Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Would you play wow if you had 200-300 ms ping at all times ?

my problem is that the minimum ping i can have to outside of my country is 200ms .(it's related to some filters my government has put on our internet , so changing my ISP wont help).
    and as far as i know there isn't an official server inside my country .
    For that i assume there is no way to fix it .
    So would you play if you had this problem ?

Played that way for years.
    One of my fellow raiders still plays that way and does fine.

I would play WoW if I had to pedal a stationary bicycle to keep my computer running. But I'm a loyalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
    my problem is that the minimum ping i can have to outside of my country is 200ms .(it's related to some filters my government has put on our internet , so changing my ISP wont help).
    and as far as i know there isn't an official server inside my country .
    For that i assume there is no way to fix it .
    So would you play if you had this problem ?
    used to play at 200 back home in syria but after having moved to canada i dont think i can play @ 200 anymore XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarwood View Post
    I would play WoW if I had to pedal a stationary bicycle to keep my computer running. But I'm a loyalist.
    That's really funny with your avatar pic.

I live in LA and for most of my time in WoW played on a server located in Boston and New York, and my ingame pings were usually around there, and I did just fine.
    Yub Yub

I don't really have problems until 300+, although I do prefer to be under 100 (of course), which is around where I normally sit (to give you an idea of how little of a problem even being 100-250 or so is)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    200 really isn't that bad. When you start getting over 500 it becomes really noticeable, especially in pvp. One of the problems it WoWs old net code. It is pretty bad. But in pve, even 1000 is doable, though it is hardly ideal. Some people would gladly take 200, so I really don't see why you are complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    200 is fine i know a guy who used to play with 3000ms ping and he did just fine. If your complaining about 200 ms ping then you really don't have enough to keep you busy do you?

Yes, I would play like that as that would be an improvement for me. Right now I play at 5-700.

The majority of my entire country is stuck in the 400-800 zone. It's unpleasant.
    Last edited by Gorthalis; 2011-11-21 at 05:05 AM.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

Bwahahahaha I count myself lucky to be under 600.

200 is more than playable. You're lucky, I'm sure you'll cope.

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    200 is fine i know a guy who used to play with 3000ms ping and he did just fine.
    i find that extremely hard to believe. there's no way you can do "just fine" with 3000ms

Australian.. so yeah..

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When I raided in BC my ping was rarely below 800, so yeah. I could, but I would not be happy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    250+ most of the time, 300+ in raids.
    Living in Australia has its perks, but connection speed isn't really on of them.

Thanks for your answers guys . you encouraged me to start playing again

i usually play at 500ms

I had to play on satellite internet for around a year, my latency was 600-1000 on a good day. On another note, have you looked into leatrix latency fix? might help ya a little, check it out on wowinterface.com I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    180 - 230 give or take, used to be worse, used to sit around 500-600 and I still did fine.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD