Thread: CPU help.

Deleted

CPU help.

So i have asus m3n-h/hdmi mobo.
    My cpu died so i need to buy a new one but i cant understand will this cpu will work with my mobo.
    http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes/...gmbox/4733613/

The cpu i am looking to buy.
    And do i need to buy new fan or will the old one work?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    From memory that board has an AM2+ socket, so yes you *Could* use an AM3 socket, but you will get sub-optimal performance. You would likely get similar performance out of a higher end AM2 Processor.

At this stage I would probably recomend simply replacing the motherboard at the same time though. There's little point in buying a new processor that is so far out of date.

Also the new processor should come with a new fan assuming you don't buy OEM.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-11-21 at 06:44 PM.

A CPU always comes withe a fan. Not the best fan mind you, but it will do. As for the CPU and Mobo it should work, because the Mobo is AM2+ socket and your CPU is AM3. You need to find out if your RAM is compatible with the Mobo as well.

Deleted
    well i am getting a best PC anyway so i am not looking for big upgrade for this old pc.
    I just need a cpu so i can mby play WoW for mby few weeks till new pc arrives and then put it in my borthers room so he can surf web and stuff like that.

So can i safly buy this cpu for stuff like this or should i get difrent one?