Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ahh Krethos my bad, you are quite right.

It would be nice i suppose to have some more horde Pally options i guess. Though i wouldn't want to bend lore too much. Goblins are out. Trolls and Orcs..Ehhh, neither are really that fitting. Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Undead paladins would require the light to bestow its power on Evil Undead, which isn't going to happen.

inb4 "undead holy preists" they are only holy by gameplay mechanic, lorewise they are shadowpriests.

sigh too late.. people that don't understand difference between lore and gameplay mechanics irritate me.
    Just a note, priests of any race derive their power from faith towards a deity/entity, and not from a direct blessing from said deity/entity like shamans/druids.

The only reason most undead lack any affinity with the holy light is because they've lost their "faith" towards the holy light, and because use of holy spells is damaging to the undead.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-11-20 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batman13cr View Post
    i realize i may be overly justifying the possibility because i want a horde paladin that can fit through doors and not look metro but i think if dwarf shaman are possible then maybe anythings possible (holds breath)
    The wildhammer Dwarves have always been Shaman, just the Ironforge dwarves weren't, as dwarves common ancestor were the Earthen, and thus directly related to the elements.

I'm starting to think you are just trolling now, as people can not really be this ignorant, or can they, I severely hope not.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Isn't there an official Blizzard response regarding this, and that the reasoning behind undead priests using light to heal is purely a game mechanic and that paladins are beings of pure light that is the polar opposite to undead? And I think they mentioned that Sir Zeliek is at odds with being an undead, which is so so so blatantly, blatantly obvious in Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    From a Lore perspective, an undead should not be able to wield the light. (Priests were only able to be shadow etc) as using the light physically hurts the undead. Obviously in wow they could not just make a race unable to go holy priest/Disc. But I think making them able to go a class that is essentially based around the light, and that holds the light in some sort of reverence would be a bit too far of a stretch.

The only way i'd like to really see it is if they were given some sort of "Corrupted" light, something unholy (Think of the undead pallies in icecrown near the Argent Vanguard) That could make it viable.

But yeah, from a lore perspective they are prob the second least likely race to become pallies, after Goblins :P. Though if they were to b introduced i'd imagine the story would be something based around a Pally dying, being resurrected and holding his faith in the light even in undeath or something like that.
    Who knows, we've seen stranger things.
    AKA the 1 of the four horseman that is in naxx, Sir Zelliek. basically he is not in control of his body, the LK is, but he is in control of his mind, so he can wield the light. Acccording to blizz, he REALLY hates himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should really just make every race/class combo possible if they do this, which I'd be fine with. If there can be undead holy/discipline priests, and blood elves can bend the light to their will there's no reason there can't be undead paladins. As for someone saying "channeling holy power causes them pain and to regain their senses etc. etc.", that's no different than if they're a priest doing the same thing. I know I know, doesn't make sense in lore blah blah blah. Neither do tauren paladins, dwarf shamans, or gnome priests but they're in the game, so deal with it.

Everyone saying how ridiculous it is well...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46092

Your move!

Quote Originally Posted by gwenners View Post
    Everyone saying how ridiculous it is well...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46092

Your move!
    She is not a Forsaken, she is a Risen, Forsaken are humans killed and resurrected by the plague, Risen are Humans Re-animated by Dreadlords.

Your move..

She is not a Forsaken, she is a Risen, Forsaken are humans killed and resurrected by the plague, Risen are Humans Re-animated by Dreadlords.

Your move..
    There's no real difference.

Deleted
    I wanted an undead paladin since cata race/class change was announce

I don't think this will ever happen

I sense incoming nerd-rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    How has no one dropped Sir Zeliek's name yet?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Well there is, but I couldn't be bothered trying to explain something to people I can tell don't have the logical thought-process to understand anyway.

Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    How has no one dropped Sir Zeliek's name yet?
    An exception does not dictate a rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast holy wrath ...... You have stunned urself ... sounds cool
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

to the people saying it doesn't make sense to have undead pallies, i just have 2 words for you: Sir Zeliek

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 01:22 AM ----------

Well there is, but I couldn't be bothered trying to explain something to people I can tell don't have the logical thought-process to understand anyway.

Good day sir.

An exception does not dictate a rule.
    but an exception does allow for the possibility

Signature by Kenz

Reanimated Captains and Crusaders say hello.

What with their spells:

Unholy Light
    and
    Hammer of Injustice

Here's the thing, for you folks citing all the lore reasons suggesting we should not get Forsaken Paladins (which would just be the gameplay mechanic -- they, like Sunwalkers and Blood Knights, would draw their power from a source other than drawn upon by Alliance paladins):

Blizz has stated themselves that gameplay > lore. See Worgen and Goblin DeathKnights. They can make anything they want fit into their lore ... because it's their lore.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I read somewhere before (it may have been a blue, it may not) that undead priests develop a sort of tolerance for the light. That it's painful to use, but they use it anyways. Kind of like those monks that constantly discipline themselves in the name of God.

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    to the people saying it doesn't make sense to have undead pallies, i just have 2 words for you: Sir Zeliek

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 01:22 AM ----------

but an exception does allow for the possibility
    very well, blizzard will make so there can be one undead pally per server, no more.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Good day sir.
    lmao what a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    A Paladins holy power hurts the undead. My thought on this would be an undead Paladin would destroy itself if it used the power of the holy light.

Undead Paladin = A no!