance/holy shock them instead of using it to heal yourself. So I wouldn't recommend using these macros in a pvp environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only bads keyturn with healbot, but then again only bads use healbot. Mouse over button macros or mouse over click macros on a decent raid frame are about equal if you do it right.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use the keyboard to turn when I am healing...usually a quick strafe right or left will get me out of any trouble that is on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboraj View Post
    I don't use the keyboard to turn when I am healing...usually a quick strafe right or left will get me out of any trouble that is on the ground.
    Ya same here I usually move with my mouse and also turn with my mouse.