Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whats with the Wild Growth Nerf?

Wild growth healing is being nerfed by 20%.

This seems substantial. Am I missing something? Why would they nerf an ability so hard like that, as well as adding 2 sec more to the cd of wild growth with the glyph?

I need a seasoned resto druid to help me out here.

Instead of addressing the problem, they just pulled the lever of Druid from Buffed to Nerfed. Its just this lever they got for a quick mind rest.

They knew they broke druids when they made hots go fast. They should have been like Wotlk. Slower hots and harder ticks. Now that gear is stepping its way up, its gotten out of control. Just look at charts. They are over 3k ahead of a holy pally.

Deleted
    Because it's ridiculously overpowered? Druids are INSANE at the moment, and WG is by far their best heal. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Firelands/hps/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagga View Post
    Because it's ridiculously overpowered? Druids are INSANE at the moment, and WG is by far their best heal. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Firelands/hps/
    How is it overpowered? Just because the mechanics of a druid constitute that they are top on the charts does not mean op at all, it simply means they fill the nich they are supposed to fill: best raid healers. Pallys and priests have always been the best tank healers, and shamans have been great at both, i see no need for them to make this durastic nerf just to even the numbers out with whos topping the charts. If it were not for the other healers (classes) in the raid, those bosses would never EVER go down.

Show me a heroic 25 rag kill with only 6 druid heals and no other healing classes. Yep, wouldnt happen.

Edit: and to also add this, all the scrub / baddie 10 man "heroic" guilds out there probably dont even have a clue about the 2005 haste cap, so why hurt high end raiding with this unneeded, uncalled for nerf?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2011-11-22 at 04:10 AM.

Now if we only had abilities that mitigate damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How is it overpowered? Just because the mechanics of a druid constitute that they are top on the charts does not mean op at all, it simply means they fill the nich they are supposed to fill: best raid healers. Pallys and priests have always been the best tank healers, and shamans have been great at both, i see no need for them to make this durastic nerf just to even the numbers out with whos topping the charts. If it were not for the other healers (classes) in the raid, those bosses would never EVER go down.

Show me a heroic 25 rag kill with only 6 druid heals and no other healing classes. Yep, wouldnt happen.

Edit: and to also add this, all the scrub / baddie 10 man "heroic" guilds out there probably dont even have a clue about the 2005 haste cap, so why hurt high end raiding with this unneeded, uncalled for nerf?
    My guess is because with all the Heroic Dragon Soul gear, we'd be untouchable on raid damage fights (pretty much all of them in 4.3). I hate it as much as all the other druids here, but it's not going to knock us out of the #1 WoL spot.

Resto Druid is amazing in PvE right now. This was the best solution for a nerf I guess...

The nerf is to position us with other healers. It's quite obvious really, but wasn't necessarily needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

1. It is overpowered, a smart heal which is spammed on cd with the changes to mastery and spirit becoming less important (in current gear) it is working much better than intended. Also blizzard always says they are trying to move away from the "niche" roles for healer classes and you summed up exactly what they are trying to avoid by stating the purposes of each healer class.

2. You won't see 6 druid heals in a Heroic 25 Rag kill because you generally won't see 6 healers in full stop. It's easily 3 healable and yes druids outperform on it anyway.

3. The 2005 haste is not a haste cap - it's a soft cap for wild growth...one of many.
    Last edited by Centurians; 2011-11-22 at 06:23 AM.

Its understandable that you don't like nerf.
    But wg was owerpowered.
    And druid healer is overpowered by himself. As well as holypaladin.
    Try to 2-heal heroic firelands with priest-shaman. Beth'tilac and ragnaros will be true skill and gear test for such setup.

I'm druid, and I'm trying to be as anbiased as I can.
    You should play other healers to understand the difference.
    Healing with druid is easier, mana management is easier and benefit of druid in raid is bigger than from shaman for example.

Also don't worry, in dragon soul nothing really changed - druids are still top healers on heavy aoe encounters.

Deleted
    Ehm, disc priests are pretty damn good at the moment too...it's only shamans who are in the crapper right now.

Also I sure would hope rdruids are top healers on heavy aoe encounters in 4.3, since it's the only thing they're good at. (for slow and constant aoe that is, burst aoe really is another thing)

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Ehm, disc priests are pretty damn good at the moment too...it's only shamans who are in the crapper right now.
    What do you mean by "pretty damn good"? They do 15% less HPS in average. Holy priests do 25% less HPS in average. Shoud not holy priests be as good aoe healers as druids?
    Its not always right to judge someones healing by hps, but it means what it means - there was damage and there was healer who healed it.

Some people say that druids are bad tank healers. Well, bad druids are But if you have to help healing tank, you will be able to outheal "tank healer", just by keeping hots on it. And its not like you will not be able to heal raid in the same time.

