Thread: Battered Hilt

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Battered Hilt

Hiya, I have been farming the battered hilt for an alt on my main character but after nearly a hundred runs it still hasn't dropped for me.

Im beginning to wonder if it wont drop for my main as I have completed the quest... Has anyone had the Hilt drop for them AFTER completing the quest?

Answers much appreciated

It can styl drop for you , it just have 0,001% drop rate from HC trash

Deleted
    Yes you can loot on same character as many times as you like, but you won't be able to do quest second time as you know youself. I did had multiple drops back in day after completing quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it still drops, but there's this annoying bug at the moment that may have you get the Battered Hilt of the opposite faction to drop.
    I sent a ticket about this, the GM acknowledged the bug but still refused to change it to the version of my own faction.
    Cross your fingers. Took me three days of farming with about 6-8 hours per day to get the right version of the Battered Hilt to drop (I got two of the opposite faction meanwhile).
    I suggest Pit of Saron HC for this, as you can easily do Forge of Souls 5 times under a hour and therefore end up locked.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Deleted
    Are there any on your auction house? If your starting to feel fed up of farming it, try seeing how much it is on there, I doubt it will be thaat expensive now - If it still is too much to purchase, just keep going - its got to drop at some point

You could even leave it for a bit, and come back to it - I gave up on Anzu for a while, and the first time I went back to him, he dropped - might work?

Deleted
    Well its about 20k on my AH (thats when its even on there!) so I think I'll try to get it myself for a while yet lol.

Thanks for the answers though everyone

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to solo all three instances on HC daily a while back. Probably did each dungeon some 20-30 times. Never saw the Hilt drop. I did see it up on AH at one point... 85k.

I'm convinced it still drops, just feels like it's a lot lower drop rate than back Wotlk for some reason. In Wotlk I saw it drop 3 times I think, and I'm pretty sure I've done the place more in Cataclysm than I did in Wotlk.

I'm convinced it still drops, just feels like it's a lot lower drop rate than back Wotlk for some reason. In Wotlk I saw it drop 3 times I think, and I'm pretty sure I've done the place more in Cataclysm than I did in Wotlk.
    I sincerely doubt that, but so few people are doing the dungeons that the AH isn't flooded with them.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    I sincerely doubt that, but so few people are doing the dungeons that the AH isn't flooded with them.
    Yes, it doesn't make any sense that the drop rate would have been changed. It's just that I personally saw it drop a lot more often in Wotlk than I have now in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of interest, why are these selling for 20k?
    I can't see many reasons justifying that purchase.

OT/ RNG is RNG.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Well its about 20k on my AH (thats when its even on there!) so I think I'll try to get it myself for a while yet lol.
    You did nearly a hundred runs? If you just spend a bit of time to earning money you will get that 20k easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    Out of interest, why are these selling for 20k?
    I can't see many reasons justifying that purchase.

OT/ RNG is RNG.
    Supply is incredibly low, while there's still enough of a demand. The questline is fun to do and there's an achievement for it: the sword also looks really cool and is very suitable for an upcoming feature: Transmogrification!

So there's enough of a demand to justify that price. I'd even imagine it'd be a bit higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Supply is incredibly low, while there's still enough of a demand. The questline is fun to do and there's an achievement for it: the sword also looks really cool and is very suitable for an upcoming feature: Transmogrification!

So there's enough of a demand to justify that price. I'd even imagine it'd be a bit higher.
    I guess, i'm not the type of person who pays attention to questlines, so i hadn't thought of that.
    Not the type of person who pays attention to achievements without rewards (mounts/titles) either, so i hadn't thought of that.
    Not really the type of person who is THAT excited about transmog either (though i'll be rocking shaman t10) so i hadn't thought of that.

So fair enough! happy farming! :P
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Maples View Post
    You did nearly a hundred runs? If you just spend a bit of time to earning money you will get that 20k easy.
    Hiya, I have been farming the battered hilt for an alt
    It's right there in the first sentence of his OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maples View Post
    The reason I won't pay for it is because I am also farming the "got my mind on my money" ach... a full trash clear of Pit of Saron yeilds me approx 50+ gold looted so Im basically killing 2 birds with one stone.

Oh and I refuse to pay such a stupid price for this item cos Im mean lol

Holy hell. I picked one up on the AH about a week after Cata came out and I only paid 2k. 20k for an outdated weapon and the achievement is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    It's right there in the first sentence of his OP.
    rofl how is that relevant at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    Holy hell. I picked one up on the AH about a week after Cata came out and I only paid 2k. 20k for an outdated weapon and the achievement is ridiculous.
    Well, when you're going for them all, you're willing to pay a high price :P

Still have the Old Quel'Serrar in my bank.
    Good thing I kept it, won't have to farm that stupid battered hilt.

I have a battered hilt sitting in my bank right now. Back in Wrath, I ran those ICC heroics everyday gearing up my alts, and that was the only hilt that I saw drop. Good luck! I hope you get it