Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    SWTOR's success can only be a great thing for MMOs in general. Blizz have held the market practically without competition for a long time. Now we have SWTOR, Rift and Guild Wars 2 coming on the scene. Competition is a great thing for us as consumers.

It's not so much SWTOR will "kill" World of Warcraft and their servers will empty. But it will compete.

That's awesome.

i agree with the statement.

but also want to further add, the people among the market you stated will get bored as others join. you can't really tell if an mmo will make it until u wait 3 months then look at its numbers.

but swtor will define itself because unlike the other wow killers it can be defined by a much stronger single player experience.
    even with the weak raid content. everything ive heard from the beta testers i personally know say its like playing a a co op kotor
    no community and no incentive to form one with a single player campaign being the main focus will make most mmo players shy away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    SWTOR's success can only be a great thing for MMOs in general. Blizz have held the market practically without competition for a long time. Now we have SWTOR, Rift and Guild Wars 2 coming on the scene. Competition is a great thing for us as consumers.

It's not so much SWTOR will "kill" World of Warcraft and their servers will empty. But it will compete.

That's awesome.
    Something about a nail and a hammer and about it hitting it in some sort of concentric adverb, i.e. squarely on it's head....kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

That's awesome.
    Yep, thats something I'd hope everyone could realize. Just play what you like the best and make the different companies compete to hold you as their customer. I personally already thank BioWare for my free D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    sadly so many people come on these forums bent on ruining the experience for others and talking shit without having anything to back it up
    sounds like you been reading MOP threads.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clanner View Post
    i agree with the statement.

but also want to further add, the people among the market you stated will get bored as others join. you can't really tell if an mmo will make it until u wait 3 months then look at its numbers.

but swtor will define itself because unlike the other wow killers it can be defined by a much stronger single player experience.
    even with the weak raid content. everything ive heard from the beta testers i personally know say its like playing a a co op kotor
    no community and no incentive to form one with a single player campaign being the main focus will make most mmo players shy away
    That's the feeling I got. KOTOR based MMO. Not that that is bad, per say.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I played a Beta Weekend, and it was interesting. I mean, I will still prefer WoW over TOR, and TOR felt clunky compared to WoW (I played a trooper), it will probably draw in the more Sci-Fi and Star Wars oriented fans.

I imagine Eve, ST:O, and other Sci-Fi mmos will be hit harder than WoW would in terms of people leaving to play the other game. I imagine a lot of SW:TOR people will have their WoW accounts open to continue playing with friends, or raid, and play TOR in their off time. Or, vice versa.

ToR, by far, has the better single player experience. But, from the dungeon runs I did (it was all low level, mind you) it didn't quite capture the quality WoW dungeons have.

I can also see all the story / interactive parts getting really old on your second to third alt going through, on the dungeon runs, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What userbase you ask? The userbase that is into Bioware games, SWG refugees, disgruntled fans of other MMOs (including WoW) looking for something different, and Star War fans.
    Just wanted to say that I am every one of these, can't wait for the game.

I do agree with you on the alternative vs. replacement. My wow sub is cancelled at the moment, but I will most likely go back for 4.3 and juts play to raid, while spending spare time relaxing and having fun in SWTOR

Only the whiners want to see WoW dead for some reason, and they're too daft to figure out for themselves that WoW has been around for 7 years and still going strong. No other MMO will kill this game, ESPECIALLY not a friggin' Star Wars themed one...seriously, SW = you have to be appealed by the theme, fantasy is easier to just get yourself into.

People said Rift would kill WoW, it's gotten nowhere close. They say SWTOR will, that's wrong. They say GW2 will, and even though I love that game, it won't...it's too different from the traditional MMO.

So yeah...haters gonna hate, but they're only making themselves look silly when they sit and rage and wish for a game to die just because THEY failed at it/got bored.