Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Open RP] Mending the World

With the vanquishing of the Firelord, Hyjal begins to return to normal. Scars of the devestation wrought by the Firelord and Deathwing can still be felt and continue to spread. The Twilight still maintain a foothold and fight to increase it. Attentions turned elsewhere the powers that be have left to combat the increasing threat from Deathwing himself. Aid has been called for all friendly to nature to help repair the heart of it and defend the World Tree.

A new day was beginning as Ronacus laid by the edges of the lake directly underneath the Nordrassil. Glad to be in his true form for a change, the mortals tended to be less intimidated when he adopted one of his mortal guises. The sun glowed warmer than normal as his scales intensified the warmth it gave. He flexed his wings and made himself more comfortable. His latest creations, Moon-whited Lilies that grew as bushes, started to bloom around him. Thought up and planted only the night before, in time they would spread and grow slower, but he couldn't help but give them a push. Nature is truly what made this world worth living in. This world was not quite prefect like his true home, the Emerald Dream. But in this one he could help unimpeded. His recent brush with the Nightmare only made him a threat within his true home. He missed it beyond imagining but slowly he was coming to appreciate this world more and more. He stifled a yawn, a small wisp of fire escaping from his jaws, as the druids and shamans in the building across the late began to stir. Time to get up I suppose, Ronacus thought as he stifled a yawn. Even the small creatures began to come from their burrows and dens.

He shifted to his mortal Kal'dorei guise, Roadin. Pulling his hair back into a ponytail and tying it off with a strand of goldthorn and brushing his robe off of stray strands of grass and generally making himself presentable he started to make his way towards the Inn across the lake. He stopped briefly to coax a few seedlings from his Moon-whited Lilies. Dropping the seedlings into the top of his staff to join the dozens of other types of seedlings in its cracked top. He continued on slowly to the Inn that served as the base of all the operations within Hyjal all the while gazing at Nordrassil, it's majesty slowly coming back. Only a few centuries, I can hardly wait.. a joyful expression became affixed to his face and he doubted anything he could dampen his spirits on this day.

Humming an old Kal'dorei ballad of rebirth and renewal he entered the Inn to see about the goings on. Quite a few of the most prominent druids of the day could be found within, many with their own projects.

((This is essentially an open-ended RP with a loose goal of healing Hyjal. Feel free to join in with any character that would be appropriate. Druids and Shamans basically but if you have another that would be apt feel free to join. Have your characters make new friends, beat up some twilights, etc.))

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eloxra was not so concerned with how the mortals would react to her true form, so just before dawn, she set off from Moonglade to Nordrassil with no intention of making her entrance especially subtle. By this point she felt that the regulars at the World Tree were accustomed to seeing green dragons flying around the area - after all, their influence was monumental in preventing Ragnaros from succeeding in his goal to burn it down. So this being the case, she went ahead and landed just outside the inn under the trunk of the World Tree. A couple people outside ducked and flinched at the suddenness of her descent and landing, apparently thinking they were under attack, but they relaxed a moment later when they saw the brilliant jade dragon casually stretching her legs and wings. With a soft snort, Eloxra began to casually walk toward the inn, full dragon form still going on.

By the time she actually got to it, though, she'd taken a far more convenient form, one that blended in better with the present company and surroundings. Her standard, soft-faced night elf woman guise got good use again. Leaf green robes and a wooden staff practically materialized out of nothing to clothe and arm her, but she was barefoot and her deep green hair fell straight down around her face to the middle of her pale lavender back. A murmured greeting and a smile was offered to the current inhabitants of the inn, who returned the greeting. She was apparently well-liked among her peers and the druids she worked with in the Emerald Dream. In a glance around, she noticed Ronacus coming in as well, though he appeared as a night elf himself. He looked quite happy about something. She did not recognize him as somebody she knew - she kind of had a feeling, her inner dragon senses tingled a little at the sight of him - but he seemed like the jovial sort.

"You seem quite happy," she observed with a warm smile on her face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronacus took pause as a brilliant green dragon landed just outside the Inn. She was quite the beauty and could see why she took as much time as she could staying in her true form. As wonderful as all dragon's were few were blessed with truly brilliant scales and tones that adorned his female. He had the sudden inspiration for a Lantana, but stowed it away for later.

