Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Addon to alert you when not behind target?

hello i play a Feral druid and in big groups of mods its hard to see if your behind the target for Shred. Is there a addon that helps with this?

Thanks

Deleted
    Zooming the camera might help,dunno if there is an addon for this

I highly doubt a mod exists that will tell you if you're behind the target. My main reasoning is that Blizz does not allow people to create macros with positioning flags (aka: do this if you're behind the target, otherwise do this), so I doubt they'd allow it for addons. It's pretty much due to the fact that Blizz doesn't want "one-button optimal rotation" macros to exist.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

droodfocus is probably the closest thing you can get that warns you when you cannot shred as it will pop up a Circle Arrow icon when you aren't behind the target and a X icon when you are out of range

There is no such addon. And its not possible to create such addon.

Some addons can intercept your client "you should be behind your target" message and create custom warning for it, but you have to use your shred ability to trigger it. Also it will be abstract message, you will never know where to run and how long you should run to get behind the target.

There is addons that does something like it.

I cant remember wich one i have, but it has a small green or red "lamp" that indicates if i can shred of not, i never really pay any attention to it since i can useally see if im behind the target, or else pay attention to where the tank is since most mobs will be facing him.

In random 5man hc, i useally just mark the tank wich helps me with positioning.

Eyes are always a good one.....

The game tells you when you're not behind someone as ambush/shred/backstab aren't usable otherwise and it tells you...

I am not being mean, or sarcastic. If you cannot tell something that is so fundamental to your class, I would re-roll.

Deleted
    I think the following macro will work:

/cast NameOfTheMoveYouUseBehindTheTarget
    /cast SomeOtherMove

If the first move can't be done, you'll do the second one. Someone correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaloezie View Post

/cast SomeOtherMove

true but this is not what he asks for.
    but could you not just get a addon that is near your char or buffs/debuff or whereever you looking all the time. and fade out a bit when you can't do a shred?

10+ Year Old Account

/cast SomeOtherMove

No it doesn't. Otherwise you would be able to make one button rotations.

If I am not mistaken you will just always use the first move written down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    No it doesn't. Otherwise you would be able to make one button rotations.

If I am not mistaken you will just always use the first move written down.
    This macro works:

/cast Kill Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot

Kill Shot if possible, otherwise Explosive shot.

I'd guess use PowerAuras, and set up an aura to pop up when Shred is unusable. ("Action Usable" and use Inverse thing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I'd guess use PowerAuras, and set up an aura to pop up when Shred is unusable. ("Action Usable" and use Inverse thing)
    I think this is the best solution so far

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Not going to work.
    If you icon is not red(and its not red when you are behind the target), it will show spell as usable.

As I said the only way to check if you are behind the mob is to use shred on it and look at error message. There is no other ways.

Finding back in the game sometimes is pretty complicated. Where is the back of an egg? Or the back of the tentacle(there are a lot of tentacles in DS)?
    WTF is the back of an egg actually?

Shouldn't be shredding a large pack of mobs anyway. And you don't lose DPS (other than potential white damage) from not being able to shred for a second or two because you didn't notice the boss turning, as long as you don't energy cap.

I'm glad there is no addon for this. Sick of Feral becoming easier and easier.

On topic. The best addon is your eyes. Your best option is to simply train yourself to glance at the boss more often instead of staring at your timers.

This macro works:

/cast Kill Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot

Kill Shot if possible, otherwise Explosive shot.
    Unless they've changed it, I don't think that has worked since early Wrath when they put Kill Shot on the GCD...

I use two addons for this. One is called "eyes", the other is called "brain".

/cast SomeOtherMove

Let's say this work, the main issue is that shred cost more energy then mangle, so some time you will use mangle instead of shred, but only because you have enough energy for mangle, not because of the position. Same for sub with hemo et backstack
    Last edited by Zequill; 2011-11-21 at 02:00 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Moved this to Interface and Macros hoping someone could help you with it.