Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Profile, you can see the old one has some teeth showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    indeed, the chuck norris model is only slightly touched up.. With a new head and hair model ;p

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 07:23 PM ----------

A quick face comparison:

... Seeing those two side by side... The female worgen got a severe shaft. Seriously, did they fire the team that did the old and the new ones refused to use the old design?
    I would LOVE the alpha style worgen females. They looked like they belonged in WoW. Yes they were animesque, but they fit. The current worgen... those abominations do not fit. Maybe in some more realistic game where the worgen are instead non-playable villains, but not as a playable race in world of warcraft.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

The majority of WoW players cried out for a change in the female Worgen appearance as soon as they changed it from the alpha appearance to the beta appearance. People HATED the bloodshot eyes and snarl after the initial design.

Yet no matter how much players begged for Blizzard to revert the changes back to the alpha model, their pleas fell on deaf ears. These will, too.

(Though we still hope they'll change the female Worgen model. I went back to Night Elf because I could NOT stand their appearance.)
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Even though I already like the current female worgen model, I wouldn't mind going back to the alpha worgen female face model.

Not the alpha hairstyles though, I think they look terrible. The current hairstyles are much better.
    yeah they really need color options though. And maybe some way not to look awful with a helm on lol. I wish there was greater variety though.

for those who havent seen.
    Last edited by starlord; 2011-11-22 at 03:59 AM.

indeed, the chuck norris model is only slightly touched up.. With a new head and hair model ;p
    The head wasn't different. If you look closer, they included a new hair style and facial hair. But otherwise, the head model is the same as the old, just more advanced. Special facial hair and new hairstyle, hardly equals a new head.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    The head wasn't different. If you look closer, they included a new hair style and facial hair. But otherwise, the head model is the same as the old, just more advanced. Special facial hair and new hairstyle, hardly equals a new head.
    The jaw is completely different.. I think its the same head kalecgos & varian use.

I want a tail, otherwise current worgens are fine.

Even though this is old, I might as well post it again. It combines many of the arguments in one image. You guys can post it around if you want, just make sure you credit me (either call me Rachel or hitsujifox).
    Anyways, the females were supposed to have eyeglow, but according to a friend who went to this past Blizzcon there was a lack of communication between the 2D artists and the modellers. There should be constant communication between those two teams.

IMHO, and not trollin here....

It's because its an alliance race in THE HORDE xpac. Yes, ill slightly agree that WotLK was the Alliance xpac as technically speacking in lore ICC didn't exisit for the horde.

But, this is just a simple extention of the fact the alliance is very low on the totem pole for blizzard. I wasn;t surprised to see the worgen models got the shaft and a half and the goblins where awesome. Since mid wotlk, its been a screwjob and a half directed at the alliance. I don't see that changing in the near future. If/when they redo the models.....i'm sure thrall will have half a million pixels for his beard and the king will get 6 for his face. As Metzen's ego won't allow for anything else.

DISCLOSURE: I play both factons.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

yes it's well known that Alliance players are expected to pay twice as much for half the Blizz love and that every player who has only horde toons across all the realms gets a free month of play time each year.
    -----
    on topic
    --------
    Thank you for your post Rachel, it nicely sums up what I feel is wrong with the female worgen. Even though I leveled one to see their starter zone I can't stand looking at it's face as it just makes me think of http://chickswithstevebuscemeyes.tumblr.com/ and that my worgen has some sort of brain swelling with that brow over hanging everything.

Wow thank you rachel, that about sums it up for the females!

Thumbs up

Wow thank you rachel, that about sums it up for the females!
    This! It sums up pretty much everything that bothers me about female Worgen aside from the legs being too long for Running Wild.

It also sums up how much better they could have been... man, it's a bit heartbreaking. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    This! It sums up pretty much everything that bothers me about female Worgen aside from the legs being too long for Running Wild.

It also sums up how much better they could have been... man, it's a bit heartbreaking. :P
    Indeed, its a real shame. Since blizz has admitted they were not well recieved and with the upcoming revamp of other races, perhaps there is a glimmer of hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice thought, but at this point it's highly unlikely. If they're going to touch up anything, it'll be the heinously outdated vanilla models.

1. Give the mane of both genders color customization. It could be argued that this could lead to some incogruous combinations, but so what? Its already possible to make, for example, dark skinned humans with blonde hair.
    Ehh...if anything, I'd make the color of the ruff match a little more closely with the base fur color.

2. Give the males more fur colors. 5 is less than even tauren.
    That, and you don't even really get black or white fur options—just charcoal-gray or silver-gray.

3. Match the human forms better to the worgen form. Tie fur color to human hair color in the same way druid forms are.
    Hell to the yes.

4. The females, where to begin.... I feel the best solution would be to revert them to their alpha model, which was superior in quality, customization, and (in my opinion) intangibles such as aesthetics and character.
    Failing that, at least make their eyes glow like the males, in addition to mane/hair color customizations.
    I'd say "revert to the alpha and refine." The alpha model could have used work (a proper ruff instead of the incongruous wig-hair). The trouble is that the revamp went in entirely the wrong direction: Jessica Rabbit + Goofy (with '80s glam-rocker hair that's no closer to a proper ruff, and inescapable at that).

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I for one would not be pleased to login expecting my snarly worgen to find a feline-fox hybrid wearing a glued on anime wig.
    That is neither an accurate description of the live model or the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kria View Post
    Why is it male worgens have glowing eyes but females don't? Love to hear the excuse
    Rumor has it that it's just one more way in which the revamped model got bollixed in the rush to get it playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Looking at the alpha female worgen faces in the post above mine, most of them also have somewhat of a :3 smile, so that's not actually a new thing.
    The thing is, it was actually exaggerated (much like most of the rest of the complaints about the alpha model).

Since blizz has admitted they were not well recieved and with the upcoming revamp of other races, perhaps there is a glimmer of hope.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I ain't holding my breath.

Also: OH HAI, Roulette!

The alpha female worgen model was a great start. My only problem with it was that it was too... generic I guess. It was just a wolf girl, not a worgen. But it is MUCH better than the derpchihuahua we have now. Refine the alpha, give it the trademark worgen canines, and give it a scruff or mane instead of wigs, maybe even thicken the body a bit, and it would've been perfect. It had a proud, classy look the derpchihuahua doesn't have. It looked intelligent, and it was beautiful (real wolves are beautiful in my opinion, so I've no problem with the female worgen being beautiful), but it was still capable of looking vicious in battle.

And anyone who says the alpha model looked like a fox or feline, and that the current model resembles a wolf better needs to be smacked with a National Geographic magazine. Several times.

Edit: By the way, new person here. Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    The alpha female worgen model was a great start. My only problem with it was that it was too... generic I guess. It was just a wolf girl, not a worgen. But it is MUCH better than the derpchihuahua we have now. Refine the alpha, give it the trademark worgen canines, and give it a scruff or mane instead of wigs, maybe even thicken the body a bit, and it would've been perfect. It had a proud, classy look the derpchihuahua doesn't have. It looked intelligent, and it was beautiful (real wolves are beautiful in my opinion, so I've no problem with the female worgen being beautiful), but it was still capable of looking vicious in battle.
    This. It was elegant without being obnoxiously cute, actually snarled in combat but never made that weird grimace face that's your only option with the live, and had a wide variety of different base expressions at rest. (The wary one with yellow eyes, as seen in my icon, was my personal favorite.)

And anyone who says the alpha model looked like a fox or feline, and that the current model resembles a wolf better needs to be smacked with a National Geographic magazine. Several times.
    Yep. (And for anyone who doesn't believe it? See also: Rachel's chart.)

Edit: By the way, new person here. Hi!
    Are you the same Seyna who's a rogue at the awful forums? Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Are you the same Seyna who's a rogue at the awful forums? Hi there!
    Aye, that's me.

Really, my greatest, GREATEST issue with the derpchihuahua was that shortly before Cata was released, Blizzard told us that the female worgen were unfinished. No changes, none that I noticed, where added to them when Cata went live. So, we all payed for an expansion where the new races were the biggest feature, with one of the race/gender combos being unfinished.

I do believe Blizzard owes it to us to fix them up.

Also, I played with WoW Model Viewer, and my alpha ended up with the same wary face. Yay! XD Guess I like yellow-eyed worgen, as all my males have the same face.
    Last edited by Seyna Starstrider; 2011-11-27 at 08:35 PM.

I play a female worgen and don't think they need polished up. I love them as they are

IMO, they just need to fix the stout on the female worgen and the eyes. The eyes are really whats terrible about female worgen. Too much cartoon, not enough ferocious. IMO, alpha eyes with live would fix it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.