Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using Laptops for gaming for near on 6 years now and no real issues at all. The only downside is the obvious small screen (but doesn't mean you can't plug a nice monitor in when at home! I run a 27" Samsung LED, the joys of HDMI) & limited upgrade options for obvious reasons.

Personally I stick by Toshiba, however am very impressed with what Dell are doing these days. You can usually find a very impressive lappy from them for relatively cheap on their online store.

I have a close friend who has advised me to steer clear of HP because of poor manufacturing, don't know if it's true or not but he knows his stuff.

Also if it's any help, I run SC2 on medium settings at about 30 - 50fps on my old Toshi and she's going on 2 years old. (2.13Ghz Centrino Dualcore, 4Gb RAM, RadeonHD3650 etc.)

Lastly yet perhaps not so relative due to you sharing your preferred budget, if you were after a "beast" in terms of Laptops/Gaming then I'd check out Alienware or again Dells XPS range.

Hope that was of some help :S

Deleted
    For a "mid range" as you said you might wona look in to Acer ones, you can usually squeeze a better deal there at this price, but you'll have to take the risk or getting a shitty build if you're not careful. Otherwise, check out Asus and Dell, they seem to have the best hardware right now at the top end and a nice selection of ex-top notch models for a lower budget.

Myself I'm an Asus fellow, been using them ever since I got my first one and never had major issues. The G series are really nice, but will cost you more. There are also the K and X series with some nice power.

Deleted
    I was thinking about this one:
    http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=638000#extra
    I'm going to keep on looking, but what might you guys have to say about this?

Deleted
    Oh, and forgot to tell, you can use http://www.notebookcheck.net/ for a quick info on any notebook/part. Don't take it as a verdict or a very reliable source, but you can see if a GPU is crap or if this particular model has some big drawbacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    I was thinking about this one:
    http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=638000#extra
    I'm going to keep on looking, but what might you guys have to say about this?
    Pretty good one, same specs as I found for that price range, and seeing you found the same-ish it's probably the best you're gonna get.

That GT540M's great for SC2 too, should run smooth on high (looking at notebookcheck).

Deleted
    So, it appears that particular laptop is no longer for sale by komplett. I then decided to look further, and found a few other candidates. However, I have some questions:
    When it comes to desktops, there are certain CPUs / GPUs you usually look for. Like the 2500K, or 560TI / HD6950. Those are pretty standard.
    Is this the case when it comes to laptops as well? Because I've seen a few laptops with the i5-2410M and a few with either GT 520 / 540M or the AMD 6470 / some other models. Is there any in particular that stands out? I also found one within the same price limit that had an i7-740QM and Radeon HD 6370.

So, asking once again about this whole shablam, even though I've already had some great advice !

10+ Year Old Account
    5000 SEK isn't much, but I did find this with a -17% on Komplett.se

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=648006
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

If you can find something in the i5-2410M (or higher number) GT 525M (or higher number) you'll likely play them at decent settings.

I wish you good luck. For 5000 SEK or equiv.-USD 713 it's impossible to find something that would play decently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    If you can find something in the i5-2410M (or higher number) GT 525M (or higher number) you'll likely play them at decent settings.

I wish you good luck. For 5000 SEK or equiv.-USD 713 it's impossible to find something that would play decently.
    Not looking for an actual gaming laptop. I just want something that can RUN games like SC2, on midi settings tops, when I'm away from my desktop. Most of the time it'll just be for schoolwork and whatnot. So a 6k SEK laptop should be plenty enough
    EDIT: Seems like komplett has a new offer; http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=647758#extra - looks pretty neat, is it worth it?
    Last edited by mmoc1e9e1a2368; 2011-11-26 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Not looking for an actual gaming laptop. I just want something that can RUN games like SC2, on midi settings tops, when I'm away from my desktop. Most of the time it'll just be for schoolwork and whatnot. So a 6k SEK laptop should be plenty enough
    The GT 525M - GT 555M are not gaming GPUs.

I got a lenovo y570 (http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-08622MU...5970393&sr=1-2) last week and I've fallen in love with it. Plays SC2 easily on high settings, Skyrim too. Haven't tried it with BF3/MW3, though, but I'm sure it could handle (low-mid settings though probably).
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Whatever you do stay away from laptops with any integrated Intel graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwrath View Post
    Whatever you do stay away from laptops with any integrated Intel graphics card.
    ... All Intel-laptops have them, though. You perhaps mean that they should have additional graphics as well?