"Oh yes," he looked out through the nearest opening in the Inn as the sun's rays rose even further, "a bright cloudless day is always cause for joy." Turning back to her, he looked over her Kal'dorei form with interest, "Quite a flamboyant entrance I must say but too well deserved." He winked as his eyes flashed a stunning green as those of all their race did when not disguised. "My name is Ronacus, but I am known as Roadin in this form." He held out his hand to greet her formally.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The clever compliment made Eloxra smile and offer Ronacus a bashful flutter of the eyelashes. Truth be told, she was kind of a hopeless romantic - almost five thousand years in existence and never has she found herself a nice dragon to settle down with. "Eloxra," she replied with a genuine, toothy smile. "They like to call me Eloxie, though. You don't have to, it's some kind of.. 'pet name' they gave me. Pleasure to meet you, Roadin." She placed her hand in his like any refined lady might do, expecting a proper greeting from what appeared to be a gentleman of her own flight. The use of his disguised name was said in a playful way for sure. Being a light-hearted dragon as she is, Eloxra did make playful gestures from time to time.. Though the compliment didn't hurt as far as influencing her behavior went.

"It's looking great these days," she commented, gesturing briefly to the surrounding inn and beyond - the lake, the tree, the regrowing portions of Hyjal. "There is still much to be done and it will take time yet, but better is an improvement. I just came from Moonglade, heard some druids might like assistance to the south of here with the healing process.. Might go lend a hand later."

10+ Year Old Account
    He took her hand and clasped his other hand over leaving behind a small fire red morning glory. The petals spread quickly, almost shown from within, and after a few moments of clingly lightly to her skin it scattered and a small bulb floated out towards Nordassil. "Eloxra matches your beauty much better I think," he said with a smile. "Assistance is always welcome here. Much of the land has already been recovered but that dreadful elemental did cause quite the scar on the rest." He stepped a few feet away to a table and grabbed two rather large bags of fertilizer mixed with seedlings and walked back, "I happen to be heading down just past the end of the regrowth brought about by the ancients," He held a bag up offering it towards Eloxra. "Would you care to join me? No better time than the morning for planting." His smile persisted throughout his offer, he was right in that this was going to be a good day.

A lone hippogryph darted amongst the trees as it descended towards Nordrassil. Zen'tiri clung on frightfully, but he was sure that the beast would not do him any harm. He hoped that it wouldn't do him any harm. Slowly, the beast descended, fluttering down and landing just to the north of the inn at the World Tree. Leaping off, he wandered closer to the glittering pool beside the hippogryph pens. He had never seen the true beauty of the Well of Eternity, but he had sure heard tales of the Elven pool of power. Some even say that a tribe of Trolls initially discovered the well, and due to the magics that it eminated, they evolved into Night Elves. Briefly, the Zandalari Troll rolled his eyes. Myths and tales. Making his way towards the inn, he tried to walk as upright as possible to seem more proper, but he failed miserably. Approaching the building's enterance, he noted two Kaldorei talking whilst standing outside. It must be them.

Walking up to them, he bowed before the male, cutting into their conversation. "My name be Zen'tiri, and I come on behalf of da Earthen Ring. I hear dat ya be seekin' aid for healin' dis seared earth. Well, I am da aid dat could be spared. Is ya name Roadin, or 'ave I just wasted mah time introducin' myself ta a nobody?", he uneasily smiled, slightly bearing his teeth.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, stop," she objected to his compliment, turning her head away with another shy grin in an effort to try to mask the slight pink blush in her cheeks. That Ronacus is a real charmer.

"I will help, of course. It's what I came here to do, after all," Eloxra replied, taking the bag that was offered to her and taking a studious look at it. She was going to comment on it when a troll suddenly wandered up and approached Ronacus, leaving her to eye him in silence as he addressed himself to her flightmate. She thought the suddenness of his introduction was a touch rude but chose not to judge him by it; time here was precious, after all, and as a dragon she knew that she often forgot that fact.. Having a longer lifespan tends to make one more laid back about time-sensitive things. Though she never did much work with the Earthen Ring, she knew their cause was the preservation of Azeroth through the elements, a noble enough cause for her to at least afford Zen'tiri a little respect right off.