Currently there is big disbalance in healing. Druids and paladins are good, they have good hps, they have no mana issues, they depend less on gear.and they are easy to master. Priest and shamans have low hps, mana issues and in order to be good they need to have exceptional gear.
    There is no such statistics, but I think that there are 2 times more raiding paladin and druid healers than shaman and priest healers.

The only thing that I don't really like is that they nerf druids instead of buffing other classes. But in the same time we should understand that without nerfs healing in DS will be not challenging enough. We don't want to die from boredom in new raid, right? And we don't want to lose our raid spot because all encounters will be possible to do with just 3 healers.

Deleted
    No, druid are not good tank healers. They can heal a tank , sure, but they are not good tank healers. If as a druid, you're better at tank healing than a paladin or a disc priest, either you are good and they are bad, or you're decent and they're terrible.
    It's not even a question of the amount of hps you can deliver on 1 target, rdruids simply don't have the utilities/cooldowns to efficiently tank heal, not on the level of palas and priests. At least not at a real level of play (i.e. heroic modes).

I'm not saying this because I'm afraid for my spot, I'm not even playing resto, but I still think there should be compensations for this nerf (some actual cds? making regrowth not such a terrible flash heal? etc...). As long as those compensations are more about single target healing, I think that should prevent any added qq.

Also, the wg glyph nerf is ridiculous, but if they keep it, they could at least create a new major glyph for rdruids. Because right now, with the nerf, the optimal major glyph setting for a 10 man resto druid is 2 glyphs + 1 empty slot (it's less black and white for 25m, but still).

PS: you really seem to underestimate priests. Disc are really awesome right now. It's holy who are shitty, but they're getting massively buffed, so we should hope that's getting corrected.
    Last edited by mmoc4f7a735ed2; 2011-11-22 at 09:21 AM.

Theres a video of a resto druid on YT doing the Zul'Aman timed run in all level 70 PvP gear and Trinkets without needing to drink. I think Ghostcrawler seen this video.

What good healers care about HPS? It's hardly the be all and end all, hell, if other healers want high hps so much I'd hapilly trade for some decent cooldowns.

What a lot of people don't realize is the reason druids are topping healing meters is because both cooldowns churns out a lot of extra healing, whereas the cooldowns of the other healers reduce damage taken.

So if the nerf puts resto druid HPS at the same level of the other heals HPS taking into account the use of Tranquility and Tree of Life, you can look forward to resto druids respecing, rerolling, or sitting out, because this means that resto druids match the level of healing of the other classes only by blowing the cooldowns, but do not have all the fancy toys like Hand of Sacrifice, Aura Mastery, Spirit Link Totem, Power Word Barrier, Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit...
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2011-11-22 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    What a lot of people don't realize is the reason druids are topping healing meters is because both cooldowns churns out a lot of extra healing, whereas the cooldowns of the other healers reduce damage taken.

So if the nerf puts resto druid HPS at the same level of the other heals HPS taking into account the use of Tranquility and Tree of Life, you can look forward to resto druids respecing, rerolling, or sitting out, because this means that resto druids match the level of healing of the other classes only by blowing the cooldowns, but do not have all the fancy toys like Hand of Sacrifice, Aura Mastery, Spirit Link Totem, Power Word Barrier, Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit...
    My point exactly. Ive spent most of my time on PTR and apart from a few hickups here and there druids are still decent. But our Disc Priest has gone Holy and to be blunt hes a Resto druid on steroids with MUCH better CDS.

If they want to get away from the niche of tank healers / raid healers ect, they need to give druids some type of life saving CD, like LOH, GS, PS. I can from my time on PTR see why some people are suggesting people will take holy priests instead of druids at the moment. They offer all the druid tools and more. I personally also think Shamans still need more from what ive seen on PTR

But to be honest dont worry to much. Not much has changed regarding the healing, a compentent druid will still pull his weight

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Its not like shamans have any damage reduce cooldowns Neither they have any healing throughput cooldowns. Actually they don't have any cooldowns.

Paladin cooldowns are as strong as druid ones, maybe even better, but they are not as strong for aoe healing.
    Priests have aoe healing cooldown and they have one single target damage reduction cooldown, but its not strong enough to put them on par with druid aoe cooldowns.

You should understand, that there will be encounters in DS where you will have to aoe heal through the whole encounter. And no one will be even close to druids on these encounters. On other encounters druids will be just good.

No sane raid leader will take shaman to their progression raids

And you will still be able to top hps meters even after nerf.

Deleted
    I think a nerf was a decent call for it, everyone hates a nerf (OMG NERF! WHYYY) but the only other solution was to change the mechanics of the spell, which would piss everyone off even more, wild growth was simply too good. It's still really good now, just not as ridiculously good as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    What do you mean by "pretty damn good"? They do 15% less HPS in average. Holy priests do 25% less HPS in average. Shoud not holy priests be as good aoe healers as druids?
    Its not always right to judge someones healing by hps, but it means what it means - there was damage and there was healer who healed it.
    Sure, your hpriest can be just as good of an AoE healer as my resto druid as soon as you give me guardian spirit and bubbles and pain supression.