New boomkin cant seem to make any decent dps figure

hiya guys,

For some reason i cant get wrathcalcs to work and i am a new boomkin trying to improve my dps, is there any advice people can give on how to move forward.

My toon is

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...storm/advanced

And currently i am only managing about 15k dps and dont know what i am doing wrong

I have read guides and tried to follow them but it seems i am struggling to get anything decent from my character as it is

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 10:23 AM ----------

by the way i know i am missing some of the best enchants but am waiting to get some better gear before buying the best enchants, so i do realise its not 100% the best it can be currently but i dont have to gold to be buying and replacing the expensive enchants on a daily basis

Deleted
    Get 1929 haste, that break point is the important one even in T11 gear.
    You bought the healing trinket, the proc it gives will give you absolutely nothing. The dps trinket would have given you more haste, and a proc that's actually usefull.

Those 2 pvp pieces with only crit on them isn't gonna help you either.

TL;DR - You need more haste, pronto.

Deleted
    Forging out of haste is not cool! But yeah you need to be hitcapped I suppose...

Anyway, get rid of the pvp helmet and buy the JP one so you can put in a metagem. Spec and glyphs look ok, although there are some other choices you could make depending on your role or personal preference. If you are new to boomkin, Lunar Shower might very well be worth taking though. I don't think you need that many manacost reducing or mana regen talents tbh, even at your gearlevel.

Some nice addons that could help you get into the spec more are boomkinator and eclipse bar plus. Afaik they are up to date atm. Good luck, keep on reading those guides and practicing on dummies and raidbosses and you'll get there

Didn't see your update

Except from the enchants, pretty much what above posters said

Could also be something with your rotation

no tips on maximising dps rotation wise? any and all help is appreciated guys

Just wait a week and regear in the new 5mans + Raid finder, you'll make the haste req easily.

Re: Rotation

As you solar eclipse, refresh IS then SF, one cast before you leave solar refresh them. As you enter Lunar, Starfall then refresh IS then MF. Until you get a lot more haste you'll need to likely refresh them again before you leave Lunar.

Always try to refresh dots while natures grace is still active.

If you get a starsurge procc as you're about to enter an eclipse, its often worth saving it until you're in the eclipse.

Download Balance Power Tracker and learn the numbers of your rotation back to front

Is there an addon that tracks the natures grace proc and makes it obvious when its dropping off?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodevil View Post
    Just wait a week and regear in the new 5mans + Raid finder, you'll make the haste req easily.

Re: Rotation

As you solar eclipse, refresh IS then SF, one cast before you leave solar refresh them. As you enter Lunar, Starfall then refresh IS then MF. Until you get a lot more haste you'll need to likely refresh them again before you leave Lunar.

Always try to refresh dots while natures grace is still active.

If you get a starsurge procc as you're about to enter an eclipse, its often worth saving it until you're in the eclipse.

Download Balance Power Tracker and learn the numbers of your rotation back to front

Any buff tracker, dottimer, power auras whatever

also heres a rough list i smashed together real quick of a gear setup you can make next patch.

All of it available exclusively through 5mans and JP, if you raid obviously there are better options

http : / / ptr. wowhead. com/profile=33836341 (remove spaces)