Shifting slightly in place, Eloxra moved to stand more beside Ronacus than in front of him, letting herself have a better look at the troll that presented himself to the male. With a glance at Ronacus, she freed one hand to brush a few strands of forest green hair out of her eyes but said nothing as she was not addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronacus watched as she hid a grin. It had been awhile since he met another of his age or one with her beauty. It was more intoxicating than the blooming season for honeysuckles deep in the primal Un'Goro of the Dream. But this feeling quickly subsided as a very tribal looking troll approached and introduced himself. He felt slightly like he had been hit with a falling branch (which happened more than one might think), but such were the ways of the short-lived. He had become used to them though since his self-forced exile to this realm. He smiled softly at Zen'tiri, "I am indeed Roadin. I was just planning on heading down just past the current regrowth line to help convince some plant life to repopulate in the land." He motioned to the bag of fertilizer in his hand, "Would you care to join us? I am sure the elements would be of great help to our cause. Most plants tend to be fickle about growing in soil that does not want them." He paused and waited for Zen'tiri to respond. He took the moment to gaze at Eloxra again. He had hoped they might escape to do this planting on their own but at the same time he did want the help. So many plants still hurt down there, he thought as he turned back quickly towards Zen'tiri.

"I be here ta help, mon. I'd be happy ta assist ya and ya friend.", he replied, bowing before the other Kaldorei. "And what be ya name, milady?", he sweetly spoke, smiling at Eloxra.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Eloxra," she replied simply, giving Zen'tiri a warm smile because that's just the kind of dragon she is. "Pleasure to meet you, Zen'tiri."

She glanced over to Ronacus again and then out of the inn at the clear sky outside. Ever the sort to simply not care who knew she was a dragon, she found herself greatly looking forward to be on the wing again, though she'd just landed. Flying was one of those things that never got old to her, despite having been around as long as she has been. "Time is wasting," she said quite calmly, in a tone that suggested she really wasn't in any rush despite her suggesting it, "We ought to get moving. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get Hyjal healed and back to how it was."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Indeed so I say we fly then," Ronacus commented with a smile. Just something about Eloxra made him want to be a dragon this day. He lead them shortly outside the in and dropped the bag on the ground in-front of himself as he began to take his true form. Noticeably a bit larger than those of his flight of similar age he stretched his wings before turning towards Eloxra. His lighter, almost translucent, scales and wings seemed to intensify the nature around him, rather than himself. He grasped the bag which seemed all too small in his large claws now but he didn't make to grab more. "Zen'tiri," his voice deepened as it emanated from a form built of strength, "would you care to ride?" It wasn't uncommon for dragons to allow other's to ride them but often it was only the dragonsworn that did. Ronacus had no notions of the sort though when it came to those who strove to protect nature as he did.

He lowered himself but even still one could not simply climb up, so he did as he often did and asked the trees for help in return for some of his own energy. Roots from a nearby elm seemed to bubble from the ground and formed a few earthy steps for Zen'tiri to climb if he so wished.

Zen'tiri gasped in shock as he fell upon his backside. Dragons?! He had not expected this. He hadn't ever seen the majestic creatures in person. He struggled to find speech, so he merely nodded. The wizened and ancient creatures surely thought that he was an idiot at this point. Gathering his senses, he climbed the tree roots and sat atop Ronacus's back. Holding his head, he still could not imagine that this was happening.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eloxra walked out of the inn too, and once she was in the clear, she also took her natural form. A couple of druids that had been standing outside were forced to step back as the space they were in was suddenly occupied by part of a jade dragon. Eloxra did not concern herself with Zen'tiri; Ronacus was already doing that. She seized the opportunity to give the other dragon a good look over though. He was larger than her and of course less slender than her, but he also had a rather ethereal, semi-transparent appearance that she lacked. Her glossy, glittery scales were totally solid and definitely looked it.

While Zen'tiri climbed into place, Eloxra took the opportunity not only to watch him but to study her male counterpart. Once the troll was seated on the back of the male dragon, she stretched her wings and took a leap into the skies above. She ascended quickly and hovered above the other two, and only once they were also in the air did she begin to fly toward the south, where the damage had yet to be healed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the roots returned to their natural place underground, Ronacus lept from his crouching position and gave a powerful flap of his wings and he quickly joined Eloxra in the skies. Flying in this world was exhilarating. Unlike the Dream it was always changing and thus more of a challenge to fly. Catching a favorable wind, he soared upwards a few yards and joined along side Eloxra, even more entranced by her beauty while in flight. He veered more to the east as they went to the edges of the regrowth.

Druids, warriors, and adventurers somewhat to the south of Nordrassil could hear the sound of gargantuan wings flapping. If they looked up, they would be graced by the sight of a crimson leviathan, a dragon of the red flight, flying around the mountainside. Though he was flying too high for mere mortal eyes to see, he was quite a sight. Quite handsome for those of his kind, his scales, solid and bright in the sunlight were flawless, save the scars on his right foreleg and left cheek, though they seemed to work with his appearance, rather than mar it. His form, to those rare few who saw him up close, was powerful, yet almost as if it was belying this fact, he radiated a sense of peace and harmony, befitting of a creature who served the Lifebinder. His violet eyes, full of empathy and millenia of experience, scanned the world below and around him. To the north, the leviathan saw a pair of green dragon. Flying towards them at a speed showing his casualness at the situation, Arilistrasz hoped that his day would soon be a little more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    A heaviness on the air and thumping sounding from behind signaled that they were not the only dragons taking flight this fine morning. An itch of curiosity plagued Ronacus until he turned to see the older red dragon gliding towards them. He could make no note of this particular red, nor of having any reason to be currently needed by their flight so he settled on that this red must be here simply to help Nordrassil and Hyjal. He always did envy the breathe of the red flight. Yes his flight was tasked with guarding the Dream, nature itself, but it was the reds that were gifted with the very breath of life. Their fire did not simply destroy but also gave new life. So he resolved to persuade the red to help them on their task today. Just for a chance to see him breath fire.

Flaring his wings he slowed as the gigantic red dragon caught up with them, "Hello brother of the Red. My name is Ronacus. Are you out helping our mountain today as well?"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thudding of wings not too far off caught Eloxra's attention, too, and her vivid green eyes shortly landed upon the consort of Alexstrasza. Envy was not something that the green dragon felt. Though she admired the breath of the reds, she did not envy them for it, for she had her own lot in life - her job was to protect the Dream and preserve nature on Azeroth, and while she had not gotten the gift of the fire of life, she had other tricks up her sleeves that the reds did not. "One of Alexstrasza's brood approaches," she murmured, mostly to herself.

She also slowed, wings beating more heavily with the effort of not losing altitude with the slower speed. "I am Eloxra," she stated after Ronacus' greeting, giving Arilistrasz a mild look that was as close to a smile as a dragon's face could get. "It isn't often we see one of your flight here. Your influence would surely be monumental in the efforts here. There is much work yet to be done."
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2011-11-21 at 04:46 AM.

Arilistrasz smiled, a somewhat strange thing to mortals, as he got closer. The pair of dragons greeted him most warmly as he approached. The two greens, along with a troll on the back of one, hailed him, and would be able to see his visage in more detail. In turn, he could see more of them as well. One, the dragon carrying the troll, was obviously male, and fairly large for his young age, though not as large as he. The male seemed to be partially etheral, as if he was trying to stay as much in the Emerald Dream as safely possible. The other, a female, was a beauty, though she could never compare to his Love. Her hide was more like his, solid and beautiful. She looked as if she could have been one of his own flight. The troll, who was a male of the jungle variety, was wearing ornamented armor that made the red leviathan think that he was a shaman.

Now within talking distance, the dragon stopped gliding and began to beat his wings in a steady rythm, keeping his great weight aloft. In a deep, yet lively voice, Arilistrasz said "Hail, I am Arilistrasz. It is a pleasure to meet you two." Turning to Ronacus, the leviathan continued, saying, "While this is not soley your mountain, yes, I am here to help heal and return life to the land here in Hyjal." Addressing both of them again, the dragon said, "And where might you two - and your companion - be headed first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronacus let out a hearty laugh, shaking a bit but careful not to upset Zen'tiri on his back. "Ah no, I guess mine would lie deep within the Dream." Reminiscing slightly of the half-finished mountain several layers down in the dream that stood where Hyjal does in this realm. It held a much greater lake. "All the same I am glad your flight has saw fit more help." Readjusting in a more friendly airflow slightly to the left he continued, "We are on our way to the very edges of the Regrowth, hoping to help extend it's process." He tilted more west as they were approaching their final destination. "In fact it seems we are almost there."

The idea of being around so many dragons made Zen'tiri's head spin. He then latched onto a single word spoken by the red leviathan: companion.

"I ain't be no pet of some dragon, even if dey be powahful beyond mah comprehension.", he blurted, without a thought for his words. Nevertheless, his first impression of Arilistrasz was not a positive one.