Poll: Do you like Isle of Conquest ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Strategically it's a fantastic BG, if you manage to get 80 players in who want to play that way. Unfortunately, Wrath is a year gone and people still yell "docks ftw" at the start, and tell anyone who attempts to explain reasonable tactics to "stfu noob". Getting my 100 wins was really, really painful. Everytime I'd be like "okay, the horde have the hangar, the horde are dropping in, the horde are using bombs on the gate.... oh we've lost. See what they did? Can we do that please?" And all the while my team are running around going "omfg defend glaives only 1 feral wtf...."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    These battlegrounds (IoC & AV) need more actual PvP in them. Not sure how to resolve the issue in IoC but at least in AV the devs could implement an "avalanche" near balindas house that would force horde and alliance to have a big 40v40 tug of war till npc's clear away the snow or something along those lines. Revisiting the item turn in system again would be great too. 4 guilders and I just last night summoned the Druids after defending the north. Was a pretty huge game changer.
    The last thing the game needs is another XvX clusterfuck. We already have TB for that.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It can really drag on (which, I seem to like!) or it can be over in a matter of minutes. Personally, I don't mind it. Although I still hold a preference to it over AV

10+ Year Old Account
    First I feel like both the hangar and the docks (especially the docks) are closer to the alliance.

Nearly every game as horde we take hangar and WS, while the entire alliance team zergs the docks.

(If we can kill glaive throwers we win)
    (If we don't we lose)

Pretty much sums up almost EVERY experience I have in Isle of conquest.

On a side note, I hate all the vehicle BGs, and I hate AV also the 40 mans are dead and need to go...

I have completed both AV and Isle of Conquest, with the top players having ZERO kills.

Deleted
    dont like it. dont like AV anymore either.

10+ Year Old Account
    IoC is fun enough. I think I prefer it to AV most of the time because attacking/defending towers (which is how you win AV games) isn't so much PvP as it is "run in and spam a bunch of AOE while trying to train the squishiest-looking guy down." The camera was not fuckin meant for use in such tight little areas - you can't see anything inside a Horde tower and the pillars in the Alliance towers fuck with the camera constantly. You can zoom in so you're staring right up your toon's ass, but then you have absolutely no ability to really keep a good eye on what's going on around you.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    IoC feels more like a PvP race than a battle. Essentially it suffers from the same flaws Alterac Valley does.

10+ Year Old Account
    If done well, it's simply alright.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Long as I don't get Strands of the Ancients I'm happy.
    I'm the same as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    I'm the same as you.
    Never understood the hate for SotA. Next to AV, it's my favorite BG Call to Arms. So much honor, so fast... even if you're losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Never understood the hate for SotA. Next to AV, it's my favorite BG Call to Arms. So much honor, so fast... even if you're losing.
    hmm Hate is a strong word I wouldn't say that. I just find that everytime I try to help and give directions about taking bombs/ dispelling demos/ slowing demos/ killing demos/ Or noticing that one end of the beach has 3 healers and the other end has none... no one listens. Of course not helped by the noob and retard calling that goes on. I play both factions and find SotA ok on the Horde side and you can tell they listen because even if we lose they all picked up bombs. On the Alliance side its less about tactics and more about killing of other players, and you can politely remind them bombs are in gy where you spawn they still won't pick them up. I just prefer the other bgs because I type less!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    hmm Hate is a strong word I wouldn't say that. I just find that everytime I try to help and give directions about taking bombs/ dispelling demos/ slowing demos/ killing demos/ Or noticing that one end of the beach has 3 healers and the other end has none... no one listens. Of course not helped by the noob and retard calling that goes on. I play both factions and find SotA ok on the Horde side and you can tell they listen because even if we lose they all picked up bombs. On the Alliance side its less about tactics and more about killing of other players, and you can politely remind them bombs are in gy where you spawn they still won't pick them up. I just prefer the other bgs because I type less!
    My favorite part of SotA is the morons that don't understand why South GY wins games :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like it, most of the times i leave tnh ^^
    ~May the goat be with you~

One of the worst bgs, only thing I find enjoyable is to defend, I always stay in base.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

If I qued into this BG, I would just eat the deserter buff and do something else.