Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feedback on Sentinel from Beta Players

How are Sentinals shaping up?

I've heard they are fine, but the official forums are on fire with rage.

Their complaints include, but aren't limited to:

-saber throw is gone and needs back in asap
    - leveling is harder and sents are having a "hard" time soloing elites
    - aoe is weak
    - bioware should buff sents cuz they are the most iconic class in the SW lore

Getting anything sembling well thought out and constucted feedback from those forums is an exercise in futility. Seriosly, go read the "JK Weakest Class" thread over there. Unbelievable.

What's really up with the class?

Edit: on my droid so ignore spelling plz

How the hell are the Sentinels the most iconic class in the SW lore, pray tell? The bloody class didn't even exist before BioWare made it in KOTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Edit: on my droid so ignore spelling plz
    Completely different context in a Star Wars forum.

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument)

anakin went sentinal in clones and he lost his hand. The only way to roll jedi knight is guardian!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    How the hell are the Sentinels the most iconic class in the SW lore, pray tell? The bloody class didn't even exist before BioWare made it in KOTOR.
    Just so we're clear, I didn't say that. The mouthbreathers on the official forums did ;p

I only tested for a weekend so I didn't get to high level or anything (topped at lvl 15) so I really only got 5 levels of sentinel. To me it seemed fine, I totally felt like a wreaking ball. Some of the harder fights it took some planing and if I didn't use my skills right I would die... but that seems like a player failure as opposed to a class problem. Might be different at high levels though.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Just so we're clear, I didn't say that. The mouthbreathers on the official forums did ;p
    And by further publishing nonsense, you don't really give your other points much validity + you come off as one of these "mouthbreathers" since you find it okay to publish it further.

I mean, just because someone says a lie, doesn't mean you should keep distributing them.

Deleted
    I've been playing Marauder (Sith version), and well.

No Saber Throw does indeed suck.

Leveling isn't "hard", just as melee you get hit more than ranged. I can solo elites if I use my Saber Ward CD and maybe a Medpack.

AoE is lacking, but when leveling it's not so bad with Vette using her grenade on CD.

The wrose thing I've found about Marauder is PvP, just being the typical melee that ends up standing in CC whilst getting beat on. If Bioware changes the way DR works in PvP it would be alot better, since at the moment it feels like there's no DR, when you sit in three 4-5second stuns in a row.

I'm only level 32 though, so it could be different at level 50, since I've not seen anyone level 50 yet on the EU servers. Once the high level premade server is up we'll get a better idea hopefully, since I'm questioning why I would be a Marauder when I could be an Assassin and basically be better at everything.

And by further publishing nonsense, you don't really give your other points much validity + you come off as one of these "mouthbreathers" since you find it okay to publish it further.

I mean, just because someone says a lie, doesn't mean you should keep distributing them.
    Was simply giving some context. I have like 20 total posts over there. Figured I try them again since NDA is gone. This is what I ran into.

My point "point" is those boards suck for gathering info on a class. The examples illustrate a few reasons why they suck.

Thanks for the info btw Arlee.

Deleted
    I seem to see very mixed feelings on the class... some love it and think its great others think its underpowered..

I just wanted to reply here since I played again this weekend and got to level 21 so I had some more experience with the sentinel to report.

So once you get Kira as a companion it does get harder to solo some mobs because she is not the tank T7 is. However, it still is really doable, but like I said earlier you have to plan your moves a lot more than you might need to on other classes (I haven't played other classes so that part is pure speculation on my part).

I don't think doing any of the heroic areas alone is possible though, but those aren't intended for solo play so it doesn't bother me really. I had no issues with the aoe ability. Often it outright kills adds and where it doesn't it stuns everyone which is very nice. Plus the damage to each unit is roughly equivalent to a single hit with strike to each one.

The damage reflection ability is extremely useful as well especially when you don't have your droid with you and your companion can't take the hits. Keeping agrro was pretty easy in that situation so them doing damage to me, hurt them and made killing them easier. The shield is also very helpful and we get an interrupt which comes in particular handy when fighting those dirty siths

I also did the Hammer station instance with a group and it seemed like it went really well. I felt like my dps was good (hard to really judge without a meter though) and I didn't have issues with pulling off the tank and I was basically just waiting for the tank to pull and then jumping right in on whatever target we were going for.

Anyway, I don't really have anything bad to say about the Sentinel as a class. I am having a ton of fun with it Also, I left out skill names because I couldn't decide if they would be considered spoilers or not

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a Sentinel to 14 this weekend. I did PvP and Flashpoints.

My leveling experience, I had no issues. However I did feel a little weak in PvP, but this could be attributed to the wrong rotation or something. Looking at the skills, I really wasnt sure what my rotation should be. Seemed like I was spamming Slash until my cooldowns were up but a couple moves were multi hit combo's and more often than not my opponent would move away from me before getting the second and third hit in.

Personally I think that I just sucked at the class, but it definitely didn't feel as good as my Trooper of the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Yes, Marauder has weak, if not any AoE at all.

I didn't knew that attack was taken off, and we need some sort of self healing.
    Idk what you are talking about regarding Marauder... but your post reminded me that I forgot to also mention that Sentinels also do get a group hot which isn't amazing or anything, but still is nice and held me through some of the harder fights.

Eh? Maybe because the sentinel is basically Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi? Just like the inquisitor is basically the Emperor and Darth Maul.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2011-11-28 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Eh? Maybe because the sentinel is basically Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi? Just like the inquisitor is basically the Emperor and Darth Maul.
    Sorry but your wrong

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Guardian

Deleted
    Sentinel uses dual light sabres, so I hate to say it buddy but I wouldn't class any of those three as a sentinel class.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    One thing I noticed about reading that, is that Guardians are pretty adept at getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Nice try but you can't compare terms from a single Staw Wars game and the overall Staw Wars lore with eachother.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Sentinel

See, nothing like the sentinel in this game. And in this game both the sentinel and the guardian are basically just the guardian from the actual lore. One is offensive and one is defensive but in the "movie lore" they are both found in the same "class". In this game you can't obviously do that, be a tank, support and dps at the same time
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2011-11-28 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Nice try but you can't compare terms from a single Staw Wars game and the overall Staw Wars lore with eachother.

See, nothing like the sentinel in this game.
    But we are talking about this game? O.o

10+ Year Old Account

See, nothing like the sentinel in this game. And in this game both the sentinel and the guardian are basically just the guardian from the actual lore. One is offensive and one is defensive but in the "movie lore" they are both found in the same "class". In this game you can't obviously do that, be a tank, support and dps at the same time
    Im going to highlight some very important information regarding the Jedi Sentinel and further prove why you are wrong. Remember, your argument is that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Luke are Sentinels.

The use of the term Jedi Sentinel, first introduced in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as one of the Jedi starting classes, was solely created for the game, and has only recently appeared in the pen and paper Saga Edition of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game as a Talent Tree for the Jedi class. This class is mostly signified by its use of yellow lightsaber blades. In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, the prestige class that corresponds to Jedi Sentinel is Jedi Watchman. The dark side counterpart is Sith Assassin; it should be noted that Jedi Watchman also appears in other canon works, such as the Tales of the Jedi comics and others. The class presumably became canon in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comic series along with Jedi Guardian and Consular.
    Continue to argue if you wish, but you are wrong and I have the facts posted to prove it.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2011-11-28 at 07:21 PM.