Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yeah I sold a lot of stuff before they made it worth more than a few silver to... now some stuff (cases and animal chest) are worth 200g and they come up quite frequently.

Professor title is relatively easy since they added more rares a patch or two ago. But it is pretty damn hard to do if you only ever dig on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, which it appears the OP is doing. Spend some time in Outland/Northrend and get the easy-as-pie rares there and you'll get your title. Can't help on the mount, as I'm waiting for the buff in 4.3 before I go for it.

I actually got my Tol'vir mount as my 20th rare solve.

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

There is a buff in 4.3?

10+ Year Old Account
    apparantly you can get up to 9 fragments, nothing officially confirmed as far as i'm aware though (was a blood elf the picture showed, not a dwarf (racial))

woot, that will make things go alot faster

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uphoria/simple

I have professor with the trinket and whatnot. I have the raptor and I believe all of the mini pets. I do not have the bug mount or what I originally started for was the plan for the alchemy mount. Basically I got Professor and then started slacking, kind of like how real professors behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Professor was relatively easy for me. Still missing the Tol'Vir mount though
    Same here.

Completed it 100%.

Troll Solves: 415 (Sword being the 415th)
    Night Elf Solves: 332 (Doll being the 332nd)
    Dwarf Solves: 202 (Staff being the 202nd)
    Fossil Solves: 351 (Shield being the 351st)
    Tol'vir Solves: 620 (Scarab being the 620th)
    Nerubian Solves: 52
    Vrykul Solves: 28
    Orc Solves: 31
    Draenei solves: 41

Keep in mind, I did collect more of each race, the numbers were recorded when I received the last possible rare/vendor item. Like many others, I finished off each race with a Rare item with the exception of Orc. Total solves equal out to 2072. Out of those 2072, I had solved 7 of the rare vendor item for Dwarf and 21 of the Silver Scroll for Nightelf. Makes pretty good money. I received the title and the mount quite recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Hey guys I just want to see how many people have actually achieved the Professor Title or gotten the Tol'Vir mount... I decided to create this thread after I finished my 3000'th Tol"Vir Solve, with several thousand Night Elf, Fossil, Dwarf, and Troll solves as well and I still can get rares from them
    Here are my solves and what I still require

Night Elf 6347 - still need the doll
    Fossil 5168 - still need the shield
    Dwarf 1282 - still need the staff/pet
    Troll 3712 - still need pet/sword
    Tol'Vir 3000 - still need mount/staff/pet sword...

Also still havn't found 100 diff normal solves yet only at 73 >< At least you get some decent gold from it though....

So I ask you is the professor title and mount impossible to get or does it just require MONTHS of grinding?

EDIT if you did get the mount/title how long did it take?
    Honestly, I don't believe you. Run the command and post a SS of your solves.

Even if you were incredibly efficient, you should be seeing an average of 6-10 minutes per solve. I'll be generous and give you the 6 minutes. 6 minutes x 19509 solves = 1950 hours or 81 full days. That doesn't include any Nerubian, Orc, Vrykul, Draenei either. 10 min per solve = 3251 hours/135 days. The probability of missing that many rares with that many solves is astronomical. Post the real numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Professor was relatively easy for me. Still missing the Tol'Vir mount though
    Same here, professor didn't take much time at all, assuming you got a majority of the rares from outland and northrend (i was still missing at least 1 rare from both when I got professor)

Never got my tolvir bug mount.....gave up about 50 tolvir solves after I got professor... Probably still have 10+ tolvir hieroglyphics sitting in my bank, but lost hope of ever seeing the tolvir mount, claw pet, and even the staff..

Why are there people that dont believe that I havn't done this many solves, I have been at it since cata release, while waiting for dungeons and stuff so probably 2-3 hours a day... Its the same reason there are people that still don't have the green proto drake despite buying every 3 days for 2 years.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2011-11-22 at 01:33 AM.

Why are there people that dont believe that I havn't done this many solves,
    Tol'Vir 3000 - still need mount/staff/pet sword..
    Also still havn't found 100 diff normal solves yet only at 73 ><

Because of this. It simply can't be real. 73 grey items at 3k+ solves in Tol'vir? No way it's even possible. Also usually some people miss only 1-2 last Tol'vir rare on 600-800 solves while the rest procs pretty early. You say you miss 3 at 3000 solves. Same at fossils. Post an ingame screen with the script
    Last edited by Inde; 2011-11-22 at 05:40 AM.

first thing I'm pretty sure he's talking about fragments harvested and not solves, which would make results reasonable (especially considering what he told on his post history about time he dinged 85 and time he plays a week).

Also for the "different solves", it's not random as you can't get twice the same grey item of a race if you don't had at least once each of the one you have available (beware that some grey item only become available you dinged 425 even if the race was already available before), so to get all different grey all you need is get a few of each race.

And for the "when will it end", just be patient. I spend a lot of time the first month of cataclysme doing archeology, and I had 6500 unused NE fragment (on top of ~100solves) by the time I got the tolvir mount (as third tolvir rare) and decided to stop archeology
    Last edited by Bethan; 2011-11-22 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Got title, 24 rare solves...

I have the Title, but the mount seems far away .
    Don't know how many solves I made for which category, but I'm missing only few Items (troll-sword Zin'rokh (?), Thassarian's Staff, the Fossile Shield, the Tol'vir mount, the transmorph item of the Nerubians, the Tol'vir 1h sword... that should be all what I don't have yet)

That's a whole lot of solves.

I literally got every single rare within my first 100 solves in ever race.

I quit doing it after spending 9 hours straight without ever getting a single Tol'vir site.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the bug mount and the title (got it after they added some new rares though). I think the mount was my 29th solve. I actually wanted the sword and the NE trinket, neither of which I have; I haven't done much digging since spring.

Why are there people that dont believe that I havn't done this many solves, I have been at it since cata release, while waiting for dungeons and stuff so probably 2-3 hours a day... Its the same reason there are people that still don't have the green proto drake despite buying every 3 days for 2 years.
    If you really are claiming you have that many solves, not fragments, here's why I don't believe you:

It's been ~400 days since Cataclysm launched. The LOW estimate I gave for the time it would take to do that many solves was 1,950 hours. 1,950 hours/400 days = 4.875 hours of pure archaeology grinding every. single. day. for the last 400 days. I don't think so. So, you're either full of shit or mistaking fragments for solves. If the latter is the case (which I suppose is an easy mistake to make), then you must not have done many grinds in this game. Archaeology has a bad rap for a reason. It's horribly grindy and needs a major overhaul.

P.S. Since it appears that you don't use many keystones, your average solve time is probably more on the order of 8-10 minutes. Let's call it 8. So ~2600 hours to do 19509 solves. 2600 hours/400 days = 6.5 hours of archaeology per day. 10 minutes per solve = ~8 hours per day.
    Last edited by PJSand; 2011-11-23 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling