Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    While I agree Notch has acted like an arsehole and he needs to apologise, I don't believe that he has fabricated this whole thing. In my opinion this is the sequence of events-

There's a dispute over Mojang selling the stream rights to IGN. In my opinion, Mojang are fully entitled to sell whatever they like from their event. There is an argument/heated discussion when Yogscast make it clear they aren't happy, and threaten not to go. I believe this is probably the biggest source of tension, and at some point Yogscast make a big deal of how important they are to Minecon. This is completely true, they are incredibly important to the success of the event (they're one of the major attractions) but this sets a background of tension across the whole event.

Yogscast ask for accomodation/flights for 10 people. Mojang refuse and Notch is affronted by this request. He provides two rooms for them. I believe this is the basis for the "divas" comment. Turning up with ten people is pretty excessive, and I'm sure that when they asked for "support" the original request was for that many people.

Yogscast turn up at the convention and it is poorly organised, there are no ropes or pens provided. This causes a small incident, with the Yogscast complaining about the event being unprofessional. Again, this contributes to Notch's perception of them being Divas, however they were probably justified, though perhaps quite blunt. Also, I'd expect their entourage didn't help the situation. At some point, jokes are made where they do say "oh yeah, we'll cross that out and put fuck you". I think that's a pretty Yogscast thing to say (in fact I get the nagging feeling they've made some sort of joke like that in one of their videos). Of course, they were joking, but Notch takes this personally. Along with the swearing, Notch has decided that these two are assholes, and then the rest happens.
    The thing is, this is only an oppinion because only people who actually were involved really. However, the accusations made were really serious and noone should ever say such things if they can't prove it. You don't call someone guilty before you have proven his guilt.

As for selling the rights to the stream. In my oppinion what Mojang did was a major Faux Pas. I really doubt there would be a problem if they discussed it with their panelists. You need to understand that for youtubers who make a living out of it and devote their whole life towards it, the content they prepare is quite essential part of their job. It was simply unprofessional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The thing is, this is only an oppinion because only people who actually were involved really. However, the accusations made were really serious and noone should ever say such things if they can't prove it. You don't call someone guilty before you have proven his guilt.

As for selling the rights to the stream. In my oppinion what Mojang did was a major Faux Pas. I really doubt there would be a problem if they discussed it with their panelists. You need to understand that for youtubers who make a living out of it and devote their whole life towards it, the content they prepare is quite essential part of their job. It was simply unprofessional.
    Yes, I am aware it is an opinion, that's why I prefaced it by saying "in my opinion". As for really serious accusations, no, murder is a really serious accusation, saying they acted like divas is at worst unprofessional and at best petty tattling. Personally, I do believe Yogscast did something to give Notch a reason to be upset with them, he hasn't just fabricated this. He is entitled to his opinion of course, the issue here is that he aired it in public.

And no, Mojang are entitled to broadcast whatever they like from their event, and to sell the rights to this to anybody they choose. I'm sure Yogscast got plenty of footage from Minecon that they'll post on their channel (or maybe not, after all of this).

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am aware it is an opinion, that's why I prefaced it by saying "in my opinion". As for really serious accusations, no, murder is a really serious accusation, saying they acted like divas is at worst unprofessional and at best petty tattling. Personally, I do believe Yogscast did something to give Notch a reason to be upset with them, he hasn't just fabricated this. He is entitled to his opinion of course, the issue here is that he aired it in public.
    Did you consider that he might have gotten misinformed and instead of checking it (the autograph incident) he just started writting things on Twitter? There are just too many possibilties to spread assumptions. As for it being serious - yes it was serious enough for some people to DDOS YC website and someone to approach and insult them in person at the airport in UK. Good that some crazed Notch's fan did not do something much worse. Sure, no internet celebrity is reponsible for actions of their fans but they need to realize that spreading accusations at some possition can lead to serious consequences.

And no, Mojang are entitled to broadcast whatever they like from their event, and to sell the rights to this to anybody they choose. I'm sure Yogscast got plenty of footage from Minecon that they'll post on their channel (or maybe not, after all of this).
    It's not about if Mojang had right to do so but if it was approriate. There are many things you can do that is ok with the law but is a douchy behaviour.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2011-11-24 at 06:14 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Notch is a fat bald basement dweller. You can tell by looking at him that he has absolutely zero experience of social interaction, because he spent his adolescence locked in his room crying and masturbating. That's why he took it all so badly. Who the fuck gets offended by swearing? Nobody. You have to be a total douche.

There's no need for this. Infracted. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-30 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Did you consider that he might have gotten misinformed and instead of checking it (the autograph incident) he just started writting things on Twitter? There are just too many possibilties to spread assumptions. As for it being serious - yes it was serious enough for some people to DDOS YC website and someone to approach and insult them in person at the airport in UK. Good that some crazed Notch's fan did not do something much worse. Sure, no internet celebrity is reponsible for actions of their fans but they need to realize that spreading accusations at some possition can lead to serious consequences.

It's about if Mojang had right to do so but if it was approriate. There are many things you can do that is ok with the law but is a douchy behaviour.
    He may have been misinformed about the autograph incident, however I don't think he was. And there's more to the whole "Yogscast were difficult to work with" thing than just that one incident. Unless you believe Notch has fabricated this all then you have to accept he has good reason to be pissed off at them. Quite frankly, the idea he has made things up is pretty ludicrous, for whatever reason he felt the Yogscast acted like spoilt divas. Judging from what Notch said, and the incidents the Yogscast detailed, I think the events I suggested are probably somewhere near the truth, a mixture of Mojang being unorganised and Yogscast acting egotistically. But I'd by no means suggest that this is Notch "spreading assumptions", I think something definitely happened and he has a genuine grievance.

And no, it was in no way "douchy" of Mojang to stream content happening AT THEIR EVENT. They are perfectly entitled to stream any part of their event should they so choose.

I hope he puts out a well written apology, looked over by someone with PR experience so his legion of fans can stop the DDOS attack.

Looking at the one Minecraft topic, I did find this: He made C418 (Guy behind minecrafts music) pay for his own Minecon ticket. Which is kinda sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    He may have been misinformed about the autograph incident, however I don't think he was. And there's more to the whole "Yogscast were difficult to work with" thing than just that one incident. Unless you believe Notch has fabricated this all then you have to accept he has good reason to be pissed off at them. Quite frankly, the idea he has made things up is pretty ludicrous, for whatever reason he felt the Yogscast acted like spoilt divas. Judging from what Notch said, and the incidents the Yogscast detailed, I think the events I suggested are probably somewhere near the truth, a mixture of Mojang being unorganised and Yogscast acting egotistically. But I'd by no means suggest that this is Notch "spreading assumptions", I think something definitely happened and he has a genuine grievance.

And no, it was in no way "douchy" of Mojang to stream content happening AT THEIR EVENT. They are perfectly entitled to stream any part of their event should they so choose.
    I think we won't understand each other since you are missing the point of what I have written and keep repeating the same missed arguments over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    You obviously missed the price on Blizzcon tickets, granted they're probably more elaborate, but still overpriced. But what isn't these days...

So I'm confused...Notch is just displeased with whoever these yoggcast people are for swearing while playing? Kind of an odd thing to be angry about, I mean, whenever a damn creeper sneaks up on me and explodes you should hear the string of swears I let out...either way, it's not like he has to reinvite them or whatever if Minecon ends up becoming an annual sort of deal.
    It is Minecraft though which is a good game but not on par with some other games which would deserve their own conventions.
    Blizzcon is also a much larger event and requires probably a whole shit ton more requirements in order to please the people going meaning a high ticket price. all Minecon done was make some creeper statues and said that was done and they had a stage and a few booths to come with it, whereas blizzcon has a poop ton of booths.
    Also just look at the size of the rooms blizzcon uses entire convention centres Minecon used a hotel.

In all honesty blizzcon prices are justified whereas minecon isn't.

Also Notch and the Yogscast acted like kids and both acted like kings of the world at the event.

What has been said can't be proved and never will.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I hope he puts out a well written apology, looked over by someone with PR experience so his legion of fans can stop the DDOS attack.

Looking at the one Minecraft topic, I did find this: He made C418 (Guy behind minecrafts music) pay for his own Minecon ticket. Which is kinda sad.
    I see him as nothing but a socially inept, greedy bastard. I really have zero respect Notch, who even before this was completely uncharismatic.
    He must be one horrible boss. Especially considering the little he seems to do at Mojang and how half of Minecraft is community created.

I suppose this is what money does to people with no self-distance.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I still think there's more to it. What the hell set this off in the first place? As unprofessional as Notch was in handling this, I don't see why he would make this up in the first place. Something has had to have happened.
    He was tired/stressed/drunk/stupid in the head. Didn't think things through even half-way and just posted things on twitter like a smack-talking twat.
    Pathetic isn't quite strong enough of a word to describe it. It should never have been heard of by the public, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I see him as nothing but a socially inept, greedy bastard. I really have zero respect Notch, who even before this was completely uncharismatic.
    He must be one horrible boss. Especially considering the little he seems to do at Mojang and how half of Minecraft is community created.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 03:45 AM ----------

He was tired/stressed/drunk/stupid in the head. Didn't think things through even half-way and just posted things on twitter like a smack-talking twat.
    Pathetic isn't quite strong enough of a word to describe it. It should never have been heard of by the public, at all.
    True. I remember when the game was down for maybe 2.5 days because he was off playing with his Nerf guns. Didn't feel like rushing back to fix his game or anything. Also remember when he insulted and put down the creator of Potioncraft. Then, wouldn't you know it, they add potions to the game. Yeah, shit idea indeed.

Yogscast lost my respect.

Hey, guys?

This thread is to talk about what happened, not shit on Notch. None of you have met him so maybe let's not comment on his personality. If you don't like what he did, say so! But tone it down, thanks.

Same goes for Yogscast, no need to insult them.

Sorry, but I really laughed when TB actually compared YC to actors like the original Spock etc. Come on, seriously? How pathetic can you get. Seriously, why do people even take him seriously. It's like Athene, it's so bad it's amusing. And whenever someone says his jokes suck you get the endless "OMG BRITISH HUMOUR U NO GETZ TROLOLOL" Sorry, but Monty Python, Little Britain and the Young Ones, that is british humour.

As for the event. As I wasn't at Minecon I can't speak for what was said. Except 2 sides that give random statements in their own favour. I am inclined to believe Notch more. I have never seen a sincere, honest or any close video or whatever from YC, just ranting, laughing at nothing and pretty much failing at minecraft (in a fun way at times)
    Last edited by lanerios; 2011-12-05 at 08:46 PM.

You all are SO GULLIBLE that its making me rage.. It's called FAKING THE SUSPENSION.. its a freaking youtube trick thats been used for years. It generates people to "support" their celebrity as if they are the victim. They get way more views from you in return. Hate to break it to you but you are all being outwitted.

Watch this:

You can skip to 6:12 but I recommend watching it all
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2011-12-05 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Where do you get the idea that he does little at Mojang? If you're referring to his constant tumblr posts about stupid shit I'll agree with you there.

Half of Minecraft is community created? Say what?