10+ Year Old Account

Are there achievements?

Hey, so im a big fan of achieves on wow but i am really looking forward to swtor.. just wondering if there are achieves like wow?

Thanks

Deleted
    It doesn't have achievements at this time , but bioware announced it will have them @ launch.

in my opinion ... achievements are just sentences in yellow ... but seems many consider them to mean something ... dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    It doesn't have achievements at this time , but bioware announced it will have them @ launch.

in my opinion ... achievements are just sentences in yellow ... but seems many consider them to mean something ... dunno
    Gives me something 2 do tho, they can be very fun

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Gives me something 2 do tho, they can be very fun
    They were not in on any of the beta phases. BioWare has said they will release them at launch. I'm guessing the open beta will have the achievements. According to the last patch notes I didn't see anything about achievements.

Deleted
    Well there aren't any achievements in game right now , that I can guarantee .

and bioware guarantees that there will be @ launch ...

I know I can be trusted ... dunno bout bioware ... hehehehehe
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-11-21 at 09:13 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad to hear this as achievement hunting can be a fun mini-game within the game and can be a HUGE part of the game for some people. IRL buddy of mine is a achievement hunter in WoW...as in that is pretty much all that guy does. He only raids current content...to get achievements...and hosts achievement hunts for old raids/content on his server (which I guess are quite popular).

I would link him some sweet upgrade and he'd link me some insane achieve he just got that requires you to do a backflip off a crockalisk in Vash'ir on the fifth Sunday of February without getting wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a sucker for achievements. I have a disgusting amount on my xbo360 account (150k+ before I sold it a year or so back) and around 11k+ on my WoW character.

I'm sure SWTOR won't be any different. It's not even that I play more than other people, I am just constantly doing something ingame rather than just talking/idling.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love achievements for the "pokemon" factor. Of course it's just text, but so is a diploma and that's supposed to mean something :P I just think achievements adds longevity. I hope they will be account-wide to encourage alts.

While there aren't achievements as we would call them in WoW (i.e. a long checklist with points), you DO get title rewards for completing certain tasks. For example, completing the Balmorra Bonus Series quest chain provides you with "Name, Conquerer of Balmorra." There are other title "achievements" in the game that give you codex entries.