Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I've been thinking of getting a new headset recently but can't afford to spend much on them. In the 80-100$ range what would you guys recommend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a new headset recently but can't afford to spend much on them. In the 80-100$ range what would you guys recommend?
    Well the past 7 pages has been nothing but headset discussion so look up the prices on the most frequently recommended ones and decide?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well the past 7 pages has been nothing but headset discussion so look up the prices on the most frequently recommended ones and decide?
    Get out of here with your logic! Some people....sheesh.

So.....can anyone recommend me a decent sound card under $100? >.> Bass management with onboard sucks. No real way to strengthen the way bass comes out.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    So.....can anyone recommend me a decent sound card under $100? >.> Bass management with onboard sucks. No real way to strengthen the way bass comes out.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132007

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the D1 better than the DX? Because I was looking at the both of them.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    Is the D1 better than the DX? Because I was looking at the both of them.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/468495/di...onar-d1-and-dx

10+ Year Old Account
    Touché salesman. I, too, have an uncle.
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    What do you guys think about razor megeledon, are they good and what is the best headset for about 200$
    My friends and I all bought Razer Megalodon and we all regret it now... being on any voice com is terrible because there is static/white noise 24/7 and no adjustment done to the controller or in win7 will help with that. You can even find youtube videos of people complaining about the annoying noise.

I will not recommend you buy Razer at all. Used to work in a IT store and we bought these home especialy for ourselves .... 1100dkr aprox 200 dollars - waste of money! And oh do i feel bad about selling the one pair we kept in the store for sale.... that guy won't be happy.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Sound quality aside, any recommendations for comfortable headsets? I am not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination ($5 ear buds and my monitor's built in speakers are both perfect quality as far as my ears are concerned) but for my upcoming build I want a head set that is extremely comfortable to be worn for long periods of time and won't break. I have a bad habit of headsets either losing sound in one ear or getting frayed wires after a few months to a year. I'm going through the previous 7 pages and checking out the different comments, but a lot of them are based on sound quality.

Logitech G930 was the one I was looking at the most, but am still in the looking stage.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

The Siberia v2 is very comfortable. The Sennheiser PC360 as well, but not quite near the quality of the Siberia v2 in that regard, which is one of the few points I have to give it praise for. (The quality of the cord and the design [but not quality] of the microphone are other high-points)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Logitech G930 was the one I was looking at the most, but am still in the looking stage.
    I believe I said this earlier in the thread, but the Logitech headsets (G35/G930) are quite terrible in terms of comfort. They are quite hard on your head and it will be hard to continue to play for long periods of time with the headset on.

Then again, my Audio Technica with velour might have spoiled me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any thoughts regarding the Creative HS-1200? It seems like a reasonably priced wireless headset that could fit what the OP was using it for.

For half the price of the G930's, it deserves a look.
    Last edited by casby; 2011-12-07 at 07:22 PM.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."