Is cardio what I need to get where I want to?

So I've been doing workouts to make my muscle bigger and lose fat for about 6 months and I am not overweight I was 140 pounds about maybe 1 or 2 months ago and since then I started eating a lot more to gain weight but even tho when I was 140 and still as of now, I feel a lot of fat can be replaced with muscle but with all the exercises I feel the fat is not burning as much as I want it to to, Sure sometime I got lazy and stopped exercises for a weeks or 2 or 3 days in a row during those 6 months but I always trained 30mins to 1 hour on a daily basis.

My question is, is it because I don't do enough cardio? Cause I do none at all, I don't got o a gym I train at home, is cardio the next stop to burn fat or should I train more? Probably both but I'm asking to get a real clue as if it because I didn't cardio or because I didn't train enough?.

Back in the summer I used to do 30mins to 2 hours of heavy bikecycle on a regular basis but now it's winter and I can't ride my bike. And cardio machine can be expensive and in an apartement running isn't quite, productive.

I also don't have access to a gym since I don't have a car, any advices?

Deleted
    Run to the gym.

Problem solved.

Keep jogging - best way to lose fat (or swimming if it's possible). But mind that during running you will burn some of the muscles too (they will become stronger but smaller). So yeah it's not that easy to balance without some personal trainer help, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    So I've been doing workouts to make my muscle bigger and lose fat for about 6 months and I am not overweight I was 140 pounds about maybe 1 or 2 months ago and since then I started eating a lot more to gain weight but even tho when I was 140 and still as of now, I feel a lot of fat can be replaced with muscle but with all the exercises I feel the fat is not burning as much as I want it to to, Sure sometime I got lazy and stopped exercises for a weeks or 2 or 3 days in a row during those 6 months but I always trained 30mins to 1 hour on a daily basis.

My question is, is it because I don't do enough cardio? Cause I do none at all, I don't got o a gym I train at home, is cardio the next stop to burn fat or should I train more? Probably both but I'm asking to get a real clue as if it because I didn't cardio or because I didn't train enough?.

Back in the summer I used to do 30mins to 2 hours of heavy bikecycle on a regular basis but now it's winter and I can't ride my bike. And cardio machine can be expensive and in an apartement running isn't quite, productive.

I also don't have access to a gym since I don't have a car, any advices?
    Cardiovascular exercise isn't hypertrophic weightlifting. You aren't going to make your "muscle bigger" by running a lot.

From your massive run-on sentence, you say you increased your food intake but stayed the same weight? If that's true then you didn't increase your calories enough. This doesn't mean grab another bag of chips. This means cook up a bunch of brocolli/spinach, sweet potatoes/rice, chicken and lean beef. Plan your meals out. Keep yourself accountable. 6 months is enough to see progress IF you stick to a program. Your attitude makes it seem like you haven't and therefore, no results.

What are your workouts? Do you record your reps, sets, level of difficulty of each workout? Are you following an established program or just winging it with some dumbbells? If you don't track this stuff then you have no way of knowing what works and what doesn't.

For example, my book so far today looks something like:

breakfast: 16oz pancakes, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup blueberries (xx cals, carb/fat/protein)
    snack: 1 cup bell pepper, celery and 2 tbsp peanut butter
    pre-workout: 1 scoop myofusion whey, 1 scoop superpump
    post-workout: 2 scoop myofusion, 8oz milk
    meal: 8oz chicken, 1cup sweet potato, 1cup broc
    etc.,etc.

workout: superset A: 4x8 full squat at 5011 pace, 4x10 lunge at 20x1 pace. superset B: 4x8 leg curl at 5011, 4x10 romanian deadlifts at 3011.

I'm not saying you need to go get a gym membership to Westside Barbell or anything. You'd be surprised at the results that chin up, pull up and push ups can get you. You need to be consistent and methodical about your approaches.

Well ya my exercise are mostly push up set up and weightlifting from 30mins to an hour every day or 2 days.

I wasn't able to look at my weight since i started eating more, i do not have anything to weight myself.

I don't keep track because I feel it looks complicated and have no insight on how to do it, I figured I could get well in shape but doing enough exercises, exercises that I love to do without being too technical.

Also what would cardio do to my body exactly? I know its silly to ask this way but Im asking from a fitness pov.

From my opinion your metabolism process has been slowed down. Do you drink alcohol or smoke? If you do then don't. Otherwise it will effect metabolism further. F

I smoke weed not cigarette and no alcohol at all, coffee sometime. In fact I used to drink 2 cup of coffee before workout for maybe a month or two, I felt it gave me energy to stress muscles more. Don't do that anymore tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    best way to lose fat is the proper diet. No soda, eat healthy whole grain foods, watch out for foods high in fat and sodium, don't eat fast food. Seriously, you have to eat healthy if you want to lose weight. You can work out all you want lifting weights and sure you might lose some weight since the more muscle you have causes your metabolism to increase, but unless you diet properly you will gain weight since muscle weighs more than fat.

Also if you want to build muscle then I wouldn't overdo the cardio since cardio actually breaks down muscle tissue for faster/leaner muscle for quicker reflexes. So sure you might get toned from doing cardio you won't get bulky muscles from it.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig