Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is incredibly stupid. Not only is the reward temporary, but it's also glitchy as f- every time you mount up the tabard graphic disappears.

people always want something.... yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    People should be grateful. Last year, we didn't get an item. Just a note in the mailbox and, I think, a Feat of Strength. In 2008 and 2009, we received a noncombat pet. I think that was Blizzard's mistake. Now people are expecting noncombat pets every anniversary, and they're disappointed and angry when they don't get one. Like someone else said, this is the equivalent of showing up to someone else's birthday party, demanding a gift, and then becoming upset when it doesn't meet your expectations. Stop acting like children! Be glad you got anything at all.
    Nice logic.

Last year we got nothing, this year we got something.. Therefore, people should be grateful. Seriously? Cmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Perished View Post
    We shouldnt even be getting ANYTHING.
    It's exactly what we got: nothing. I tried it with the wintersabers trainers reputation quest and doesn't work. The item also disappears. I didn't expect anything, but compared to the other years, there is less love.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Meh. Thought I might resub for a month to get this, but it's ugly.
    -New raid coming out.
    -Raid finder
    -Transmog

But you contemplated re-subbing for a stupid tabard.

I really need to stop reading other peoples' comments, makes my brain hurt.

Deleted
    looks like the rep buff doesnt work for guildrep ;/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    Strongly disagree.

Nothing would say "We're just phoning it in..." more than a re-skin of an existing pet.

Giving an annual pet was one of the biggest mistakes Blizz made, because it caused two problems:

1. A sense of entitlement, in which players expect a new, "better" pet each year.
    2. Since everyone gets the pet, no one uses it because it isn't "special" or "unique".

How many Baby Blizzard Bears or Mr Chilly pets do you see?

How many other dime-a-dozen pets do you see people using?

Other than the Onyxia whelpling - which blows a smoke-ring - I can't think of any Blizz-gave-one-to-everybody pets that I've seen people using after the event has passed.

Granted, some people do use the "collector's edition" and/or Blizzcon pets, but those aren't something everyone has, are they? And they are having the same problem of coming-up with a "killer" pet each year.
    I hardly think this was one of their "biggest mistakes". That's over exaggerating slightly. No one feels entitled. And I don't think they ever felt pressured to make "better" pets. There are no "better" pets, only different ones. No one likes re-skins.

I don't know why they stopped giving pets for the anniversary events but if I were to take a completely unfounded guess it would be because there is no profit in it.

P.S. I use Baby Blizzard Bear ALL the time, and the penguin on my gnome characters even though I have many more less used/rare ones. They're no more or less used than any other pets as far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by happydog1337 View Post
    Are all you brainwashed???? If this was put into words it would be something like this... "After 7 years of you players giving us money to continue to keep this game alive, we're giving you a shitty tabard instead of finding ways to balance pve and pvp without hurting one or the other... or updating race models like the player base has asked for since TBC... this was much easier to do and saved us money/time, here you go" So glad i don't have to spend anymore money on this crap, 0 respect for blizzard.
    goddamn exactly.

Everyone complaining is still going to fork over 16 bucks a month regardless.

Thumbs down

I'd nominate this for this cheapest and shittiest content recycling they have ever pulled.

I mean, really?

They don't even have an intern that could have put in 5 minutes to recolor this or an hour to bang out a new design?

Just FYI it's on the in-game calendar. Ends December 3

Quote Originally Posted by Orukmeta View Post
    Everyone complaining is still going to fork over 16 bucks a month regardless.
    nah, cancelled. swtor comes out next month after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow I just realized this tabard is the one the PVP honor contest winners received back in 2005. and yeah I do agree it would have been nice to get a pet, but new pets only go to the pet store now. Don't you guys realize that?

McDonalds serves you a dry, old cheeseburger that's been laying around for a week. McDonalds fan boy says "You're lucky they served you anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    McDonalds serves you a dry, old cheeseburger that's been laying around for a week. McDonalds fan boy says "You're lucky they served you anything!"
    But it's a "free" dry, old cheeseburger, so it's ok! (so goes the fanboy logic)

I'd rather Blizzard have not bothered. Oh well, it couldn't have taken 1 programmer more than a few minutes to cobble together, so it's not like Blizz wasted much time on it. You'd think Blizzard would have been more fired up about WoW's 7th Anniversary, but I guess working on an MMO for 7 years has just burned them out.

People gotta complain about something.Patch 4.3 is going to be the biggest content patch released this expansion. THREE 5-man dungeons, an AWESOME raid, the raid-finder which will make that awesome raid accessible to basiclly everyone, darkmoon fair, a bunch of balance fixes... and here people are complaining that they didn't wake up in the morning to find a little monkey in their mailbox.You want a birthday present? 4.3 is coming out in a couple weeks. Happy birthday.

It would be cool to get some kind of pet or something, but oh well. Not a big deal. Apparently to some though it's so horrible what Blizzard did they're cancelling. Makes me laugh a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Oh wow I just realized this tabard is the one the PVP honor contest winners received back in 2005. and yeah I do agree it would have been nice to get a pet, but new pets only go to the pet store now. Don't you guys realize that?
    yeah dude 2 enchanting pets 2 engineering pets 1 fishing pet 3 kitty cubs all the new DMF pets the new fishing pet and the mining pet have all been from the store i never noticed

and thats just off the top of my head

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessalor View Post
    goddamn exactly.
    Wrong. They are not mutually exclusive.

When will you hard-headed and stubborn children get the clue that they have *teams*? Teams! Some teams work on things, some work on others. No TEAM is required to make the stupid tabard this year. One single programmer may have done it. It is the mark of a child with little scope in the world to not understand when things are not mutually exclusive.

To be honest I like the xp gain, I was able to hit one of my alts to 80 much faster! ^_^