Deleted

Marauder or Asassin?

Short and to the point. In terms of damage, apealing playstile and pvp which do you guys think rankes supreme?

Deleted
    I think being an ewok fisherman makes you able to deal the most dps with OP crafted salmon weapons

Deleted
    pls poast usefull info

15+ Year Old Account
    Its down to your own playstyle and what you like.

Deleted
    I havent played beta so cant help you but abit off topic. I'm gonna play assasin just looks freaking cool.
    Only thing that puts me of is looks like alot of player gonna be playing assasins mite be hard to get in groups

Deleted
    Idd. My dilema is isit going to be too squishy, or will the maurader be a walking target (no stelath and ppl know they need to take you down quick) I played a warrior in wow and i love the in you're face action but ppl always focus you down from miles away and it gets boring. But on the other hand if you have a stealth class it is nice to sneek around and blow ppl up but if one thing gose wrong (like 2 enemy playres apearing out of nowhere you really have a hard time to live and tell the tale, altho you can wanish and go away sometimes but a maurader in 3vs one is doomed but can maby handle 2 better... my got too many scenarios help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klan View Post
    Idd. My dilema is isit going to be too squishy, or will the maurader be a walking target (no stelath and ppl know they need to take you down quick) I played a warrior in wow and i love the in you're face action but ppl always focus you down from miles away and it gets boring. But on the other hand if you have a stealth class it is nice to sneek around and blow ppl up but if one thing gose wrong (like 2 enemy playres apearing out of nowhere you really have a hard time to live and tell the tale, altho you can wanish and go away sometimes but a maurader in 3vs one is doomed but can maby handle 2 better... my got too many scenarios help
    Marauders will have a 3 second stealth that they can use in combat and removes all bad effects, but other than that the gameplay is similar to that of a fury warrior. An assassin will play very much like a rogue.

Deleted
    ok something usefull tnx, one more question than... I figured mara=furry warr, but those that mean dps speced juggernaut will be better for pvp like an arms warr was or is this a whole different ballgame.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 09:33 PM ----------

Couse i must admit mara looks coll with 2 lightsabers but i'm more of a traditional cind of guy, meaning: even tho you have 2 flashy lightsabers, i'm so leat i'll kick you're ass with only one

I had a limited look at assasin.

I tried to go tanking direction/tree because it would be more useful.

For the first several levels it is not easy getting/keeping threat. You get a taunt around 16-17 but other then that you have to rely on a very small boost of threat from dark charges. Up to level 20 at ;least it is just easier to tank with Khem val since he has a tanking stance and a taunt he can use a lot. AoE threat is extra hard. This could all improve at higher levels though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok something usefull tnx, one more question than... I figured mara=furry warr, but those that mean dps speced juggernaut will be better for pvp like an arms warr was or is this a whole different ballgame.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 09:33 PM ----------

Couse i must admit mara looks coll with 2 lightsabers but i'm more of a traditional cind of guy, meaning: even tho you have 2 flashy lightsabers, i'm so leat i'll kick you're ass with only one
    The Sith Warrior sacrifices damage for more mitigation due to its heavy armor, so yeah, it may be a bit better for PvP than the Marauder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith Warrior ACs = Maurader wears medium. Jug wears heavy.

I'd go check out sithwarrior.com there's some really good theory information there for both ACs.

Deleted
    Cheers guys will do that

15+ Year Old Account
    Difference between armor tier is only 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    The resource system of marauder is going to be built around building up for big hits, and then using your rage to use them. The assassin is going to be about managing an easily drained resource bar and making good choices.

Deleted
    Looked up some info and i think the thing that made my decision is the fact that i just love that reckless play stile of a warrior more than the sneeking about of a rougue. Ofc the rougue will have more fun but when i paly a warrior i think: Look at me... Do you see me? Good. I'm comming for you and nothing is going to stop me untill i kill you. No honor in hiding, so i'll just runn up to you and slice you up.
    Last edited by mmoc19833400d6; 2011-11-20 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Looked up some info and i think the thing that made my decision is the fact that i just love that reckless play stile of a warrior more than the sneeking about of a rougue. Ofc the rougue will have more fun but when i paly a warrior i think: Look at me... Do you see me? Good. I'm comming for you and nothing is going to stop me untill i kill you. No honor in hiding, so i'll just runn up to you and slice you up.
    its all about the double team rogues . one as bait, the other waiting in the shadows... you attack, you get whooped

*we then run off laughing and re-stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its much better in reality. You won't just run up, you'll do a monstrous force leap from halfway across the room and land with your saber through their face

Deleted
    Can't wait

I didnt play a marauder, but i did have an assassin, from what ive seen the marauder is more like a dps warrior in wow ( i so freaking hate compring stuff to wow)
    The assassin was a ton of fun to play, i may even change my mind from rolling a juggernaut to an assassin, will depend on how this weekends beta goes.
    The assassin was a stealth, attack from behind and shock em with lightning type class, and you can even go the tank rout with it witch is a huge plus in my eyes.

Plus your companion Kem Val is just so freaking bad ass looking.

I really enjoied the assassin though, nice mix of saber strikes and some range ablities, they have a cc spell, and even a couple stun spells they can use. And you get the double bladded lightsaber.